Author Topic: were on the crest of a slump  (Read 13084 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
were on the crest of a slump
« on: February 26, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »
get real everybody. this is getting serious. another defeat and 31 games played.
these two homes games are now massive. we must get at least 4 points from them

colwyn are getting new players in, other sides know exactly what they have to do.

I for one am getting very worried about this run in. Its allright saying it will be allright for next year- although with this set up I doubt it. I cannot see Newsham, Milnes, and SWD staying in this set up, and if we dont watch out we will get ourselves into third from bottom.

what a mess. its ok blaming Jason, but this set up is fast getting worse. I think we really are in trouble.

cambocakes

• View Profile
Re: were on the crest of a slump
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »
Dont upset them positvees....Jason never toke us below 12/13th place.If Bishop Stort get a result tomorrow down another place we go....altho against Corby.Which in a bizarre way might be more of a favourable outcome....but some are convinced we wil be ok!!!

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:01:53 PM »
jellyman signed for corby today. assume he is suddenly fit

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12:30 PM »
Would you want to play for drury?

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
It does seem quite obvious, from the outside looking in, that the budget has been cut since Drury came in.

I'd imagine Jelleyman was one of the higher earners? You're also bringing players in from lower leagues as, i suspect, they're all you can afford. You wouldn't be the first to cut a budget when there's not a sniff of promotion, with a view to saving it for the season after, and you won't be the last

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »
Why does it appear obvious that the budget has ben cut. You cant assume hat has happened simply because so many players have departed the two whislt suspicious I grant you dont go hand in hand

Bringing in players from lower leagues does not always mean they will be cheaper either. Others moe in the know can confirm more accuratly than I but from my limited knowledge I am told the budget is just betwen £3000 & £3500 somewhere around there, which if true isn't to be snifed at but equally isn't a lot of money. On a par from what their fans said with e Corbys of the world

Was Jellyman going really a surprise to anyone. He hasn't been playimg well all season though in his defence has he even been fit at any time of the season. To me it's a very risky signing Corby have made there

Will Newsham stay next year is ayones guesss (I bloody hope he does though) but will it really come as a shock to anyone if SWD does not lineup for us next year. Drury doesnt appear to go out of his way to suggest otherwise does he

Thats more worrying perhaps than our woeful run whch at best will bring us a just below mid table finish. 14th, 15th, 16th

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »
I also think you are right about Bisshop Sortford tonight, its a huge game for hnm and Corby and unfortunately a big game for us. Ideally we would want the former to win and after three draws and three wins in the last six matches I expect them to. If they do it would push Corby who I think have lost five on the bounce deep into the mire, especially as they then play Colwyn at the weekend which will be a massive game

You have to assume with 4, 5 games in hand that Stortford will finiah above us, pushing us further on th league so, and only with that in mind we might as well wish them well tonigh and if winning push another team into wha loo like a five six team race for that last relegation spot, and no that doesn't include us, we are safe, 100%so lets not promote sleepless nights when we simply dont have to

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
On points-per-game (useful, with many teams having played different number of games), we are currently 17th, with Corby, Histon, Colwyn Bay, Droylsden and Hinckley below us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 11:37:56 AM »
Tesco have announced today that all products will be labelled clearly in future - The chief Executive stated that Boston has been specially selected for the launch of the new product' Laughing Stock'!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »
It does seem quite obvious, from the outside looking in, that the budget has been cut since Drury came in.

I'd imagine Jelleyman was one of the higher earners? You're also bringing players in from lower leagues as, i suspect, they're all you can afford. You wouldn't be the first to cut a budget when there's not a sniff of promotion, with a view to saving it for the season after, and you won't be the last

Thank you ,     What part of the world to you come from and who do you support ?

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »

Thank you ,     What part of the world to you come from and who do you support ?

Peterborough and Peterborough, with the odd surjourn to Stamford, Deeping, Yaxley etc.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
Saving the money to use on next years budget! Dont think it works like that does it? If thats the case lets get rid of the coach/CC and use the money for next years  budget!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
Saving the money to use on next years budget! Dont think it works like that does it? If thats the case lets get rid of the coach/CC and use the money for next years  budget!

With Boston about to make a season loss again you are correct there is no way on earth this would be the case because whatever gets saved out of budget goes to covering loss.

Somebody else with a strange comment

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »

Peterborough and Peterborough, with the odd surjourn to Stamford, Deeping, Yaxley etc.

Nice you've a sudden interest in BUFC!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »
All this sudden interest,

Everything is going to be cool for us as with all the renewed interest we are getting i will be expecting 3000+gates next season  ::)