Author Topic: Does Housham........  (Read 15338 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Does Housham........
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 03:10:30 PM »
I would of thought the supporters trust should have some sort of a nice little cash chest with taking the refreshments,ground rent and the blues bar.
These are there to prectect the long term of the club and whiles mr swann is allowing trinity to enjoy its best years one day this will stop(That aint a dig or owt just money will always end). at this time i thought the set up of the trust was to take over and them already owning the ground would place you in a better posistion than Swann owning it.

Just a opinion

Stanrat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »
Bostonshire,

You mistake the supporters club with a supporters trust.

The supporters club was originally set up to raise money for the football club at a time when the football club were struggling financially. It was agreed at a later date that the supporters club should buy the ground as they were in a better long term position.

They are merely a members club and as with many of that ilk are currently struggling to turn a profit in the current climate. They are also not in a position to support the club financially. All money made by the supporters club on matchdays goes directly into paying their running costs and not those of the football club. This is why Peter Swann is trying to buy the ground for the football club.

There is no mandate in the supporters club that states they must pay x% of profit to the football club or even one that states they need to support the football club in any way.

Its what is known as a f***ing mess.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
I get ya my mistake i had got the trust and supporters club on the same level

sorry bout that

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 04:43:52 PM »
Bigger question is. Why do we care about trinity or there ground or who owns it

Stanrat

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 04:49:56 PM »
Because Big M some of your fellow supporters have more than 1 brain cell and are able to engage in sensible conversation

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »
Personal insults thats a real sign of intelligence. I have not been personal toward you. So if your going to be nasty please go back to your own forum

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 04:57:38 PM »
Did Trinity really only attract 1200 fans today? Seriously??

They really are shit, aren't they?
"1,193 home/neutral/away in home areas and 844 away"

Minus 844 away fans = ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 04:59:52 PM »
Whiles i support Boston i also support football in lincolnshire as a whole. Yes they are a rival which i hope Boston win everytime they play but as a club i wish them long term stability as i do every other club up and down the country and engaging with fans on there team,club etc is all part of that.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 05:03:11 PM »
It was a good effort steelihat. Although I respect your opinion bostonshire I don't totally agree. On here I wanna talk about what Boston's doing. Not bothered about Gainsborough they have there own forum it's not my fault if there is nobody on it to talk to

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »
Did Trinity really only attract 1200 fans today? Seriously??

They really are shit, aren't they?
"1,193 home/neutral/away in home areas and 844 away"

Minus 844 away fans = ?
Wrexham site has attendance of 2037, with 844 away...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2013, 05:17:19 PM »
It was a good effort steelihat. Although I respect your opinion bostonshire I don't totally agree. On here I wanna talk about what Boston's doing. Not bothered about Gainsborough they have there own forum it's not my fault if there is nobody on it to talk to

What is the title of this thread?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »
Bostonshire,

You mistake the supporters club with a supporters trust.

The supporters club was originally set up to raise money for the football club at a time when the football club were struggling financially. It was agreed at a later date that the supporters club should buy the ground as they were in a better long term position.

They are merely a members club and as with many of that ilk are currently struggling to turn a profit in the current climate. They are also not in a position to support the club financially. All money made by the supporters club on matchdays goes directly into paying their running costs and not those of the football club. This is why Peter Swann is trying to buy the ground for the football club.

There is no mandate in the supporters club that states they must pay x% of profit to the football club or even one that states they need to support the football club in any way.

Its what is known as a f***ing mess.

To be fair if they provide you with a ground for 10k a year thats not bad support .   Who pays rates ,ground maintainace etc ?
Shame to lose the ground to private ownership if it can be avoided .

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2013, 06:53:23 PM »

What is the title of this thread?

It was n40s poking fun at your boss. It has no mention of grounds or attendance.

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
Anybody know if Peter Swann has any intention of developing or selling the ground to a third party once he gets ownership of it and GT has their shiny new ground? Also, do GT get any of the profits of any such development, as Northolme must be worth a few bob...?!  :-[   

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »
Anybody know if Peter Swann has any intention of developing or selling the ground to a third party once he gets ownership of it and GT has their shiny new ground? Also, do GT get any of the profits of any such development, as Northolme must be worth a few bob...?!  :-[

Sadly you do not know the answers until it is too late argieh .