Author Topic: fans  (Read 8757 times)

bb1

fans
« on: September 20, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
just read all the posts from so called Boston fans. Criticize yes but put in perspective true fans are like
pompeys who have watched their team lose 6 matches scoring only 3 goals don,t think their ground is empty or maybe durham fans who are playing in difficult circumstances played 8 scored 4 how they would love a
draw even if it was a poor performance they only have the prospect of dropping 2 leagues think the true fans will still be there. Yes the performance wasn't the greatest but there are another 16 home matches for a very young still gelling team to show what they can do.Wasn't it about 10 games into the season that the same moaners were calling for taylers head,bring back Walsh where did that come from as most couldn,t wait for new blood. The positives from saturdays match we kept a clean sheet we are still unbeaten at home we are 7th in the early tables 5 points off the top with a game in hand. I for one didn't hiss or boo. One of the best matches of the season for me was the Hucknall game and yes it was a draw.Part of being a true fan is not knowing what to expect taking the good with the bad.Glad to read tom's posts keep being a TRUE SUPPORTER of a great little club that's what we are at the mo.

Shodfried

Re: fans
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »
And don't you think Boston fans have suffered enough over the last few years?

Even if some was self inflicted.......

Cut the crap about 'true fans', a fans a fan even if he only turns up once a season. Not everyone needs to stand behind a big flag with a replica shirt on to be classed a true fan.

Fact is there's some on here who've built this team up to be something its not, worse still there's some on here who still trot out the 'be thankful we've still got a club' line.

Its time for this much hyped management team to start delivering results, Tuesday's gate will probably dip below a thousand and its the middle of September, if we go out of the FA Cup on Saturday which is quite possible given the fragile nature of the team I think the fans have every right to voice their disapproval. Boston fans pay the highest prices in the league and they deserve better than the garbage seen so far at home.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »
Lets put this in to perspective shall we. If you pay for anything and you're not happy with it you do have the right to complain. On sat i stood instead of sitting in the main stand, now you do get a few people in there venting their spleens. What a shock it was to hear how much venting goes on by those stood,  mind you, they're very crafty they all stand at the back and shout.  ;)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 01:58:03 PM »
You seem to think that if someone's a fan, they can't complain when things aren't going well - managers, players and teams in general are happy to take the plaudits when they win - on the same merit, they should be happy to take the flack when they are underperforming.

Or should we just say "never mind, perhaps you'll do better next  time"?

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »
Complaining. Who's complaining.
We are expressing our personal observations on the situation as we see them. I call that free speach.
We are still supporters of Boston United and I will be at as many home games and away games as possible to try and cheer them on into greater glory. I still think HnS are going to do good things for this club. I still think that the players are giving their best. But I will ask one question, Are the team any better now than they were at the beginning of the season ?. I will stick my kneck out and say no, but I do think that we are on a learning curve and although most seem to expect success this season I for one wont mind if it doesn't happen until next season.
If the supporters with a moan stopped posting on here cos you don't like it then eventually you'll be talking to yourself.
Happy days and may I be the first to wish everyone a Happy Christmas.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 02:24:47 PM »
Boston fans pay the highest prices in the league and they deserve better than the garbage seen so far at home.
It seems I was right yesterday, if the away and home form could be swapped then everyone would be happy. I can see why as the fans that don't travel (which is obviously the majority) haven't seen us win a league game this season which is what is leading to the frustration.

bb1

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »
Everyone has a right to an opinion.the meaning of a fan is a devotee of the sport what a load of negative posts on this forum. Is there any positives from anyone hardly any.I go to watch a game of football that's what it is a game it should be a pleasure what ever the results.I get a little tired of the same old moaning by people who can never be pleased. Some should get real and realise that a team can't win every game. An example of how fickle on this forum in the not to distant past Woody was getting a load of stick not good enough drop him etc played well in a poor game.It's a fine line between discussion and moaning.Gary Lineaker          
said on match of the day last night when the fans give you stick you take a long time to get over it .constructive criticism please so i can respect others opipions or maybe i should do what the so called fans are doing and stay away and refrain from reading this forum.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 03:22:13 PM »
AGREE,DISAGREE AND AGREE.

Constructive words are a must from the fans, but neglective abuse a NOT

If the away form was home i think people would be happier.

I said at the beginning of the season that i didnt think we would be there just yet but aso pointed out that we had built a team harder to beat and thought we would be making huge steps in the right, I still think we have done that as the table proves at the moment.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »
Bostonshire for manager........... ;)

pilgrimfan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »
he can't even spell  :D ::)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »
he can't even spell  :D ::)

Good, working out what i write due to bad spelling may give some people summit to do.

Has this is now a personnal attack on spelling my convo as ended, thank you bye

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »
Like me Bostonshire may not be the best of spellers but his posting always contain measured opinion and commonsense. As one who stands on the terrace on a regular basis I can assure Lonegunman that Sat was very tipical and abuse is about that level even when we are winnig matches.  I can think of no reason to shout abuse at young players still learning their job, and many fans find it upsetting. Shouting abuse is a completly different thing to expressing an opinion. These managers have made a far better start than some who have gone on to make great managers . Lets not forget many on here were calling for a "proved" manager along with a big budget not so long ago, take a look at BPA  and Trinity

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »
Agree with the above from ghm.I can't understand what are supposed fans hurling abuse at players during the game-it achieves nothing.Similarly I don't understand those who use this forum to describe performances as rubbish(or worse) without saying why or how to improve it.I was critical of yesterdays performance,or at least the system we played,as were others,and i see nothing wrong with that.I am by no means a "happy clapper" but criticism needs to be constructive.This is a fans forum,not an official club site,and as such allows us to discuss openly,which is how it should be.Thankfully most contributors post with common sense rather than the keyboard warriors who contribute nothing but cries of "rubbish" or expletives.

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »
Lets face facts, everyone hoped, if not belived, that the new managers had got it right first time, a finely tuned unit that would brush everything before it aside.

But this is the real world and the unpredictable face of football. The team are still unbeaten so the progress made on last season is immense but it is plain to see that there is some way to go yet and even when changes are made teams are not going to lay down at York Street and let us steamroller over them. Merely because of the clubs infrastucture teams raise their game at ground such as York Street, Gigg Lane and The Walks, that's the way of it.

Would it really be a contest if we were to run up scores of five, six and seven each and every week. The tedium of that would be as bad if not worse than waiting for the first home victory.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »
Thats probably why we're doing better away, teams treat us like any other, and plus they dont have all the old people moaning at them.