Author Topic: Stalybridge  (Read 6734 times)

argieh

• View Profile
Stalybridge
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:26:37 PM »
Would say the up-and-coming match with Stalybridge is probably one of the most important games of the season with the winner almost certain to remain in the division. Having played more games than several teams around us, and considerably more than Gloucester, Workington and B/Stortford, this one is certainly going to be one hell of a test for the players, and the manager, and will certainly show us their mettle...and that's notwithstanding the fact that some of these teams will have played another game before next weekend to possibly heap even more pressure on!

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
Re: Stalybridge
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »
Great time to play stalybridge having only managed one draw in the last 5 games. Surely we can beat these on very poor form. Hopefully 3 points and a few goals will cheer us all up a bit. Up the Pilgrims!!!! :D

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »
Great time to play stalybridge having only managed one draw in the last 5 games. Surely we can beat these on very poor form. Hopefully 3 points and a few goals will cheer us all up a bit. Up the Pilgrims!!!! :D

The trouble is, I would imagine they will be thinking exactly the same!  We are in a pretty poor run of form ourselves, lets hope we grab a much needed win and can build on the last couple of games and go on a little run.  It would be nice to put some breathing space between us and the relegation zone, however bad those sides are.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 10:18:30 AM »
Since we beat Gainsborough at York St, the last 15 games under 3 different managers have yielded the following:

P 15
W 3
D 4
L 8

Giving us a grand total of 13 PTS from that sequence.

The last two performances have given some hope so lets hope we can turn things around.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:50:30 PM »
Since we beat Gainsborough at York St, the last 15 games under 3 different managers have yielded the following:

P 15
W 3
D 4
L 8

Thats relegation form ,   thank goodness Lee got points on the board early season .

The last two performances have given some hope so lets hope we can turn things around.

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »
Feel that the Stalybridge match is crucial, not just for the points but also to start building some momentum for our assault on promotion next season. Realistically speaking, this season is over as far as promotion is concerned but it is vitally important not to cut the budget, play untested Reserve players, etc and potentially run the real risk of poor results fuelling disenchantment and dejection among fans. Spending every penny that has been allocated, getting the best players you can possibly attract, fighting to very last tackle of the very last game and showing the fans that you really do mean business, and in the process give them hope for next season, is an absolute must!  :)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 09:39:46 PM »
Feel that the Stalybridge match is crucial, not just for the points but also to start building some momentum for our assault on promotion next season. Realistically speaking, this season is over as far as promotion is concerned but it is vitally important not to cut the budget, play untested Reserve players, etc and potentially run the real risk of poor results fuelling disenchantment and dejection among fans. Spending every penny that has been allocated, getting the best players you can possibly attract, fighting to very last tackle of the very last game and showing the fans that you really do mean business, and in the process give them hope for next season, is an absolute must!  :)

Well done aarreeiigghhgh, you are fabulous. Tell me, which agency do you work through? I have a company in need of motivational speakers! The real bonus is, you are not transparent, we can fool them all !! ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:24 PM »

Welcome aboard FB. Nice post  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 10:20:41 PM »

Well done aarreeiigghhgh, you are fabulous. Tell me, which agency do you work through? I have a company in need of motivational speakers! The real bonus is, you are not transparent, we can fool them all !! ;)
Very kind of you to say so, MLF.....always try to stay positive  ;)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 06:49:14 AM »

I think the wink was a bit of a giveaway Mr A

Can i ask you if you really believe all that you wrote? Any disenchantment that may be abvout now or in the run in to the end of the  season will soon disappear if we sign some exciting and hungry players who then shine in a great pre season which personally am looking forward more to that than the rest of this season and if your logic is correct if we do get beat against stalybridge with no cut in budgets playing the strongest team with none of our reserves etc wouldn't it leave us with no where to go and no excuses to offer?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 09:28:43 AM »

P 15
W 3
D 4
L 8

Add to this no away wins in 7 since winning away at Staly in October. Performances have improved but we need to start translating these improvements into wins. Last season 49 points was needed to avoid relegation which would see us needing 5 wins from 14 (or a combination of wins and draws). Whilst that many points may not be needed this season I think it's vital we get some more wins especially in the next few games to keep relegation at bay.

Whilst the bottom 3 are a fair way behind the rest aren't, if Colwyn's results pick up the rest don't need a lot of points to put us in trouble. Think we need a minimum of 8 points from the next 5 games.

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 01:04:34 PM »

I think the wink was a bit of a giveaway Mr A

Can i ask you if you really believe all that you wrote? Any disenchantment that may be abvout now or in the run in to the end of the  season will soon disappear if we sign some exciting and hungry players who then shine in a great pre season which personally am looking forward more to that than the rest of this season and if your logic is correct if we do get beat against stalybridge with no cut in budgets playing the strongest team with none of our reserves etc wouldn't it leave us with no where to go and no excuses to offer?
Certainly do, BG  :)
Even though we aren't realistically in the promotion hunt and are also relatively safe from the relegation zone, personally speaking, it would catastrophic to let the season fizzle out by cutting the budget and playing potentially 'weaker' players in an effort to save money. Yes I want to see both entertainment and flair on show, but above everything I want to attend matches in the knowledge that the team on the pitch has more than a good chance of beating any other team in the league, and also a few an awful lot higher up. Obviously GD has inherited a side that I doubt he can make any major changes with but, as his history suggests, he has an uncanny knack of bringing in players fom much higher up the leagues who have proven 'winning' ability so it's really pre-season and next season that will determine his legacy  :) 

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
Higher up the leagues? Will he bring Conference players and football league.Cant see that every happening!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »

P 15
W 3
D 4
L 8

Add to this no away wins in 7 since winning away at Staly in October. Performances have improved but we need to start translating these improvements into wins. Last season 49 points was needed to avoid relegation which would see us needing 5 wins from 14 (or a combination of wins and draws). Whilst that many points may not be needed this season I think it's vital we get some more wins especially in the next few games to keep relegation at bay.

Whilst the bottom 3 are a fair way behind the rest aren't, if Colwyn's results pick up the rest don't need a lot of points to put us in trouble. Think we need a minimum of 8 points from the next 5 games.

I think we are safe WP ,   feel certain the AGM cup will come in to play this season !

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 08:03:05 PM »
Higher up the leagues? Will he bring Conference players and football league.Cant see that every happening!

Nor can I, they cost a lot of money - money we don't have.