Author Topic: Let's be careful..  (Read 4206 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Let's be careful..
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »
I've stood back and taken a look at the current predicament. Frankly, I think we are in a precarious position. Not news I know. However, we should seriously have a solution based plan. GD must get this sorted and quickly. The old stuff of giving the manager another 3 months into a new season is folly. Those days have gone, and the ability to stretch the finite resources are no longer. Football has for the last few decades now been crazy with cash, and remains so in the top echelons. The lower clubs with disposable (Cash Cows) income over any more than a year or two are now very few. However, my confidence in the Chairman remains and this will continue, we owe David a lot (not a cue for SP!).

The most sorry point for me is the destruction that is ongoing by our "fans". Unbelievable!  I will not take on the blame issue, too negative for my mind. Just to say, as I have on many occasions, negativity is and always will be contagious. I am very concerned about some of the 'newbies', all is not well in that direction! Smacks far to much of some old antics for my liking. This requires a clear and transparent type of business governance, and is essential should we wish to retain all the formerly lost good will from local business.

No more shenanigans like the past will be tolerated by those sponsoring and supporting the club.  ???
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:17:11 PM by Myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Let's be careful..
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »
I've stood back and taken a look at the current predicament. Frankly, I think we are in a precarious position. Not news I know. However, we should seriously have a solution based plan. GD must get this sorted and quickly. The old stuff of giving the manager another 3 months into a new season is folly. Those days have gone, and the ability to stretch the finite resources are no longer. Football has for the last few decades now been crazy with cash, and remains so in the top echelons. The lower clubs with disposable (Cash Cows) income over any more than a year or two are now very few. However, my confidence in the Chairman remains and this will continue, we owe David a lot (not a cue for SP!).

The most sorry point for me is the destruction that is ongoing by our "fans". Unbelievable!  I will not take on the blame issue, too negative for my mind. Just to say, as I have on many occasions, negativity is and always will be contagious. I am very concerned about some of the 'newbies', all is not well in that direction! Smacks far to much of some old antics for my liking. This requires a clear and transparent type of business governance, and is essential should we wish to retain all the formerly lost good will from local business.

No more shenanigans like the past will be tolerated by those sponsoring and supporting the club.  ???

Three months into the new season may appear, certainly to most as folly, but unfortunately with the security of a contract under his arm MLF it would appear the club has very little choice but to go with it and as such are perhaps not long gone. I cant say I profess to know the details of Drurys contract in worth or duration , but it's almst certain it wil see him in charge come August. If your belief in DN is complete as you suggest and I am of equal belief then we can do nothing but support Drury righht through this season, the summer and the at least the first three monhs of the season

Can't see any other option for us

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
Daft world when folk get paid a lot of money to go away when found to be poor at their job, politicians, bankers and football managers to name but a few. Can,t sack someone because we can,t afford to pay him to go must seem rediculous to 99% of football supporters who would get nothing if they were sacked from their jobs. No wonder punters get disgruntled with under performing employees who seem to have their bread buttered and jammed on both sides.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »
Does anybody know what contract GD has?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »

Ask Shauneyg   or   Sammyj   .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »
End of next season, I think.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 02:49:41 PM »

You are correct

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 03:30:11 PM »
Is there a get out clause for us!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »
Is there a get out clause for us!

Called the gate next to the turnstyles KN can be used at a persons wishes

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »

Seenbetter

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 07:44:15 PM »
I think theres a Santa Clause.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 07:46:54 PM »
I think theres a Santa Clause.

I hope so or mums been lying to me all these years and ill be devestated

Seenbetter

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »
Mums don't lie. I wear that white beard and long red coat a lot around Christmas.