Author Topic: Silk leaves  (Read 12676 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Silk leaves
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »
Ill be happy if i got summit to do on a Saturday that involves Boston united. If cutting the budget and lets be honest with our selfs you must have seen it coming with the fall in gates. If we are 14 points clear of the drop zone so we are not going down but we are not going up. So why stay on the wrong side of the budget line.
Agree lets cut wages! Do we need GD, Holden, Conditioning coach and keeping coach instead of players? I think the club needs to sort this out and spend the money on players!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 03:53:50 PM »
Ill be happy if i got summit to do on a Saturday that involves Boston united. If cutting the budget and lets be honest with our selfs you must have seen it coming with the fall in gates. If we are 14 points clear of the drop zone so we are not going down but we are not going up. So why stay on the wrong side of the budget line.
Agree lets cut wages! Do we need GD, Holden, Conditioning coach and keeping coach instead of players? I think the club needs to sort this out and spend the money on players!

Well we need a manager just not to sure on the massive backroom wage bill that we seem to be having. At this time i would hope with us been safe but not going anywhere we should start to look at giving our better youth a run out. If it they can do it then fantastic if not then we have not lossed owt. Id still like to see Ross and jelly cut. Both are good but will be on half decent wages but id like to see these replaces by hungry players I.E Foster type players

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 04:02:10 PM »
i dont think any of you will be happy with anything drury does, too many want him to go already!
This is why we are becoming the club we are, too many day dreaming fans expect us to be promoted every season, this is what canoville used to rage about, we are not the team we once was and we wont be until the fans start backing and stop moaning about everything!

WELL SAID S.P.
DRURY. HOLDEN. and WEST will sort it.
if it mean's a complete change of player's so be it.
I think some of our player's have had it to easy and need to move on.
every player next season will want to play for drury and co. they will shut the doubter's and moaner's up for sure. I for one like what i see so far.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »
Kingofnaves you really are clueless. Next season will be the time to judge the management. It's obvious the players they really want are at other clubs and would be unwilling to move at this time of the season. The squad that JL put together on contracts is so unbalanced. There has been improvements since Drury and co arrived it won't happen overnight.

Seenbetter

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
Folk on here are only voicing their personal feelings. Whatever is said will not change anything this season and we will all no doubt have to wait until next season and see how things develope. Then those who think the sun shines out of GDs bum will be be able to say 'told you so' OR the doubters in his ability will be able to say 'told you so'. The only problem with that is if the doubters are right the club will suffer but at least his two ardent fans will follow him to his next position. I do believe however that if the doubters are proved wrong they will be man/woman enough to admit it on here.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »
Kingofnaves you really are clueless. Next season will be the time to judge the management. It's obvious the players they really want are at other clubs and would be unwilling to move at this time of the season. The squad that JL put together on contracts is so unbalanced. There has been improvements since Drury and co arrived it won't happen overnight.
Clueless that sums up Drury! Roll on next season to prove me right! Players they want are at other clubs and unwilling to move then? So why clear out present players now and replace by others? Yes Shauneyg thats clueless thinking !

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »
Clueless that sums up Drury! Roll on next season to prove me right! Players they want are at other clubs and unwilling to move then? So why clear out present players now and replace by others? Yes Shauneyg thats clueless thinking !

I can see both arguements here and while shauneyg is right next season will be the natural time to make decisions and form our opinions it is hard to swallow and even fathom that in GD's opinion he obviously feels so many inherited players are simply not just good enough.

That said at one stage these same players had us on the edge of the play offs so at one time shauney they really cant have been all bad can they an you do weaken most of your arguemets when in complete contrast to KON your defence of GD and evey single thing he does does border on the ;bias beyond belief' category

But you surely have to equally accpet KON that as GD evidently dont rate many at all the current crop, which with the number hehas letgo is glaringly obvious, then your why clear out present players and replace them now comment is pretty ridiculous, he has to!

wether we agree with that or with the quality of the replacements you mention, now thats a different issue altogether but even if he werent yourchoice, first or last which is obvious as your hatred of him he is none the less the manager and as supporters until proved that hes as clueless as you obviously feel he is isn't it only fair, only proper that we all support him and all the players he brings in?

just my view by the way

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »
I liked silk as a player but cannot get to training when needed so he go's end of.
well done to drury .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 07:14:24 PM »
I really cant see where the problem is.
Like i said not going up not going down lets start the clear out of high earners and those that cant and get the budget in line or even save a bit and get it below. Get the Youth involved to see the season out.

I Want Drury to have is fair crack at it and happy to see next season but i do have my concearns in regards of the coaching team. Do we really need all of it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 07:36:23 PM »
I have doubts about Drury but we have to give him time before we pass judgement .

Why are players not contracted unwilling to move this time of the season Shauny ?

Improvements ?   Improvement is based on points won .!

Can you enlighten us Shauny on what wage Corbys highest paid player was on in GD Southern League side ?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 07:58:22 PM »
I have no idea nor do I care what Corbys players are or where paid and what relevance does that have?

I will defend the manager as much as I like. I am just stating my beliefs and sharing my views. Just seems KON is nothing but negative and moaning. He wants drury to fail that meaning the club would fail in due course. That's not what supporters should wish for, is it ?????

Yes I may come across bias but that's because i believe in what they are trying to do and share there passion. Let's see what happens when we have a new side next season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 08:13:43 PM »
I have no idea nor do I care what Corbys players are or where paid and what relevance does that have?

I will defend the manager as much as I like. I am just stating my beliefs and sharing my views. Just seems KON is nothing but negative and moaning. He wants drury to fail that meaning the club would fail in due course. That's not what supporters should wish for, is it ?????

Yes I may come across bias but that's because i believe in what they are trying to do and share there passion. Let's see what happens when we have a new side next season.

What Corby players were paid may well have a relevance shauney,  if GD had a lot bigger budget to build a SL side than hes got at Boston he may find it too big a  challange at Boston. 

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
Then those who think the sun shines out of GDs bum will be be able to say 'told you so' OR the doubters in his ability will be able to say 'told you so'. The only problem with that is if the doubters are right the club will suffer but at least his two ardent fans will follow him to his next position. I do believe however that if the doubters are proved wrong they will be man/woman enough to admit it on here.

Jesus F'ing Christ is this what this forum is all about. Being proved right and saying I told you so. What a bunch of muppets  ::)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 08:35:14 PM »
Oh almost forgot

Boo Drury

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »
We should all want success for this great football club. Yes we may have different opinions but we should all want the club to do well and progress both on and off the field. Just don't understand all the negativity surrounding things from
Certain posters.

It may well be true that drury has a much smaller budget than at his previous clubs but if he fails it certainly won't be through lack of effort or desire and I for one look forward to seeing a new side full of passion and commitment wearing the shirts next season.

I'm sure drury has his faults, some of which have been evident in the early months but I will backing him and if that other posters them so be it!

Up the pilgrims !