Author Topic: Gainsborough tomorrow  (Read 7825 times)

Seenbetter

Re: Gainsborough tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 11:47:30 PM »
The weather reports I saw/heared says drying up by lunchtime, bright afternoon and dry but feeling cold. I get got at when it comes to shite so all I say is have a good afternoon those of you going.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 11:56:01 PM »
The weather reports I saw/heared says drying up by lunchtime, bright afternoon and dry but feeling cold. I get got at when it comes to shite so all I say is have a good afternoon those of you going.

Doh! c;mon, I'll buy you a soup  ;) I've got a fast car that'll get you out of town quickly following the win!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Seenbetter

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 12:02:11 AM »
Thanks Lefty, much appreciated, unfortunately I love to hear all those hairy arsed Scotsmen singing Flower of Scotland. Have a good day and hope you come back happy.

northolmelad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 09:15:29 AM »
be very suprised if Boston bring more than 250 today.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 11:05:14 AM »
no but Lincoln might bring afew more now
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Monty

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 11:07:42 AM »
Hopefully will be a good game and my first chance to see Drury in action!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »

So would I but hey, given we've just been tonked 7-1, are playing like they've never met and have had an awful couple of months.  It'll still be better than 26 on Boxing day.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 12:06:58 PM »
Well we took 28 to Alty on Tues, at short notice.

So more than that, I would say between 200 and 300.

It would have actually have been a few more than 28 at Alty - I'm presuming that was the number on the supporters' coach. I came across a few who regularly travel in their cars and then there was the locally' based Pilgrims fans. Two up in the main stand, e.g. being myself (travelled straight from work in Manchester on the tram) and another based in Liverpool who'd driven there. So I'd reckon at least 40 - I was talking to an Alty supporter on the tram going back into Manchester and he was impressed by our turn-out. 'Some teams only bring a dozen or so on a Saturday' he told me.     

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 12:11:43 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm kearsley i wonder what sort of unsupported club would take that few (Gainborough). Must be some tinpot outfits about.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

So would I but hey, given we've just been tonked 7-1, are playing like they've never met and have had an awful couple of months. years. It'll still be better than 26 on Boxing day.
Corrected for you, I can't see there being more than 200 myself. Even playing well and near the top I think we'd only manage 400-500.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 01:45:59 PM »
Well we took 28 to Alty on Tues, at short notice.

So more than that, I would say between 200 and 300.

It would have actually have been a few more than 28 at Alty - I'm presuming that was the number on the supporters' coach. I came across a few who regularly travel in their cars and then there was the locally' based Pilgrims fans. Two up in the main stand, e.g. being myself (travelled straight from work in Manchester on the tram) and another based in Liverpool who'd driven there. So I'd reckon at least 40 - I was talking to an Alty supporter on the tram going back into Manchester and he was impressed by our turn-out. 'Some teams only bring a dozen or so on a Saturday' he told me.     

The boy did the train from Derby, getting home just after 1am.

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
Think 28 was the total, less than 20 on the coach and we were initially segregated and went in through the away fans turnstile.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
Think 28 was the total, less than 20 on the coach and we were initially segregated and went in through the away fans turnstile.

I wonder where the 28 figure came from then? Was this the number through the away fans turnstiles? If so, it was nearer the 40 than 28 coz I - and a few other BUFC fans - went through the Golf Road end home fans turnstiles and headed straight to the snack bar in that corner. I chatted to them for a while before going up into the main stand and they made their way to meet up with other BUFC fans near the snack bar / portakabin toilets at the away end.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 09:20:23 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/