Author Topic: Silk leaves  (Read 12683 times)

argieh

• View Profile
Re: Silk leaves
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 09:25:05 PM »
Oh almost forgot

Boo Drury
Piss myself every time I read that quote, WP....just class!  :)

Seenbetter

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 10:05:07 PM »
Bloody hell KoN, we have made it. We are officially Muppets. Which one would you like to be. I bags Animal, perhaps you can be Fozzy. Perhaps WP could be one, maybe one of the two old farts in the box passing holier than thow judgement on everyone else.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »
Fame at last Seeingbetter!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »
Bloody hell KoN, we have made it. We are officially Muppets. Which one would you like to be. I bags Animal, perhaps you can be Fozzy. Perhaps WP could be one, maybe one of the two old farts in the box passing holier than thow judgement on everyone else.
If the cap fits...

If you think being right is more important than the club being successful then I stand by my comment. I wasn't just talking about you 2 either, it's pretty obvious there are quite a few who value being right as the most important thing.

It's obvious KON desperately wants Drury to fail regardless of what effect it has on the club. He was the same with Ian Freeman and before that with Danny Matson. Everything that happens at the club KON is on here with his Boo Drury, everyone knows he hates him why does he have to repeat ad infinitum?

As for your comment that people will hold their hands up to being wrong, there were plenty on here anti Scott and Hurst until they started winning. Not one person held their hands up and if/when Drury is successful nobody will again.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:27 PM »
Dont foget Stones!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 10:55:04 PM »
Dont foget Stones!
Not sure we can count Stones as I don't think you waged as consistently constant campaign against him as you did the others. On a slightly related note here's a picture of you when discussing Drury:

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 11:00:29 PM »
Boo WP  ;)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 11:06:09 PM »
Boo WP  ;)
I knew I should have copyrighted the Boo Drury gag.

Seenbetter

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »
We all make Boo Boos WP.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »
Wonder if anybody fails to turn up for training tonight?

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 08:54:49 PM »
Why keep releasing contracted players?

Payoffs usually equate to ( minimum) 50% of outstanding contract, and that's if players agree           ( otherwise 100%)
Add to that the (albeit lower) wage of new signings, and there is not much of a saving on the balance sheet.
Good to get rid of disruptive/ crap/ useless players, but essentially if you give out 12 month contracts, then you are stuck with them.
Better to let them try harder towards the end of the season, to try to earn contracts elsewhere, whilst the manager is targetting new players for next seasons challenge

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »
At least nobody offered us cash for him first before his release

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »

Payoffs usually equate to ( minimum) 50% of outstanding contract, and that's if players agree           ( otherwise 100%)
Add to that the (albeit lower) wage of new signings, and there is not much of a saving on the balance sheet.
Good to get rid of disruptive/ crap/ useless players, but essentially if you give out 12 month contracts, then you are stuck with them.
Better to let them try harder towards the end of the season, to try to earn contracts elsewhere, whilst the manager is targetting new players for next seasons challenge
50% is rubbish mate do not know where you heard that. think you find most at this level cancel there contract for a couple of weeks wages.
Oh we will all be suprised but he was not on contract so would not have needed a pay off

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 09:56:48 PM »

50% is rubbish mate do not know where you heard that. think you find most at this level cancel there contract for a couple of weeks wages.
Oh we will all be suprised but he was not on contract so would not have needed a pay off

Why would they? 
No point in contract if it only takes two weeks notice. The 50% is standard terms and conditions.
Agents, and PFA still control even at this level. The following report suggests he signed a 12month deal

Boston United
In July 2012 he joined Lincoln City on trial.[6] In August he signed a one year deal with Jason Lee's Boston United.[7] Following a managerial change at the club, new United boss Graham Drury released Silk on 12 February 2013 after his university commitments had prevented him from training on thursday nights. Drury added "I need all my players to train on thursday nights". Silk played 26 times for The Pilgirms and made his final appearance against local rivals Gainsborough Trinity.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »
Maybe not turning up for training was seen as a breach of contract, so was ripped up by mutual consent?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/