Author Topic: JAME's REED  (Read 6322 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
JAME's REED
« on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »
REED will be in the company of ex pilgrim's youth and res. player's CLANCY.FIELD.WILSON.MALTBY.STOCK's.PINNER.G.K.BASTOCK
he will be welcomed by all.
he will enjoy and go back a stronger and better player for sure.
WELL done DRURY and TOWN.
nice to see united and town work together.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: JAME's REED
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »
Doesn't mean that Drury will pick him when he returns!Probably end up at Spalding next

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 01:07:13 AM »
As both Playoffs and relegation seem unrealistic why arent we playing players like Reed, Saunders and Nuttel? Reedy has some experience at this level and seems to bewaiting for his chance. instead we loan in a young peterborough player i doubt is any better... why not develop one of our players rather than another clubs? Strange Short-term thinking in my eyes. Hopefully when (if) James Reed comes back he will play.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 07:45:36 AM »
Good post Frankieboy.

Spot on!!!

The situation is getting a bit like the revolving door that E***s used.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:49:22 AM by Gus »

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »
Gus this idiot is a poor mans version of E***s (not as fat) is the only difference

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 09:04:41 AM »
Gus this idiot is a poor mans version of E***s (not as fat) is the only difference
But some fools we believe him like they did with E...s!

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 09:15:51 AM »
Relegation is extremely unlikely because there are 3 teams  well adrift at the moment. However with the number of games we have played and some tough matches still to play we are likely to be nearer 19th than 9th.

That to me would be a pathetic season. I am concerned about the manager, I am still trying to support him and of course next season will be the real judge. Its just that at the moment I see little real improvement from the start of the season, and bringing in lower league players may unearth some good ones, but also quite a lot that are no better than we already had.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:18:15 AM by dt woodhall »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
.. why not develop one of our players rather than another clubs? Strange Short-term thinking in my eyes. Hopefully when (if) James Reed comes back he will play.

WRONG.
REED need's game's end of.
maybe he wont come back if he find's ucl leage his comfort zone.it's still better than youth football.
I would think DRURY as given reed a chance to go and prove himself.(something jason lee never did)
IT his a well nown fact young player's drop down a leage or two.(ie.peter.to bost.)all part of development.
Boston to B/town why not for any of our young player's is a good move.
CAN only be good for local lad's football
TO the small minded people,not like evan's DRURY will do well without you.
AND without big money cus there is no more and he know's it. ;) ;)

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
i agree he needs games but UCL is a big drop. I was just pointing out he should be playing for us IMO.
and bringing in another teams youngster rather than play ours is odd

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »
A Lot depends on the loan deals set up.
Maybe Boston town are paying Reeds wages( Reed as been told his long term is at Boston United)
And maybe Peterborough are paying most if not all of Danials wage.

Makes sence TBH. Boston need to cut the bill but long term don't want to lose reed so let other teams pay our players wages for us.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
The other thing with Reed is that I understand he is in his final year at school. I've no idea (and realise there are some on here who may well know) but he is looking to go to University in September?

If so, unless its one that's pretty close, he might not be playing for us next season anyway, but instead some club local to where he ends up.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 06:45:32 PM »
He told me he is going to Loughborough, so not too bad.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 02:21:00 AM »
i am very good friends with james and he has told me he isnt happy about going to Boston town because he believes he can play at a lot higher level than that! Also he just doesnt think he is getting a chance at boston

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »
.. why not develop one of our players rather than another clubs? Strange Short-term thinking in my eyes. Hopefully when (if) James Reed comes back he will play.

WRONG.
REED need's game's end of.
maybe he wont come back if he find's ucl leage his comfort zone.it's still better than youth football.
I would think DRURY as given reed a chance to go and prove himself.(something jason lee never did)
IT his a well nown fact young player's drop down a leage or two.(ie.peter.to bost.)all part of development.
Boston to B/town why not for any of our young player's is a good move.
CAN only be good for local lad's football
TO the small minded people,not like evan's DRURY will do well without you.
AND without big money cus there is no more and he know's it. ;) ;)

Sorry not having that at all. Its a well known fact my aunties arse. If a player is good enough he wont go anywhere. I accpet they can gain more experience of mens football playing anywhere as opposed to not playing full stop, but if the experience is in the ucl the player will still at some stage still have to make that huge leap back up to CN level where a manager knowing he hasn't got the experience of playing there will normally then not pick up, I thibk they cvcall it expeienvce, and I cant really see how he will benefit at all not with the obvious alternative straing him the the eyes.

if there club ghas any confidence in the lad at all, surely with only pride realisitically to play for for the last 15 games his development and more importantly for us his possible suitability to play for us in the CN, can be found out by putting him some of these remaining games to see if he will sink or swim

....and why do you keep bringing evans into things if you wish to push the claims of you master best keep his name out of any post ;)

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 07:55:53 AM »
As both Playoffs and relegation seem unrealistic why arent we playing players like Reed, Saunders and Nuttel? Reedy has some experience at this level and seems to bewaiting for his chance. instead we loan in a young peterborough player i doubt is any better... why not develop one of our players rather than another clubs? Strange Short-term thinking in my eyes. Hopefully when (if) James Reed comes back he will play.

Reed & Saunders should be involved with our first team week in week out at this stage of the season, Their's reasons why Nuttel's development should be taken a little slower but in time he should be involved to.

This is a big kick in the teeth for everybody involved with our Centre of Excellence and youth/reserve set up. What are we all working for, Boston Uniteds future or Boston Towns future ffs.

Not wanting to judge to soon but I'm thinking this Drury guy is clueless and could be David Newtons first real big mistake.