Author Topic: not so good..........  (Read 10291 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: not so good..........
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 08:29:54 PM »
OH right hang on lets put this a corner, we gained ground at the top. remember whitby are the best in the league at grinding teams to draws.

BUT ANYONE WHO SEE ME AT THE CINAMA REMIND ME TO GET UP AND BOO AND HIS AND SHOUT "YOUR feckING RUBISH" AT THE SCREEN IF I DONT LIKE THE FILM.

Its no wonder that players slate the club when they leave.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »
Was very frustrated and annoyed at Uniteds performance today.
Madhos is correct in stating, `maybe we aint as good as we think we are`.

Today we lacked a leader in the middle of the park.
There was a distinct lack of width. Have we any wingers? or does the 4-3-3 formation make us play too narrow?
The long ball to target man Suarez was ineffective although a few of his flick-ons were good, his striking partners Newsham and Clarke were nowhere to be seen.
And when we had a throw in, in Whitbys half, why on earth do we try to throw the ball to Suarez who has 3 or 4 defenders stood with him that are built like brick sh*thouses. !!!

Whitby Town were there for the taking today and a 3 points was a must. But,as usual we drop two points at home in a frustrated atmosphere.
Carry on playing like this and we will be playing this level football next season.
Lets revert back to a 4-4-2 formation and a few loan signings wouldnt go amiss especially in the winger and striker department.

GOOD LUCK TUESDAY NIGHT AGAINST A DECENT RETFORD OUTFIT !

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 08:41:42 PM »
Agree with Madhos think the lads are struggling to come to terms with an expectant home crowd. Maybe it's time for some people realised We are a Unibond club, not just a Conference club who are playing 2 levels below. Until the fans get this I feel we will continue to struggle at home as the pressure continues to get to the players. Also a thought, if we could swap 2 home draws for 2 of our away wins even though we'd have the same points scored I don't think half as much criticism would be on here as there is now, I think the frustration of not seeing us win is clouding some peoples judgement.

Having personally seen all the away games we have been fantastic Burscough apart and look a different team, this is for 2 reasons

1) no expectant home crowd, enough said
2) Teams come at us more when we are away which is why the 4-5-1/4-3-3 works.

Also agree with most of OCM's comments especially the formation. 4-3-3 is not working at home and most of the time looked more of a 4-5-1 to me, with Suarez/Newsham taking turns to be isolated up front. The tactic is far too negative at home we need to get at teams more.

Having said all that I do think we played very well first half, dominated the possession and for those that only saw us create 1 chance I counted 3 each half. First half Sleath shooting high over from the left wing when 1 on 1 with the keeper. Suarez missing the ball completely when it was pulled back for him with an empty net and the keeper stranded. And Clark slicing the ball when through on the right.

Second half we where very poor (which coincided with the moans from the crowd starting) but despite this still had 3 very good chances, Newsham shooting straight at the keeper from about 3 yards out, his header that only he knows how he missed it and a lob from the same player that was only just wide.

So for me the lack of creativity that some talk about is unjustified and some of the criticism is a bit OTT. It may be we have to wait till after Christmas to see the best of this team, it may be next season, but I believe we have the right managers to get us out of this league even if it isn't instant success (which having only lost once it's not that bad a start). And the boos are out of order, very Newcastle.

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 08:45:37 PM »
I have to agree with most of what has been said already. I thought today Suarez looked a yard short, whether it was that whack to the head he got at the start of the game I don't know! at least Scott had the honesty to say they need to look at things and come up with a strategy to break teams down at home. personally I think Matt Kennedy looks like opening teams up when he plays. Cotton should but he seems to sit deep. We definitely need to get some wide play going but lets keep positive we play Durham soon, should be a goal fest!!!!!

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 09:14:09 PM »
On a lighter note look what I found on whitbys forum - made me chuckle - especially the bit about our county flag. Bless 'em - it's so hard to please some people.

only going to say this once,and got to get it off my chest,hate the team,hate the club,hate th town,hate the county,and seriously hate that stupid flag,in fact its not a flag,its josephs first attempt at a dreamcoat after a night on the pi%%..so im well chuffed we got that point..YORKSHIRE FOREVER!

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 11:58:41 PM »

I can only reiterate what a lot of supporters are saying is that this 4-3-3 formation is
  not working for the Management with this squad of players, irrespective of a tried and
  tested method adopted by Scott and Hurst last term with Ilkeston. We have used Mickel
  or Danny up top with the ever present Newsham and one other in a three that are so
  isolated at times with what appears to be little understanding and/or communication
  between them. We have within the squad two very natural out and out wingers in Dan
  Cotton and Matt Kennedy respectivley who can only impress in their natural positions.
  We also have a striker that was signed by the Club on the back of a successful season
  last term scoring a total of 25 goals in a forward role and being supplied for at least half
  of that total by wide play courtesy of Dan Cotton.Surely with that sort of understanding
  within the ranks why can't it be tried here at York Street.
  With respect to todays fixture I thought we were very poor and devoid of any real
  adventure anywhere in the final third and how Newsham missed two gift chances to
  secure us the three points I'll never know. For someone who supposed to be in a rich
  vein of form with seven goals to his name these misses were criminal.We hopefully will
  now see the credentials of the Management with a fixture on Tuesday night to put it
  right................................
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 12:36:43 AM »
 So play 424 against Retford and see what happens..!

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 08:46:04 AM »
So play 424 against Retford and see what happens..!

Why not... what have we to loose as a one off................. only about another 100
 off the gate at the next home fixture I would expect. And how disapointing to see the
 bar after the game only a third full compared to a few weeks ago. Probably all going
 home to set up their BBQ's on such a lovely evening or the fact they were all very much
 disapointed in the stalemate........
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »
went to all the pre season games and although the opposition wasnt good at times we always tried to play a good passing style of football and looked very good at times but has everyone else noticed since the introduction of davison against spalding we have reverted to a long ball game more and more over the past few weeks especially at home.i know the 4-3-3 system causes this a lot of the time but the players seemed to have stopped trying to pass the ball so much. cammy played probably his worst game of the season yesterday and i was surprised he wasnt brought off along with suarez. definately time to try something different against retford or ellender will have a field day against the lightweight suarez.

Seenbetter

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 11:46:38 AM »
I didn't say anything after the Loughborough game about Suarez because on the day he did very well for us and on here somewhere someone couldn't understand why he has been accused of being sluggish. So in case that game was a turning point for him I thought I would wait and see what happens when we play a team back at our level. Now I notice that some think he was a bit slow yesterday. Well bugger me.
Couldn't make yesterdays game so did Woody play. How did he fare. Would like to see him progress.
As for the booing and hissing at the cinema---the problem is you wouldn't go and see the film again if it were rubbish, would yer