Author Topic: Well played  (Read 7458 times)

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
Well played
« on: February 27, 2013, 07:23:19 AM »
A fantastic game last night. The team played some good football throughout the match. Fist half the team attacked as a unit with some good movement anf team work, but lacking the final ball to create a really good chance. In the second half we came out fighti.ng . Moving forward as a complete team playing some very good football against a good strong harrogate side.
The players looked very dejected as they walked off. Them being very disapointed with the result after putting in a good performance.
From what I have seen from the team under gd is a dam sight better than I ever saw from a team under jl.
Keep your heads up boston the results wil definately come good.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well played
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:46:53 AM »
WYP if you liked what you saw after a 4/2 loss that will do for me.

SOUNDS like the sort of football to expect next season.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:58:07 AM »
It was very encouraging. The negatives from last night can be put right easily.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 09:13:19 AM »
Though KON wil no doubt put a different slant on last night, and accepting it's only one mans opinions (and ignoring Miele and shauneyg's anticipated euphoria at such comments for a moment) it least it doesnt sound as bad as on the face of it the result was

Its why I refuse point blank to be too condemning of Drury as the season draws to a close, though that might come next year. At least itwoulkd appear the lads battled, they responded they gave their all, all attributes we as supporters demand from our 'soldiers'

Gutted by yet another defeat, but tempered by the possibility that at least there were positives to be taken

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:16:23 AM »
I obvoiusly wanted us to win but mostly wanted to see something positive from the team performance, which is I got from the game.
We won't be getting relegated so keep working on the team and performances to set team up for next season. (hopfully not our last)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
Sounded like a good performance , those who traveled must be delighted .
Looking forward to Saturday and a similar performance .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 02:39:57 PM »
Though KON wil no doubt put a different slant on last night, and accepting it's only one mans opinions (and ignoring Miele and shauneyg's anticipated euphoria at such comments for a moment) it least it doesnt sound as bad as on the face of it the result was

Its why I refuse point blank to be too condemning of Drury as the season draws to a close, though that might come next year. At least itwoulkd appear the lads battled, they responded they gave their all, all attributes we as supporters demand from our 'soldiers'

Gutted by yet another defeat, but tempered by the possibility that at least there were positives to be taken
over the moon with last nights performance.Its a shame I couldnt make it last night.The results dont count anymore.If we play well every week and lose it doesnt matter, Not bothered if GD gets us relegation because hes doing a good job.I bet Mr Newton is really happy with the recent results.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »

over the moon with last nights performance.Its a shame I couldnt make it last night.The results dont count anymore.If we play well every week and lose it doesnt matter, Not bothered if GD gets us relegation because hes doing a good job.I bet Mr Newton is really happy with the recent results.

getting the team right with good performances is the first job then will come the results we want. we won't be relegated, the teams below won't win 5 games during the rest of the season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 05:18:03 PM »

Don,t expect many fans will be excited by 4-2 defeats next season ,  lets be positive and look for a few 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws next season and nail down a mid-table position.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 05:39:16 PM »

Don,t expect many fans will be excited by 4-2 defeats next season ,  lets be positive and look for a few 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws next season and nail down a mid-table position.

WYP states even tho they lost he enjoyd the game.( he was there.)
drury is not worried about keeping the negatives happy of cause we wont to win and so we will.
I am only a home supporter cant get to away games.
its nice to hear a possitive from a fan whos traveld so far and see his team loose.(a true fan)

Seenbetter

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »
perhaps we wont be relegated because he wasn't apointed early enough. Just another way of looking at it.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »
perhaps we wont be relegated because he wasn't apointed early enough. Just another way of looking at it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 06:11:54 PM »

Sadly exciting 4-2 defeats does not win points nor do they sell season tickets for next season .

WYP states even tho they lost he enjoyd the game.( he was there.)
drury is not worried about keeping the negatives happy of cause we wont to win and so we will.
I am only a home supporter cant get to away games.
its nice to hear a possitive from a fan whos traveld so far and see his team loose.(a true fan)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
After a night to sleep on it, here my take on the game.

First half
Harrogate were sharper to the ball to us, as GD said to the Standard Harrogate are a good second ball side and won nearly all the key battles. Ross put out on the right wing was in affective, I didn't even notice him until 35mins, probably not helped by Walker who seems less likely to bomb forward than Marshall.
Their number 6 won nearly every header against Newsh and SWD (whilst Bloomer pointed at the nearest Boston player). When the ball was played to either of their feet he was there to out muscle them and poke it away.
Their first goal should have been a foul, Haystead's mistake was getting back up and trying to make a save rather than doing a Walshaw. Haystead was constantly under pressure as balls were crossed into the box - I'm guessing they've had us watched!
The second he misjudged the flight of the ball and could/should have done better.
I can't think their keeper had a save to make whilst we were lucky their finishing was poor

Second Half
Boston started brightly and put the back four under pressure.
Field looked lively and got some decent crosses in against a good right back until taken off injured.
It wasn't really a surprise when we managed to nick a goal from a corner as the pressure paid off. Our second was one of the few times Bloomers point and No.6's head failed to clear a cross and Newsh headed home.
After a decent 15 minutes we did the same thing we've seen time and time again over the last 18 months a threw it all away with sloppy play from midfield to defence.
Once they were back in front it was game over.
Wardy came on upfront with a minute to go and won three or four headers but it was all too late, we lost what shape we had as we tried to level it and got caught on the counter attack.

Overall
Not much has changed other than half the team. We still give away silly goals and lack any sort of plan b up front. SWD seems a yard short of pace (is he carrying an injury?) and I've never really liked him paired with Newsham as we lack the physicality to cope with most of the BSN centre backs. Three points against the likes of Vauxhall on Saturday are going to vital to try and right this listing ship

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »
After a night to sleep on it, here my take on the game.

First half
Harrogate were sharper to the ball to us, as GD said to the Standard Harrogate are a good second ball side and won nearly all the key battles. Ross put out on the right wing was in affective, I didn't even notice him until 35mins, probably not helped by Walker who seems less likely to bomb forward than Marshall.
Their number 6 won nearly every header against Newsh and SWD (whilst Bloomer pointed at the nearest Boston player). When the ball was played to either of their feet he was there to out muscle them and poke it away.
Their first goal should have been a foul, Haystead's mistake was getting back up and trying to make a save rather than doing a Walshaw. Haystead was constantly under pressure as balls were crossed into the box - I'm guessing they've had us watched!
The second he misjudged the flight of the ball and could/should have done better.
I can't think their keeper had a save to make whilst we were lucky their finishing was poor

Second Half
Boston started brightly and put the back four under pressure.
Field looked lively and got some decent crosses in against a good right back until taken off injured.
It wasn't really a surprise when we managed to nick a goal from a corner as the pressure paid off. Our second was one of the few times Bloomers point and No.6's head failed to clear a cross and Newsh headed home.
After a decent 15 minutes we did the same thing we've seen time and time again over the last 18 months a threw it all away with sloppy play from midfield to defence.
Once they were back in front it was game over.
Wardy came on upfront with a minute to go and won three or four headers but it was all too late, we lost what shape we had as we tried to level it and got caught on the counter attack.

Overall
Not much has changed other than half the team. We still give away silly goals and lack any sort of plan b up front. SWD seems a yard short of pace (is he carrying an injury?) and I've never really liked him paired with Newsham as we lack the physicality to cope with most of the BSN centre backs. Three points against the likes of Vauxhall on Saturday are going to vital to try and right this listing ship

thought haystead had a good game. he had to take alot of crosses which he did well. agree about swd's pace but couldn't fault his effort. i do think hes had his day at boston and a replacement should be found.