Author Topic: our managers  (Read 22090 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: our managers
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 07:06:28 PM »
Im only talking from experience that having delt with, well to put it bluntly leaving a past employee in the cold were i should have really just had the politness to tell him he wasnt what i needed, later we payed the price for this as we tried to get staff that turned away and highlighted the incident they were told about as to why they had no intrest in comming to our company. althou football and the work i was doing at the time is totelly different people do talk and like in this case it turned out to be a small world.

Anyway that was my point and as said some agree some dont and some have not had the role of been in charge to understand were i was comming from.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »
Camm's opinion: "I was not bothered about staying at King's Lynn but then the new manager got the job last week and apparently the lads were told to get his number and give him a call to see if they were in his plans. He should have been ringing the players."

From http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/football/boston_united/news/displayarticle.php?ID=7327
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »
Camm's opinion: "I was not bothered about staying at King's Lynn but then the new manager got the job last week and apparently the lads were told to get his number and give him a call to see if they were in his plans. He should have been ringing the players."

From http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/football/boston_united/news/displayarticle.php?ID=7327

See there is a slightly difference to this as the players were told to get his number and give him a bell in regards to there plans, so were i agree it should have been the other way round in this case the players were told what was expected of them. In the bostons case they were told that s/r would contact them in due time to inform them of there dissision in wich it wasnt done, and as i day from speaking from experience in staff market to many people know to many people to leave just one bad taist out there

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »
 Without starting a new thread . . it would be interesting to know
   1..When Pre-season training is due to start ..and
         2 ..How many senior players are expected to be signed up at that time.
                fT

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 07:08:36 PM »
Pre-season starts on 30th June in the evening.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »
i think there will be 7 or 8 on board by then and a few that look good but they need to see that will be here for trials

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
 Just a thought .but could our twin mgrs be disagreeing over who to sign..?
  Dont see both of them on fotos with  recent signings..

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »
Wouldn't read too much into it, surely it is just who is in on the day they sign?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »
They have been on family holidays apparently

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 02:01:55 PM »
 Maybe ..they won't sign too many players before training starts..
  Then invite about 20 unattached players to Cranwell for a thorough going over..

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »
Differing management styles ...... never going to agree on that.

Different players will sign for clubs for different reasons, doubt the current management style will affect the signing or not of players. Their reputation from their previous club will have much more bearing I'd have thought.

Oh and the cash on offer !  ::)
4 of last years squad have allready signed for clubs in a league higher than we are.room for thought mabey ?????
"till saturday comes"

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 11:48:24 PM »
Differing management styles ...... never going to agree on that.

Different players will sign for clubs for different reasons, doubt the current management style will affect the signing or not of players. Their reputation from their previous club will have much more bearing I'd have thought.

Oh and the cash on offer !  ::)
4 of last years squad have allready signed for clubs in a league higher than we are.room for thought mabey ?????
i know what you meen,   i dont see how bloomer can play like shit all year and then get the reward of going a league higher!

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 10:51:21 AM »
i know what you meen,   i dont see how bloomer can play like shit all year and then get the reward of going a league higher!

It's called life and it's a bitch aint it !

Bartmac

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »
Be interesting to see how long some of the clubs higher up use our ex-players for, once they find out how useless they are they'll soon replace them.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 10:43:44 AM »
ye keep a eye on them to see just how "USELESS" they are !!!!
"till saturday comes"