Author Topic: Does Housham........  (Read 15342 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Does Housham........
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2013, 10:29:59 PM »
Anybody know if Peter Swann has any intention of developing or selling the ground to a third party once he gets ownership of it and GT has their shiny new ground? Also, do GT get any of the profits of any such development, as Northolme must be worth a few bob...?!  :-[

Sadly you do not know the answers until it is too late argieh .

I believe from what i read that when he buys it they was going to improve it and give the ground to Gainsborough Trinity Fc. Or to narrow it down buy it then donate it

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »
Anybody know if Peter Swann has any intention of developing or selling the ground to a third party once he gets ownership of it and GT has their shiny new ground? Also, do GT get any of the profits of any such development, as Northolme must be worth a few bob...?!  :-[

Sadly you do not know the answers until it is too late argieh .

I believe from what i read that when he buys it they was going to improve it and give the ground to Gainsborough Trinity Fc. Or to narrow it down buy it then donate it

Thought I read somewhere that he was in talks with the local council about building a football/sports complex in the grounds of the local secondary school and transferring the football club there? This would leave Northolme free for potential development, or is this idea now shelved?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 12:26:08 AM »
think it all went tits up, dont know why

Stanrat

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 08:28:24 AM »

As with all "good" local councils they were putting obstacles in the way. Everytime Peter found an answer to one they found something else they wanted him to pay for. In the end his health deteriated and he was unwilling to keep fighting the council.

He now wants to buy the northolme and has promised to invest 1million on redevelopment. He has also stated he is willing to sign any clause preventing him from selling the round from under the football clubs feet.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »

As with all "good" local councils they were putting obstacles in the way. Everytime Peter found an answer to one they found something else they wanted him to pay for. In the end his health deteriated and he was unwilling to keep fighting the council.

He now wants to buy the northolme and has promised to invest 1million on redevelopment. He has also stated he is willing to sign any clause preventing him from selling the round from under the football clubs feet.

Same excuse as Sotnic and co used at Boston .  Councils don,t put "obstacles " in the way , they just make developers adhere to building regulations and make sure a development does not adversly effect the surounding area .
Some football club owners seem to think they should be exempt trom normal rules .

According to the press Mr Swan never submitted a planning application .

Stanrat

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 01:34:26 PM »
I think the council were using regulations to try and force swanny to pay for things they didnt have the funding for, things that should have been done years ago.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 01:42:14 PM »
Do you know what any of them was stanrat?

As i know as part of planning approval most councils do want things in return such as a small contribution to there own projects or other works that need to be done. It seems to be the norm now and to a point a agree with it unless its asking stupied amounts of money.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 01:56:29 PM »
A council cannot by law make you pay or do anything that's outside building AMD traffic regulations. If you think you have a case you can go over there heads

Stanrat

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »
To be honest I think with Peters health issues the best way forward now would be for him to buy and renovate the Northolme.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »
These are parts of the amended acts (march 2012)

I copied and pasted parts of them due to it been 22 pages long.

While it is expected that the planning authority should ensure that developers make an appropriate contribution towards the costs of public infrastructure and facilities, the local authority should take care to avoid development
                    2.   Special Development Contributions
A special development contribution may be imposed under section 48 where exceptional costs not covered by the general contribution scheme are incurred by a local authority in the provision of a specific public infrastructure or facility. The particular works should be specified in the condition.  Only developments that will benefit from the public infrastructure or facility in question should be liable to pay the levy.
                   4. Enforcing Development Contribution Conditions
Where developers fail to pay development contributions in accordance with the conditions of their permission, the burden of funding public infrastructure and facilities falls more heavily on those who do comply.  In the interests of ensuring a fair development contribution system, authorities should put in place mechanisms to ensure that contributions are paid as required.   
...................................................................................................

The following is a list of what the councils can levy for (changes for each area but this is for lincolnshire)

Affordable Housing Provision/Contributions
Transport Contributions
Waste Management and Recycling Contributions
Flood Risk Management Contributions
Open Space, Sport and Recreational Provision/Contributions
Public Realm and Community Contributions
Healthcare Contributions
Community Facility Contributions
Education Contributions
Library Contributions
Adult Social Care and Day-Care Provisions for Adults.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 03:15:20 PM »
Thanks bostonshire that's cleared that up