Author Topic: So who's going?  (Read 7827 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: So who's going?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »
You'd have to thinks defender must be going out on loan, we've gone from having two recognised centre backs and three fullbacks (Ward, Stano, Jelly, Silk and Marshall) to having four centrebacks and five fullbacks (Watts & Lister, Mayo & Walker)

Unless GD sees us playing with five at the back 11 into 4 just doesn't go!

My money is on wardy leaving temporarily

Id agree with that. My money(if i had any)would go the same way

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 06:16:07 PM »
Not all players are equal in terms of salary. As it's a case of balancing the books, then surely the choice of player to release must partly depend on the player's wages. I wouldn't have thought the likes of Reed and Ward were on enough money for their wages to make that big a difference to the budget. But I don't think Silk is particularly safe. I'd imagine he's one of our higher earning defenders and yet he must be behind Marshall in the pecking order at right back and several others at centre half. Plus I gather he didn't exactly go up in Drury's estimations after the sending off at Altrincham?

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »
I would say Smith is the one that is releasesd and Reed will be sent out on loan.

well done;; ;)

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »
FC are getting some decent players down there.  Really rate young Reed and can't believe he hasn't been given more time in the first team.  I haven't watched a match anywhere since I was unceremoniously dumped by United, so think I will have a trip down Tattershall Road very soon.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 10:19:34 PM »
Not all players are equal in terms of salary. As it's a case of balancing the books, then surely the choice of player to release must partly depend on the player's wages. I wouldn't have thought the likes of Reed and Ward were on enough money for their wages to make that big a difference to the budget. But I don't think Silk is particularly safe. I'd imagine he's one of our higher earning defenders and yet he must be behind Marshall in the pecking order at right back and several others at centre half. Plus I gather he didn't exactly go up in Drury's estimations after the sending off at Altrincham?

I know what these 2 get and i will have to agree with you on this. so has you say there must be others who aint safe

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »
Think Wardy will probably be the one to go out on Loan. After Lister replacing Watt on Saturday I get the impression Wardy is out of favour...

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 11:19:44 AM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »
Silk cut.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »
If you have a spare centre half we might need one on loan until the end of the season. At this time last week we had 4 (plus another who is on a season's loan at Buxton), however, on Friday night/Saturday morning we sent Adie Hawes on loan to Grantham for the rest of the season (not sure if there is a recall clause), then in the first minute of Saturday's game we lost another centre half with a bad knee injury that looked like would keep him out for the season.

Therefore, we are down to two, one of which is Kern Miller (who has played well for us, apart from a very dodgy January when our form was very poor). As a result our manager may now be looking for a centre half on loan as cover?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 02:39:40 PM »
Uni course on a Thursday night! Hope Mayo is not on duty on a Thursday night !!!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 05:40:19 PM »
The one thing that has always stood out with revolving door management is that the true cost in pay-offs and deals is never truly known to an outsider.

It'll eat up our budget if all these players are getting a cut of what they would have earned.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »
Gus what happened to you ? Dumped ??

DL

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 08:26:34 PM »
The one thing that has always stood out with revolving door management is that the true cost in pay-offs and deals is never truly known to an outsider.

It'll eat up our budget if all these players are getting a cut of what they would have earned.

Only if he was under contract that would be a concearn

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 08:32:37 PM »
Silk cut.

We've still got plenty of players.