Author Topic: today  (Read 21782 times)

argieh

• View Profile
Re: today
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »
Under Jason I would describe our current season as "falling slowly down a flight of stairs", I think Mr Dreary is pushing us down those steps to speed up the process.

Lets face reality, this guy has not got a clue, full of bluff and bluster with absolutely no end result at all. I find it a really sad state of affairs when we consider a dissallowed goal as a sign that we played well.

If this guy had the decency and the credibilty the chairman has, he would make a discrete phone call to say "sorry, I misunderstood when you said you want us out of this league asap, I have no idea what I am doing, so goodbye"

What a ridiculous statement, tm! Have a look at his managerial history and you'll see that he has a record of promotions/silverware so where you get the idea that he hasn't got a clue is beyond me. It also doesn't take a genius to realise that when you call one person by his christian name and the other by a derogatory term that the posting is probably more motivated by a personal grievance rather than a footballing one!  ::) 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:17 PM »
Under Jason I would describe our current season as "falling slowly down a flight of stairs", I think Mr Dreary is pushing us down those steps to speed up the process.

Lets face reality, this guy has not got a clue, full of bluff and bluster with absolutely no end result at all. I find it a really sad state of affairs when we consider a dissallowed goal as a sign that we played well.

If this guy had the decency and the credibilty the chairman has, he would make a discrete phone call to say "sorry, I misunderstood when you said you want us out of this league asap, I have no idea what I am doing, so goodbye"

What a ridiculous statement, tm! Have a look at his managerial history and you'll see that he has a record of promotions/silverware so where you get the idea that he hasn't got a clue is beyond me. It also doesn't take a genius to realise that when you call one person by his christian name and the other by a derogatory term that the posting is probably more motivated by a personal grievance rather than a footballing one!  ::)

tm grievance is the same as most other fans , lack of results and poor signings .

Beware argieh,  MLF is back on the warpath   8)

black n yella

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
You talk of silverware - he's won feck all worth giving a toss about and shame on mr.newton for appointing such a person. First time I've ever been critical of our great chairman but this might well be a massive mistake on his part for employing such a con artist of a manager. Boy what's happened to our beloved football club, god help us next season.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »
The results are disappointing at the moment but whoever came in it would have been a big job with not much money to work with, but Drury has not endeared himself to fans with some of his comments.

All good and well us being the fittest team in the league next season if we just run around like headless chickens for 90+ minutes, as fans we will have to get behind the team and Graham and hope he can improve the squad for next season, I do feel he has brought some good players but the team is still unbalanced.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:56:23 PM by BosLeake »

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »
Mr ArgieH.

I refer to Jason by his first name as I have respect for what he has achieved in his professional career. I refer to the other one as Mr Dreary, as he has achieved nothing other to alienate me by gobbing off about players he knew nothing about one day and everything the next. We can all dream of what we will do next season, that is the cry of losers, achievers shout about what they are doing now.

I feel I have earned the right to be critical, after 39 continuous years with a season ticket. Will I buy one next year, yes of course I will, will Mr Dreary be there, I sincerely hope not.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2013, 08:25:05 PM »

Not a dig or anything of that kind but i would like to just say that some keep going on about his past record. This mean complete Rubbish im afraid to say, its what happens     
 now. seen many good managers taken on by a club because they have a so called good record and from there we have watched some clubs go backwards.

I want and hope drury turns things around but his past means nowt

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »

Post of the day! Its a shame others are being fooled by Dreary!

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2013, 01:02:05 AM »

Coundn't agree more WELL SAID!

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:50 AM »

Drury has only ever been successful at clubs with money... and in lower leagues. That 'managerial history' as you put it is great for EVOSTICK lol

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2013, 01:07:28 AM »
You talk of silverware - he's won feck all worth giving a toss about and shame on mr.newton for appointing such a person. First time I've ever been critical of our great chairman but this might well be a massive mistake on his part for employing such a con artist of a manager. Boy what's happened to our beloved football club, god help us next season.

Totally agree. Newton can do no wrong fopr the massive contribution he has made to this club. but he should probably hold his hands up and say Drury isnt working out. He could of... he had all the talk.... but not delivering
Time to admit it and get the right man in

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2013, 01:11:21 AM »
Mr ArgieH.

I refer to Jason by his first name as I have respect for what he has achieved in his professional career. I refer to the other one as Mr Dreary, as he has achieved nothing other to alienate me by gobbing off about players he knew nothing about one day and everything the next. We can all dream of what we will do next season, that is the cry of losers, achievers shout about what they are doing now.

I feel I have earned the right to be critical, after 39 continuous years with a season ticket. Will I buy one next year, yes of course I will, will Mr Dreary be there, I sincerely hope not.

Love that

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2013, 12:46:59 PM »
On Saturday, we were unlucky.  Created anough chances to have won most games, although as we didn't take them you have to say we weren't quite good enough on the day. 
Both teams had spells where they dominated, but the good chances I remember - Milnes had two great chances in first half (one over the bar, one wide when he really should have scored), SWD also had a couple of sights of goal in the first half and in form he would have scored one of them, Nathan missed with a free header just before they scored, then with another one towards the end, Newsh had the disallowed goal (couldn't tell if offside or not from behind the goal) and the header when the keeper made a great save + Mayo should have buried the rebound but hit it straight at keeper, Foster's volley (another great save).  Even without the disallowed goal, we could easily have had 6. 
Admittedly they could have had a few as well, as our full backs looked especially vulnerable, but they only got one.  2-3 years ago we found ways to win these games, now we don't.
Our football now is much better than at the start of the season - how many games then did we see when we were wondering where the next shot was going to come from, never mind the next goal?  We were dire in several games then.  The last couple of games I thought we played pretty well - not world-beating but at least good to watch, and occasionally playing some very good stuff (only in patches but it's a start).
There's no doubt we need a couple of wins, but I think the new players have improved the team overall.  Only concern is still the defence - I was worried about our lack of experience at the back but with Silk and Jells leaving we've now got even less!  Lister and Watt look solid though and Marshall is our most improved player this season, so still room for cautious optimism. 
I'm not a Drury apologist - jury still out on Drury as far as I am concerned, because we've not seen improvement in results yet for all the improvement I think there has been in the team (but also because we've not seen the impact of his head coach yet - does anyone know how Paul Holden is doing and when/if he is likely to be back to coaching?)
A result tonight at Harrogate (minus Alan White) would help! 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2013, 12:58:28 PM »
I think Paul has been back coaching 2/3 weeks .