Author Topic: Today  (Read 19182 times)

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »
just to confirm I was NOT the one who shouted "f. .k off Drury" I'm sure N40 will be my witness!
No, that was the plum stood behind me - it wasn't even prompted by a bad passage of play or disagreeable substitution. Though tbf, most times a pass want awry this footballing genius informed us that whichever player responsible was f'ing crap, regardless of whatever else good they'd done during the game.

To be as vitriolic as this guy is astounds me - surely he can't enjoy coming to games. Great that he still turns up and pays his money each week, but he must hate being at home if he has to resort to something that he clearly dislikes.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 08:54:56 PM »
Negativity will get us no where as a club. The fans should get behind the club and team and realise we are in a transition period and we will reap the rewards from this transition next season. I'm pretty sure of that.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 09:06:48 PM »
Today was not terrible at all. Haystead was shocking and why on earth JL got rid of Bazza for him is beyond me. He has cost us again today and let's keep the faith next season will be much much better.

Did,nt see anything today to give me faith for next season Shauneyg , most the postings on here suggest Stainfield and Marshall where our best two players, who signed them ?
Little to give me faith when only 4 of DGs 7 signings can make the starting line-up .

Good to remind us of DH shortcomings and the fact that he was signed by JL .
Now remind us who was Bostons worst player today and who signed him .!!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 09:10:11 PM »
Negativity will get us no where as a club. The fans should get behind the club and team and realise we are in a transition period and we will reap the rewards from this transition next season. I'm pretty sure of that.

It's not the fans negativity that is costing us points, as far as I am aware they don't take any part when the ref blows his whistle. If you are talking about the negativity on here then the simple answer is tell GD and the players not to read the forum.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »
Gus - sound like you have got the arse as you are no longer with the club.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 09:31:41 PM »
Gus! Is that the gentleman who presented the man of the match award in VIP lounge? Did a very good job the few times lve been in there with the sponsorers etc!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »
I would say worst player was haystead by a mile and he was signed by JL. Mayo,lister and foster were all solid today just thought lawlor struggled slightly. As I say we are in a transition period lets all stay behind the club like true fans should do!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
Lawlor not strong enough, Mayo decent thrower, Foster no better than ive seen this season and Lister looked good against a poor side! Stainfield and Marshall both played well!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »
The fact that Dan Haystead is regarded by the Management as a reliable first choice keeper speaks volumes. Every year we get the same old "It'll be better next season, we are building a team, it takes time, etc, etc". No way should we keep on accepting this! This Club, if it had ambition, would already be back in the Conference. At the moment, we are just a Club in limbo awaiting the fateful and expected "Closure of Business". :dan
"Several excuses are always less convincing than one." Aldous Huxley

Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 10:57:53 PM »
The fact that Dan Haystead is regarded by the Management as a reliable first choice keeper speaks volumes. Every year we get the same old "It'll be better next season, we are building a team, it takes time, etc, etc". No way should we keep on accepting this! This Club, if it had ambition, would already be back in the Conference. At the moment, we are just a Club in limbo awaiting the fateful and expected "Closure of Business". :dan
"Several excuses are always less convincing than one." Aldous Huxley
Could be right with "closure of business"

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 11:32:20 PM »
I would say worst player was haystead by a mile and he was signed by JL.

Negativity will get us no where as a club.

"Play it short, Hoof it long, Keep it, Get rid of it, Everyone gets a chance, Get out on loan, Will bring something to the side, you're on the bench"
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:59 AM »
A few more pics on a Public Facebook Album. I'll hopefully add a few more tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151508391054282.546277.570994281&type=1&l=89eea8f5d1

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »
3 pages and hardly a mention of the game, why is it actually titled "today"? What I have gleaned from this thread?

We didn't win
We are having teething trouble with the new caterers
GD has let some non contract players go
We didn't win

This equates to "the club is closing down"

Talk about an over-reaction. If anyone wants to discuss the actual game please let me know...

...Oh almost forgot, all the above is Drury's fault, boo Drury.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 09:27:44 AM »
Woad you seem to forget the majority on this forum live in a perfect world it's crazy and laughable.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 09:51:08 AM »
Haystead didn't have his best game, not over confident. All of the back four had good games. First time i'd seen Mayo and Lister but they did well. We are still conceding far too many goals though. Celtic's second goal did seem a bit easy with the space he had from 25 yards out.

They managed to keep our wingers mostly out of the game preventing Lawlor, Fairclough and Smith when he came on from having a real impact. Only a couple of occasions I can recall where we got at them down the wings in 90 mins.

Two good workhorse like performances from Milnes and Foster in the middle of park, both covering a lot of ground. Thought more threatening  when Ross came on though, he was a lot more creative and we started to get balls into the front two when he came on.

Newsh and SWD had good games, got a goal each and worked hard. Newsh took his goal very well and almost got a winner - will we be able to keep him in the summer?

All in all we did ok but if we have play off aspirations we need to be beating sides like Stalybridge as as they weren't anything special.