Author Topic: A plea to our great chairman  (Read 7234 times)

black n yella

A plea to our great chairman
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »
Mr. Newton, I hope you read this post and take serious stock of the situation the club is in by appointing the wrong manager. To be frank, we have an amateur bullshitting his way into managing our team and everyone knows now this guy isn't the answer. I hear you mentioning budget issues, and I'm sure we all appreciate the money and time you put in to keep us going but going cheap is just not the answer any more. Please do right by the club and cut this guy loose and start again next season. We don't want journeymen or big stars, just players that will give their all and show a little respect for the paying customers and a decent clued up gaffer who knows how to get the best for the best price. I don't want us splashing the cash like Trinity, I realise that's not sustainable. If you don't make the managerial change soon, people like myself, and almost 400 others will not venture back next season. I hope I've shown you the upmost repsect you deserve David, please think about the damage this current bunch are doing and make the right choice.

Up The Pilgrims

Chelsea

• View Profile
Re: A plea to our great chairman
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:54 AM »
Spot on

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »
Agree

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »
Agree too, but will he, or any of his minions, read it!!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 04:02:58 PM »
Am not saying you're wrong guys but just to sidetrack slightly. Imagine if we took all of this combined effort that some are showing into condemning Drury, albeit to be fair with some justification at the moment, were to instead channel that in supporting the team the ground would sound and rock like ST James Park or Fratton Park and who knows that might actually help everyone?

Just a thought.

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:42:30 AM »
How about showing Newton some respect and respecting his choices. After all, it's his money.

And how about less of the name calling? Labelling Drury a cretin is beyond the pale, surely?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
He's not a cretin but a poor manager !

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 11:15:42 AM »
How about showing Newton some respect and respecting his choices. After all, it's his money.

And how about less of the name calling? Labelling Drury a cretin is beyond the pale, surely?

For someone who say's  "I delve in to non-league when Posh are too far away". you seem to be taking a lot of interest in BUFC at the moment and spending most of the time defending our manager. I agree with you on one point he is not a cretin.

IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »

For someone who say's  "I delve in to non-league when Posh are too far away". you seem to be taking a lot of interest in BUFC at the moment and spending most of the time defending our manager. I agree with you on one point he is not a cretin.

Granted - though i've followed your fortunes for years having hailed from near Spalding. I also look out for King's Lynn's results, but i've more affection for you lot than that crowd.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
I agree with this first post. I just cannot bring myself to comment on Satudays disaster.

I think David Newton realises he has made the wrong decision, looking at him in the stands after the game. But how to get rid is more of a problem.

I would suggest that if we do not win on Tuesday, the chairman should ask the manager to leave immediately. I would put Steve Welsh in charge to the end of the season and plan to get a new manager in for next year as soon as possible after this season ends

All this rumour about bringing in more players. Last week the manager said he would stick with the players he had. After that 1 left, 1 more in. No idea what will happen this week. It is all an excuse to defer the inevitable. Think we have seen these comments and tactics before and look whare that got us.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »

Granted - though i've followed your fortunes for years having hailed from near Spalding. I also look out for King's Lynn's results, but i've more affection for you lot than that crowd.

Thanks AGL,  but apart from your 2/3 mates on here I think it fair to say there is little affection for you and your buddys from most posters on here .     Has Graham been turned down by Lynn at some time ?
I am sure you are posting in good faith but I ,m afraid you are doing Graham no favours , people on here are not gullible enoungh to fall for all the Drury propaganda you post .   Most found it amusing to start with but now it is getting tiresome .

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »

Thanks AGL,  but apart from your 2/3 mates on here I think it fair to say there is little affection for you and your buddys from most posters on here .     Has Graham been turned down by Lynn at some time ?
I am sure you are posting in good faith but I ,m afraid you are doing Graham no favours , people on here are not gullible enoungh to fall for all the Drury propaganda you post .   Most found it amusing to start with but now it is getting tiresome .

As i've said, GHM, i couldn't give a monkeys how GD does with you boys.

And, i know of no-one else who posts on here. I used to post, back in the day, and the only person i recognise, though it looks as if he's had a change of name, is Andy Butler. Rooster Isaac is about the only name i remember from back then. Oh, and the person that was behing Impstalk used to post?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »

As i've said, GHM, i couldn't give a monkeys how GD does with you boys.

And, i know of no-one else who posts on here. I used to post, back in the day, and the only person i recognise, though it looks as if he's had a change of name, is Andy Butler. Rooster Isaac is about the only name i remember from back then. Oh, and the person that was behing Impstalk used to post?

For someone who does not give monkeys about Drury you seem to be going to a lot of trouble to defend his appalling record at Boston .

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
For someone who does not give monkeys about Drury you seem to be going to a lot of trouble to defend his appalling record at Boston .

Do I?

All i've said is his actions seem to reek of a budget cut.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »
Get the guy Setchell in from Kings Lynn.   He seems to be able to work to a budget and acheive results.  Only got to look at the run they had in the Trophy to kow he can do it at this level, and higher.   Drury is a just a journeyman Manager and we deserve better than that.