Author Topic: Please do the decent thing Dreary.......  (Read 23842 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: Please do the decent thing Dreary.......
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 07:42:35 PM »

argieh this response promps me to ask how many seasons have you attended BUFC games at YS and in this time how many games have you attended .?
Are you buying a season ticket next season .?

Happy to answer, ghm. About 13 seasons, 20-30 games and will probably just pay my £13 on the gate rather than buy a season ticket. Will also sponsor a player or two, maybe a match, plus will also buy a few bits and pieces from the commercial shop and some food/drink from the kiosk on matchdays. May not be the world's most fanatical BUFC attendee but it all helps I suppose  :)
[/quote]

So you are saying argieh, you have attended BUFC games for about 13 seasons, in which time you have seen 20-30 games.  That means you have seen an average of about 2 games per season?
[/quote]

Nice   ;) still totally unbelievable    8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
Im so amazed how you so called supporters ,better still nothing but Moaners, Seems to me you moaners are not satisfied who is the manager of your so called beloved Boston Utd
Get in the real world folks of football, Hurst & Scot had a great side, but then they left and broke up the winning side, Jason Lee did his best, and Graham Drury is doing his best, you have to build a side and this all takes time to do not over night.
So as Rob Scot has said  quote   " If you dont like what you see, then dont F.c...g Come"
Unquote so thats about it to all you moaners
get behind the players, manager & board of Boston Utd

I know of most posters and their views be they "moaners " or "happy clappers " like myself .
The vast majority had a open mind on GD appointment . Sadly he quickly showed he was a bit of a PR disaster  (mate of Evans , biggest club in Lincs etc ) .  Many are unsure about the quality of his signings .
But the biggest burden he  has to bear is the" puppets" who come on with patheticly biased posts which to an intelligent person amounts to piss taking .
Now if these people do it on their free will I feel sorry for him and he should appeal to them to stop ,
otherwise he will find it difficult to win fans over .

Good post GHM. A voice of reason.  I too would not want people to think I've moved from the so called happy clapper, I still am but won't take that
kind of manipulation from these creeps!  8)

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 08:00:37 PM »
All evidence so far shows what a total sycophant and puppet you are aaarreeighggh   :o  Highly unlikely you will be offered respect by long standing supporters based on the sneaky, underhand way you started messing around on here. Frankly my dear fellow you are a disgrace. The same applies to GD because he will know what you've been doing and maybe even encouraging/proposing it. Totally amateurish in my view. In fact, Unbelievable  8)
Reason I stick up for the manager is exactly because he is the manager, as well as being a friend, and that friend cannot defend himself on here. It's exactly the same as you would cross the street to confront somebody foul-mouthing a friend who you know can't strike back . Read all of my posts and you will find that I have never once tried to disguise the fact that I support the manager, in fact I have gone out of my way to make it known that all my postings are coming from exactly from that angle, that I have never purported to be a fanatical BUFC supporter, only an intermittent follower, and that I have never ever resorted to personal abuse. Whether people respect me is totally irrelevant to me but I will always stick up for a friend who cannot defend him/herself with all I've got and if people think that is being underhand then so be it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 08:25:59 PM »
All evidence so far shows what a total sycophant and puppet you are aaarreeighggh   :o  Highly unlikely you will be offered respect by long standing supporters based on the sneaky, underhand way you started messing around on here. Frankly my dear fellow you are a disgrace. The same applies to GD because he will know what you've been doing and maybe even encouraging/proposing it. Totally amateurish in my view. In fact, Unbelievable  8)
Reason I stick up for the manager is exactly because he is the manager, as well as being a friend, and that friend cannot defend himself on here. It's exactly the same as you would cross the street to confront somebody foul-mouthing a friend who you know can't strike back . Read all of my posts and you will find that I have never once tried to disguise the fact that I support the manager, in fact I have gone out of my way to make it known that all my postings are coming from exactly from that angle, that I have never purported to be a fanatical BUFC supporter, only an intermittent follower, and that I have never ever resorted to personal abuse. Whether people respect me is totally irrelevant to me but I will always stick up for a friend who cannot defend him/herself with all I've got and if people think that is being underhand then so be it.

Why can,t he defend himself on here ,   no computor ?

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 08:32:33 PM »
Im so amazed how you so called supporters ,better still nothing but Moaners, Seems to me you moaners are not satisfied who is the manager of your so called beloved Boston Utd
Get in the real world folks of football, Hurst & Scot had a great side, but then they left and broke up the winning side, Jason Lee did his best, and Graham Drury is doing his best, you have to build a side and this all takes time to do not over night.
So as Rob Scot has said  quote   " If you dont like what you see, then dont F.c...g Come"
Unquote so thats about it to all you moaners
get behind the players, manager & board of Boston Utd
I like to think of myself as a Moany Clapper................ we could have an inbetween catergory!

I know of most posters and their views be they "moaners " or "happy clappers " like myself .
The vast majority had a open mind on GD appointment . Sadly he quickly showed he was a bit of a PR disaster  (mate of Evans , biggest club in Lincs etc ) .  Many are unsure about the quality of his signings .
But the biggest burden he  has to bear is the" puppets" who come on with patheticly biased posts which to an intelligent person amounts to piss taking .
Now if these people do it on their free will I feel sorry for him and he should appeal to them to stop ,
otherwise he will find it difficult to win fans over .
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 09:15:26 PM »

Reason I stick up for the manager is exactly because he is the manager, as well as being a friend, and that friend cannot defend himself on here. Arhhh... that's so nice and lovely!

It's exactly the same as you would cross the street to confront somebody foul-mouthing a friend who you know can't strike back . Wrong,
this is a forum, a conversational piece, not a high street!  ;) "Strike back" sounds aggressive, is this fisty cuffs?   8) please explain!  ;)

Read all of my posts and you will find that I have never once tried to disguise the fact that I support the manager. Really? You think so?  ???

in fact I have gone out of my way to make it known that all my postings are coming from exactly from that angle If that was true it would be considerate!  8)

Whether people respect me is totally irrelevant to me. That's fortunate, as it unlikely ever to happen!  :dan

but I will always stick up for a friend who cannot defend him/herself Arhhh that's very nice, little ole' GD should be sooo happy with you, bless.  ;)

8)  UNBELIEVABLE  8)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:19:19 PM by Myleftfoot »

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »
Shauneyg, your shout now I guess!!  8)

:dan

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »
AGL, are you out there ready to go?  :bunny

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2013, 09:31:50 PM »
Of course should any other recent newbies such as, for a start........ :-

bodman
   Stanrat            
   Toby Lerone                  
   phillyblue         
   swineshead pilgrim!      
   budmaster                  
   Townend worrio   
   whydidyousaythat?   
   Harry Ramsden                           
   FrankieBoy
   Ian Ayris (LLD)                                       
   AGL

Wish to comment, please feel free!  :)  I don't know who you are! 8)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »
Some people need to put this forum and the Boston United fan base into perspective. Out of the 900 or so regulars that turn up at home games, I reckon less than 5% are active on here.

The way some people go on, this forum is everything. It isn't, it's just like a corner of a pub where a few football minded people get together and get their opinion across.

A good chunk of those at York Street are so old I bet they don't even own a computer. The guy that sits next to me in the Staffsmart - I said 'Pilgrims' Patter' to him last week and he said "what's that, a disco dance ? "

DL

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2013, 05:49:59 AM »
Good Post Daniel,
I know quite afew supporters who have never even looked at Patter, let alone become a newbie.
The views on BUFC here are just a fraction of the usual crowd that turn up on a Sat.

I dont know if Iam a Drury fan yet or not but I know Iam a Boston fan and that will never change, it's far too early for me to judge the management, next season is the time for judgement.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2013, 08:32:10 AM »

That frankly sir is total bolocks. If you were a true friend you would surely be able to tell him the truth, be that ugly or palatable without the need for this personal crusade of yours and without as you now suggest, of having an obligation to defend, shield or even protect him from some opinions that he probably wouldn't give a toss about

He's surely been in footall long enough and doesn't strike me to be a shrinking violet type of character andas such any comments will surely be wate of the old back. I personally dont think what you do can be described as underhand, you are as you say open with your allegiance it's simply the almost childish stubborness in which you try to argue his point

As for the ability to defend himself, again he certainly strikes me as one who can do that pretty as well and if he wants to reply to any of the criticism then of course he can register like the rest of us

Failing that why not use your 'special friendship' to bring us insight on many issues that we struggle with;

Why he says what, why does he feel player 'a' is better than player 'b', why have so many seven day notice for players ended up in failure, who would he like to see here next year etc etc. If he is as good a friend as you suggest he will no doubt be able to fill you with such info, indeed you probably already know, and hopefully rather than chase all drury knockers around an assortment of different threads you will be able to inform us all rather than behave as you do.

Again only a suggstion. Like you, I never get personal nor do I respond with aabuse it is but a question Sir

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2013, 12:38:25 PM »
There is one apt word in the title of this thread which indicates what it has become "Dreary" - he's not going, he certainly won't resign before the end of the season, so we will have to put up with him.

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »
AGL, are you out there ready to go?  :bunny

Where are we going?

Since you're the self appointed forum police, I'll go on record and state I'm not bothered by how drury does with you boys. I'm thankful for what he did for Stamford, but he's, understandably, upped and left twice at crucial times. He's a good manager and when you ok start to accept where you're club is at at the minute, and get behind him, he'll do we'll for you.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2013, 07:28:05 PM »
Some people need to put this forum and the Boston United fan base into perspective. Out of the 900 or so regulars that turn up at home games, I reckon less than 5% are active on here.

The way some people go on, this forum is everything. It isn't, it's just like a corner of a pub where a few football minded people get together and get their opinion across.

A good chunk of those at York Street are so old I bet they don't even own a computer. The guy that sits next to me in the Staffsmart - I said 'Pilgrims' Patter' to him last week and he said "what's that, a disco dance ? "

DL

I,M 70+  Daniel and I bet their are a few more  out  there that like us are old enough to remember
the STAFFSMART STAND . ;) ;)