Author Topic: Today  (Read 19185 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2013, 06:57:33 PM »
Alfreton played good football. Yes winning games is the most important thing, but I don't just wanna watch hoof ball and I dont wanna see miller. The way your talking looks like we're gonna be stuck with him.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
I totally agree we don't wanna see hoof ball I just mean we need to be able to mix it up and change styles of play if needs be. I'm not sure if he will be here but I for one hope he comes.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2013, 08:48:43 PM »
Alfreton played good football. Yes winning games is the most important thing, but I don't just wanna watch hoof ball and I dont wanna see miller. The way your talking looks like we're gonna be stuck with him.

Agree  Big M ,  on the positive side if Ricky does come,  based on previous history he will be gone again before the moaners can tell him to f*ck off.   

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »
Lol after he f*cked us about last I would also guess he'd be gone b4 he caused to much trouble. Big tall players at this level means hoof ball. If they was physical and a good footballers would be in the league and not here

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »
After a couple of days and the usual inane crap we've finally had a few decent posts on the game. For me thought we did enough to win the game. SWD missed an open goal at 0-0 and also forced a good save near the end. Newsh had the effort cleared off the line.

For me we generally are working harder and are looking much more solid as a team the longer Graham is in charge.

As I've said for a fair while Marshall is better than Silk, not sure why everyone has been sucked in by his reputation and not seen the amount of goals he's cost us by being caught out of position. To a lesser degree Jelly is the same. Couple the more solid full backs with Foster protecting the back 4 there massive holes that teams were driving through in the middle and down the channels have disappeared. The psoter who said Foster isn't what we need, not sure if he ever watched a game under Jason but that is exactly the type of player the team has needed, someone who breaks up the play.

The 2 centre backs had good games, thought Lister looked pretty good myself. The ground he made up and then the tackle to deny their striker who was clean through was immense.

Milnes progress continues, covered loads of ground and continues to get into scoring positions. His link up play with Newsh, SWD and Fairclough was great, they played some really neat football especially first half. Thought Lawlor did ok but tired.

Negatives? We seem to have swapped vulnerability down the flanks and the midfield area for set pieces. Never let this many goals from set pieces under Jason, both yesterday, first at Guiseley and both at Trinity were all from set pieces.

Last 20 minutes we seemed to have 1 tactic, hit it long for Jordan Smith to chase, up until then thought we'd played some decent stuff but that was far too simplistic, need a better plan b than that.

Bringing Foster in for Ross definitely means we lose something going forward, but the gain far outweighs this in the fact we aren't overrun in the middle.

All in all think we are going in the right direction...

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
After a couple of days and the usual inane crap we've finally had a few decent posts on the game. For me thought we did enough to win the game. SWD missed an open goal at 0-0 and also forced a good save near the end. Newsh had the effort cleared off the line.

For me we generally are working harder and are looking much more solid as a team the longer Graham is in charge.

As I've said for a fair while Marshall is better than Silk, not sure why everyone has been sucked in by his reputation and not seen the amount of goals he's cost us by being caught out of position. To a lesser degree Jelly is the same. Couple the more solid full backs with Foster protecting the back 4 there massive holes that teams were driving through in the middle and down the channels have disappeared. The psoter who said Foster isn't what we need, not sure if he ever watched a game under Jason but that is exactly the type of player the team has needed, someone who breaks up the play.

The 2 centre backs had good games, thought Lister looked pretty good myself. The ground he made up and then the tackle to deny their striker who was clean through was immense.

Milnes progress continues, covered loads of ground and continues to get into scoring positions. His link up play with Newsh, SWD and Fairclough was great, they played some really neat football especially first half. Thought Lawlor did ok but tired.

Negatives? We seem to have swapped vulnerability down the flanks and the midfield area for set pieces. Never let this many goals from set pieces under Jason, both yesterday, first at Guiseley and both at Trinity were all from set pieces.

Last 20 minutes we seemed to have 1 tactic, hit it long for Jordan Smith to chase, up until then thought we'd played some decent stuff but that was far too simplistic, need a better plan b than that.

Bringing Foster in for Ross definitely means we lose something going forward, but the gain far outweighs this in the fact we aren't overrun in the middle.

All in all think we are going in the right direction...

Have to agree with the set pieces, we look at odds everytime. I have to admit that im a little at a loss at the moment as to how to sort it as i look at every player and they all look good they seem to have the right mentality and 9 times out of ten get in the right places.