Author Topic: A plea to our great chairman  (Read 7204 times)

AGL

• View Profile
Re: A plea to our great chairman
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 01:45:01 PM »
Lynn used a sledgehammer to crack a walnut in the UCL, and didn't even win it in two attempts.

Their budget this season has to be one of, if not the, highest in the division.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 02:03:21 PM »
Maybe Kings Lynn  could afford to pay above the going rate to get out of the United League.  I dont think their gates are anywhere near as big as ours, so how can Setchell have a bigger budget than Drury ? or do Lynn have a rich businessman pumping in money ?  I have seen Lynn play once this season ( Coalville) they looked a really decent side, which is more than we look. 

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 02:11:25 PM »
For someone who does not give monkeys about Drury you seem to be going to a lot of trouble to defend his appalling record at Boston .

Do I?

All i've said is his actions seem to reek of a budget cut.

We still should have picked up far more points, Reek of excuses tbh!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 02:53:37 PM »
Get Setchell in from Kings Lynn, are you mad sir?

Whilst he may be a great manager time I guess will tell that, if on the one hand we continually slate Drury(not me I hasten to add, far to polite for that) for the lack of his winning pedigree, being out of his depth, cant cut it in the Conference North etc et, how on earth could anyone possibly consider getting in another manager from the Evos Stick, and one most certainly has no pedigree higher than he is

Come on people you cant have it every way....can you?

I need to rest ???

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »
I take your point BG, but can i say its a little bit of  black N white way of looking it.  On one hand we have a Journeyman Manager, who is at best a decent level 4 manager.  The other chappie is a young guy, played the Non league game at a decent level, in his first real management position and has made a decent job of it.  With him you might be buying into potential, what have we bought into with Drury ?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 03:19:37 PM »
Big clubs very rarely buy into potential though, unfortunately it simply doesn't happen, and to question as you have every right to do Drurys appointment is to also even if its done subliminally qustion the wisdom and decision making of the chairman. Something until he openly suggests otherwise I am not going to do. In fact it's another reason why, inspite of all logic I still support 'our' manager as I did indeed the la one, and the one before that, in fact all of them really!

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 03:58:32 PM »
All People, (including Football Club Chairman) make mistakes.  Its what one does after making that mistake that counts.  At some point Mr Newton will look around York Street and see the size of the crowd, and maybe think to himself.  Did I get it wrong ?  Now what do I do to get things back on track.

BG I admire your faith in believing that those control the throttle and steering wheel know exactly what they are doing.  I feel its already time to scrap that vehicle and look at bringing in a different model.  Now I maybe wrong, then again so might you be.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 05:29:39 PM »
Maybe Kings Lynn  could afford to pay above the going rate to get out of the United League.  I dont think their gates are anywhere near as big as ours, so how can Setchell have a bigger budget than Drury ? or do Lynn have a rich businessman pumping in money ?  I have seen Lynn play once this season ( Coalville) they looked a really decent side, which is more than we look.

Easy one to answer semiom ,   
  1  ,  Lynn rent the Walks off the council for a peppercorn rent ,  I guess £100 against our £72k /year .

2 ,   Lynn liqudated instead of going into admim , clears all historic depts that way (bugger the creditors )  Admin cost us a reputed £1.4 million .

You may have gathered I have big doubts about Drury at BSN level but in fairness at UCL level with the Lynn budget I think he would have delivered promotion.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »
Have to agree with the original post.

In normal business, Drury will have failed in his probation period. Mr Newton will thank him for his work but point out that Drury has not managed to attain the level expected and required of him as per his original employment interview. Steve Welsh and/or Martyn Bunce should then be asked if they wish to manage the team for Tuesday night's game.  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
Have to agree with the original post.

In normal business, Drury will have failed in his probation period. Mr Newton will thank him for his work but point out that Drury has not managed to attain the level expected and required of him as per his original employment interview. Steve Welsh and/or Martyn Bunce should then be asked if they wish to manage the team for Tuesday night's game.  :bunny

Whats normal in all other aspects of life though ddoesn't apply to football, and never has. Look at Southampton, they are still paying their last manager rather than pay up his contract, even though to most he was sacked 6 weeks ago. You couldn't make it up could you?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »
All People, (including Football Club Chairman) make mistakes.  Its what one does after making that mistake that counts.  At some point Mr Newton will look around York Street and see the size of the crowd, and maybe think to himself.  Did I get it wrong ?  Now what do I do to get things back on track.

BG I admire your faith in believing that those control the throttle and steering wheel know exactly what they are doing.  I feel its already time to scrap that vehicle and look at bringing in a different model.  Now I maybe wrong, then again so might you be.

I didn't in fact said they know what theyare doing, I was simply reiterating that as a loyal supporter I will fully endorse and support the decisions of the chairman especially this one in whom we are greatly indebted, until such time he either admits he was wrong or brings in a new manager

At this stage, without knowing the details of the contract given to Drury, any requirements the chairman expected during his tenure (if any) the length of the contract and if there were any caveats inserted that in reality allows either party to walk out and or terminate said contract who will decide if Drury has failed under achieved or even fallen short of Newtons expectations

But you right semion, I most definitely could be wrong sir as Mrs G has great pleasure in telling me, I often am! :'(