Author Topic: Unbelievable,  (Read 6195 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Unbelievable,
« on: February 14, 2013, 09:48:07 PM »
Totally unbelievable, the extent of knowledge of the newbies posting on here in the last couple of months is astounding.  8)  They are all so forthright, up to speed  and on song with the management.   :o If I were older I'd be a lot more cynical!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Unbelievable,
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »
Never had this with Jason! But we all know JL was a pro not a village idiot manager!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
Never had this with Jason! But we all know JL was a pro not a village idiot manager!

But he didn't show passion for the job.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 10:48:32 PM »
Ouch!  :-\
Think it was the 'village idiot manager' who got promotion for Harrowby Utd, Stamford, Corby and then left Stamford on the verge of yet another promotion before joining BUFC, together with numerous trophies these clubs triumphed/were successful in, so feel that quotes a little unfair, kon. Have already admitted to being a good friend of GD, which obviously indicates my angle regarding all this, but irrespective of that his record does suggest a high degree of success. Given time, and backing, I have absolutely no doubt GD will bring the same success to BUFC as he has to all his previous clubs and propel BUFC into the Conference Prem, at the very least :) 

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »
Harrowby Utd did they reform after Graham left?

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 11:57:27 PM »
Far as I know he was the most successful manager ever in Harrowby Utd's history and they're still playing today...albeit at a lower level  :)
Really comes down to the fact that BUFC IS a big club with a large fanbase so you expect a wide range of views, whether people like what is said or not. Am not to perturbed 'cos as far as I'm concerned "if you pay your money your allowed your say" and, providing it's not abusive, if it differs from what others think then so be it.

Timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 12:10:07 AM »

Harrowby resigned from the UCL about a 2 years after Drury left and played in the Central Midlands League. The money ran out and they disappeared completely for a season and came back reformed as Grantham Rangers for 1 season before withdrawing from semi pro football (the manager leaving for Shepshed and taking the whole team with him) altogether, playing in the Grantham sunday league. Last season they successfully reapplied to join the UCl and now play Division 1.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 06:12:49 AM »
I must admit at best there is a large and even growing base of newbies who sole purpose appears to be spin everything GD does in a good light and I dont think they need to. ignoring on the flip side the equally obvious and at times paronoid hatred of him i actually think he will eventually be a decent manager  for us but my view is that we cant epect anything to happen this year a view that is obviously beingproved right  :D

i also tink its naive for anyone to question his managerial record this far as proof for him going to fail. The corby supporters i spoke to over xmas all spoke highly of him and were greatful that he didnt diasappear when thebudget was slashed and then reslashed

my concern, now and even for next season is the anmount of players who are apparently turning our approaches down. shauneyg may no why but they cant all be because of drury, many must also be turning us as a club down and even I am now questioning why it's happening so many times. Sod it we are a big club with a huge and really loyal fan base and i have to be honest the constant decline of invites to join us worry me more than the credentials or future success of drrury, which i am 'resaonably' confident will happen. I just hope this trend doesn't continue into the summer

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 09:22:26 AM »
I can speak fluent KON and will translate for everyone else:

Roughly he's saying "Boo Drury"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 11:01:33 AM »
I went to watch Harrowby United in pre-season against Newark Town, admission was free and the barbecue was awesome! They're set up has potential, with the right motivation.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 04:49:23 PM »
to be honest his past record counts for absolutely f all unless he does something here. The constant rubbish he talks to the media really winds me up. He is already talking about next season when for me the focus should really be on staying in this league. He hasnt done anything to stop us falling down the table and when teams catch up there games we could be in real trouble.   

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 04:49:52 PM »
I went to watch Harrowby United in pre-season against Newark Town, admission was free and the barbecue was awesome! They're set up has potential, with the right motivation.

dont mention freebies!!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
to be honest his past record counts for absolutely f all unless he does something here. The constant rubbish he talks to the media really winds me up. He is already talking about next season when for me the focus should really be on staying in this league. He hasnt done anything to stop us falling down the table and when teams catch up there games we could be in real trouble.
Agree!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »

dont mention freebies!!!
Everybody got in for free!! Even got to see 2 games as the respective reserve teams played each other beforehand!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 05:56:07 PM »
Totally unbelievable, the extent of knowledge of the newbies posting on here in the last couple of months is astounding.  8)  They are all so forthright, up to speed  and on song with the management.   :o If I were older I'd be a lot more cynical!  8)

I want a bricklayer ,   can one of the newbies tell me how many bricks he can lay in a day ?