Author Topic: our managers  (Read 21692 times)

bb1

our managers
« on: June 06, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »
Just read thread titled awfully quiet on  here.Why is the new managers being slagged off.I watched an interview on sky news with Steve Bruce he said that he wasn't the most gifted of player but got there by hard work and was looking for the same from his players.Ummm where have i heard that before?.Oh yes from H/S when they first came here to BUFC.They also promised attacking football not the long ball crap.They haven't been given a chance.There is an old saying evevthing comes to them that wait .The first signing i am imformed is a good player and a Lynn fans favourite so for me they can take all the time they want.Stop the negative comments and give them some credit for the sense they obviously have about football.As for the writers that think they did'nt inform last years shower of s--t that they were being released there was a lot of deceipt going on in my opinion.I recall several players supposedly injured swanning around at matches,when the likes of Griffiths Beck Milly were keeping the team up. Good riddance to them.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: our managers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »
BB1, That would be me and yes as far as im concearn i agree with you that yes its good riddence to old rubish and that choice im 100% behind that. All i was pointing out that from been in a roll as manager before(not in football) I do know that dispite any bad blood its still always good to just pick a phone up or send a letter just to be polite saying that after a reveiw of current finance/performances the club as decided not to offer a renewel. Before people start to slate me for this comment the only reason i picked up on this was becouse r/s had told the fans at there revealing that each player would be spoken to regardless of been offered or not offered a new contract,

I know from experience that employess do talk to each other regardless of were they all work and from past experience this can have a knock on affect to others you may wish to approach.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 03:35:06 PM »
Just read thread titled awfully quiet on  here.Why is the new managers being slagged off.I watched an interview on sky news with Steve Bruce he said that he wasn't the most gifted of player but got there by hard work and was looking for the same from his players.Ummm where have i heard that before?.Oh yes from H/S when they first came here to BUFC.They also promised attacking football not the long ball crap.They haven't been given a chance.There is an old saying evevthing comes to them that wait .The first signing i am imformed is a good player and a Lynn fans favourite so for me they can take all the time they want.Stop the negative comments and give them some credit for the sense they obviously have about football.As for the writers that think they did'nt inform last years shower of s--t that they were being released there was a lot of deceipt going on in my opinion.I recall several players supposedly injured swanning around at matches,when the likes of Griffiths Beck Milly were keeping the team up. Good riddance to them.

Bugger me I always thought this was a disscusion board were individuals could say what they liked (without of course being libelous). If you don't agree with them fair enough but please don't ask us to stop posting anything that you don't agree with. By the way the first signing does look a good one let's hope for more of the same. :)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

bb1

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
Of coarse everone has a point of view variety is the spice of life. My point is that the writers on this board summise to much and  go on rumours.often to quick to jump on the back of the people in charge.We should let the season start before getting disgruntled and remember where we were this time in the recent past . Maybe a little boredom has set in and this forum will be buzzing when the season starts.I hope its all about us winning.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 04:01:58 PM »
I think the point Bostonshire is trying to make here.

Isn't the fact that the players who let us down last year deserved some type of communication from the club before it being announced on a website.

Rather

What picture does it paint to a player that is approached by the club? Will that Player get the same treatment? Lets not forget Football is a massive community which includes players, these players talk to each other you know. Thinks like this will have an affect on players decisions IMO!

Bostonshire. I hope that was your point.

Richie..p

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »
yer thats about right probely put a bit more in easy reading terms than i did lol

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »
The players contracts where up, it is up to them to contact the club not the other way round. This has already been discussed in detail before on the impstalk forum before it closed: http://www.impstalk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4570.15

From SoCalledUtdFan from that thread:

"I have a feeling the use of the word "released" in the context of this subject is just a technical term and the thing which is actually being "released" is their registration.  Irrespective of whether a player is on contract or not doesn't a particular club at any time hold their registration? 

Also, in most walks of life, if your temporary/short term/whatever contract comes to a natural end, the onus is on the employee (i.e. in this case the player) to make approaches/applications/expressions of interest to potential employers (in this case the football club).  If the players in question, whose contracts have expired, are too lazy to make contact with the club and express an interest in regaining employment there, then more fool them.

No disgrace.  No heads to be held in shame.  Keep up the good work Rob and Hursty."

Still Wes Parker was never going to contact the club because he had agreed a contract with Trinity already, he is just playing for sympathy with the fans here for reasons only he knows. As someone has already said Lynn have just done the same thing, released all their players without notifying them.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 10:36:53 AM »
Bugger me I always thought this was a disscusion board were individuals could say what they liked (without of course being libelous). If you don't agree with them fair enough but please don't ask us to stop posting anything that you don't agree with. By the way the first signing does look a good one let's hope for more of the same. :)

Football is an emotional subject and on message boards, in pubs and at grounds up and down the country people have heated discussions because of differing opinions. I don't think BB1 was asking you to stop posting, just giving their opinion which just happens to be different to yours. Me and Bostonshire don't agree on how the former players were treated, I don't think we'll ever agree on that subject but I respect his opinion, however that doesn't stop me telling him he's wrong!!! Just my opinion but I think you're reading far more into this than was intended.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »
The players contracts where up, it is up to them to contact the club not the other way round. This has already been discussed in detail before on the impstalk forum before it closed: http://www.impstalk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4570.15

From SoCalledUtdFan from that thread:

"I have a feeling the use of the word "released" in the context of this subject is just a technical term and the thing which is actually being "released" is their registration.  Irrespective of whether a player is on contract or not doesn't a particular club at any time hold their registration? 

Also, in most walks of life, if your temporary/short term/whatever contract comes to a natural end, the onus is on the employee (i.e. in this case the player) to make approaches/applications/expressions of interest to potential employers (in this case the football club).  If the players in question, whose contracts have expired, are too lazy to make contact with the club and express an interest in regaining employment there, then more fool them.

No disgrace.  No heads to be held in shame.  Keep up the good work Rob and Hursty."

Still Wes Parker was never going to contact the club because he had agreed a contract with Trinity already, he is just playing for sympathy with the fans here for reasons only he knows. As someone has already said Lynn have just done the same thing, released all their players without notifying them.

Think you missed the point, The point was they were alltold they would be contacted in due course by r/s and was not. the point been is that althou these players were not wanted  the football players world is a close knt thing and a lot of players no each other and talk to each other. It only takes one bad word from one player and bang goes some of the other sighnings you may have wanted

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 11:02:27 AM »
Interestingly,this same discussion is taking place on the Kings Lynn forum,and it's splitting opinion as it is here.Some on there feel players should have had the courtesy of a phone call,others say not.Amongst those who the Lynn fans feel should have been treated better are Mark Camm and Jack Defty(who is being tipped to also join us).However,Bostonshire,I am not sure your argument about players talking and therefore not signing because of this,holds water.It doesn't seem to be hurting Lynn,who signed three players on Friday,and two more yesterday(Saturday).

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 11:06:17 AM »

Football is an emotional subject and on message boards, in pubs and at grounds up and down the country people have heated discussions because of differing opinions. I don't think BB1 was asking you to stop posting, just giving their opinion which just happens to be different to yours. Me and Bostonshire don't agree on how the former players were treated, I don't think we'll ever agree on that subject but I respect his opinion, however that doesn't stop me telling him he's wrong!!! Just my opinion but I think you're reading far more into this than was intended.

I alway thought stop meant stop
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 12:03:36 PM »
Differing management styles ...... never going to agree on that.

Different players will sign for clubs for different reasons, doubt the current management style will affect the signing or not of players. Their reputation from their previous club will have much more bearing I'd have thought.

Oh and the cash on offer !  ::)

bb1

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »
This is my last post on this thread.How can we be sure that H/S didn't speak to the players ? It seems strange that of two brothers only one was ccontacted the other who had already signed for another club (according to its forum)was not.Jon Rowan was told as he put it on facebook.The writer that put its a discussion board is right and i thought thats what we have been doing .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »
I agree with bbi we don,t know for sure if they were contacted or not. Aword of consolation for any of then if they were not, if many people on here had their way most of the players would have got there P45 last November.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 05:05:21 PM »
Would n,t be against P.Hurst having a few runouts at LeftBack..