Author Topic: NO PASSION NO CLUE  (Read 11147 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: NO PASSION NO CLUE
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 11:04:05 AM »
From what i have been told whitby played verry much like the way ashton did against us early doors last season.

Ashton won that with a break away goal, whitby didnt so its a improvment so in all truth why we are only 5 points adrift im not to bothered if its a lazy draw or a draw crafted out by a fantastic performance, longs we aint lossing and we are staying in touch, it is about results.

Agree with a few comments seen over the past few weeks about us not gonna win to many but cant see us winning loads.

pilgrimfan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »
Scott and Hurst werent even david newton's first choice managers, they wanted peter duffield but he turned them down, so they had to go for second best.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
Scott and Hurst werent even david newton's first choice managers, they wanted peter duffield but he turned them down, so they had to go for second best.

Whether the above is true or not true, the "second best" means absolutely nothing. Mourinho wasn't available either was he? so are they 3rd best?
As I said, they chose the best manager/managers they could and I for one have confidence that they chose correctly.
I think it's plain to see that some will want them to succeed and some will not.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 02:26:44 PM »
Why dont everyone just realise this team isn't as good as everyone thinks and maybe not even as good as last years.
::)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
ANYONE who suggests that H&S are not doing a good job needs their head examining, 1 defeat in their 17 games in charge and 1 win away from jumping 3 places up the table. They have brought in some quality players like Church, Sleath, Newsham, Clarke etc and shovelled out the shit from last year. Our only defeat came in 7 crazy minutes and we've only been close to losing once (Hucknall).

Anyway i thought we'd learnt to ignore Chelsea
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 04:36:28 PM by BostonGoals »

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
I think that H&S have tried to model a team along the lines that was successful for them last season.  The difference being two players Ilkeston had that we have not.  Their forward Cahill I think that scored a plenty and Pringle in midfield who was clearly the creative one with Sleath and Church the more defensive.  Whether the new Clark is the creative addition we've yet to see but as has been mentioned we'd have lost at least two of the four home draws last year so far more resilient  defensively just lacking in the going forwad stakes.

All in all still more to be positive about than negative.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
is chelsea evans........... ;D

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:29 PM »
is chelsea evans........... ;D

I may be wrong....but chelsea, with a small "c" is Mr Ken dull. Check out NLZ.
The one that posts on here is Chelsea with a capital "C" ;)