Author Topic: Good Crowd  (Read 8800 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Good Crowd
« on: February 17, 2013, 08:48:04 AM »
Just listened to the ginner ( Mr Drury) who thought it was a good turn out yesterday, He has only turned away 200 to 300 fans. Can the club afford him???

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Good Crowd
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:57:56 AM »
Where the hell are you coming from?

The gates have actually risen since he took over, 900+ is an excellent gate, I should think the average under GD is in the mid 900's, under JL it had nose dived to almost below 900.

I just do not get this witch hunt, I thought we wanted a successful BUFC, not a divided one like under McFraud.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »
I think you are being selective with your stats, under GD the crowds are down on the average for this season before he came. Well below the previous season, how long can it continue?. He made a promise of play like a spanish side and crowds of 1600/1700 you can't believe a thing the says

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »
Spanish club side? More like one of those Ibiza bar teams you play for while on your Summer holidays!

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »
I think you are being selective with your stats, under GD the crowds are down on the average for this season before he came. Well below the previous season, how long can it continue?. He made a promise of play like a spanish side and crowds of 1600/1700 you can't believe a thing the says
Think if you have a look at attendances right through football, both league and non-league, you'll find that they've fallen. Yes there are exceptions but, in the main, clubs are finding it difficult to keep existing fans never mind attract new ones. I agree with you wholeheartedly, Chelsea, that the acid test for GD will come next season when he assembles his own squad and then the  promises he made about the type of football being played and the crowds attracted can be addressed.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »
Just listened to the ginner ( Mr Drury) who thought it was a good turn out yesterday, He has only turned away 200 to 300 fans. Can the club afford him???

What??

cant understand your remarks here....gates are down at most non league venues up and down the country,as well as at established football league gounds...also,as an example,White Hart Lane was well short of capacity for their eagerly anticipated Europa League game vs Lyon last Thursday night...

Returning to BUFC I believe that our gate vs Celtic was the highest in BSN AND BSS yesterday and also higher than some BSP games....Forest Green,third in the table attracted 1100....

Its called a recession and too much footie on tv.....I say keep going to YS and prove that we are one of the best supported non league clubs about...

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »

When did GD say these remarks....Im not saying he didnt but I cant recall them....If our crowds are down since GD arrived its perhaps because we were floundering as regards results when he arrived...a situation over which he had had no influence....

Stop criticising our great club please and be a bit more positive...Im sure everybody at the club wants success....sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards long term....

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 12:08:31 PM »
I dont get this criticism at all. Yesterday regardless of what some may say was a good crowd especially when you look at where we are in the league with little to playfor, and playing with stats and comparing them to last year as some are just to have a pop at GD is a joke

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »
If we're at the stage where we're pleased (I was pleasantly surprised) to get a 900 gate then its a sad state of affairs... We got more when we were in the drop zone of the UniBond, facing the prospect of trips to Loughborough Dynamo and Stone Dominoes

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 01:52:37 PM »
I dont get this criticism at all. Yesterday regardless of what some may say was a good crowd especially when you look at where we are in the league with little to playfor, and playing with stats and comparing them to last year as some are just to have a pop at GD is a joke
A good gate 900+ and a good game to watch for sure.
I do think under JL it would have been a lot less.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »
i didn't say 900+ was something to be pleased about that can only happen once the crowds get regulary back to four figures simply saying it was a decent crowd and up there with our seasons average

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
He made a promise of play like a spanish side and crowds of 1600/1700 you can't believe a thing the says

but did he say when he would acheive this?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »
Where the hell are you coming from?

The gates have actually risen since he took over, 900+ is an excellent gate, I should think the average under GD is in the mid 900's, under JL it had nose dived to almost below 900.

I just do not get this witch hunt, I thought we wanted a successful BUFC, not a divided one like under McFraud.

Just another drury hater jumping on the band Waggon. It's pathetic really the crowds seem ok to me maybe it's Jason Lee's passion less football that's knocked the few hundred on the head. Remember him the other manager everyone hated

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 04:02:33 PM »
Not more negativity, surely???

To have an attendance of 900 at this stage of the season with nothing to play for is a gret effort in this economic climate. If we can do well next season then I have no doubt the potential is there to have home crowds of 1500 +.

Drury said when he arrived that the potential was there to double the gate and if we are succesful then that could well be the case. He never said it would happen overnight.

Get behind this great club and then together we may succeed

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
Not more negativity, surely???

To have an attendance of 900 at this stage of the season with nothing to play for is a gret effort in this economic climate. If we can do well next season then I have no doubt the potential is there to have home crowds of 1500 +.

Drury said when he arrived that the potential was there to double the gate and if we are succesful then that could well be the case. He never said it would happen overnight.

Get behind this great club and then together we may succeed

well said....