Author Topic: Bradley Barraclough  (Read 11373 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bradley Barraclough
« on: January 31, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Boston-United-aiming-swoop-Lincoln-City-striker/story-18012238-detail/story.html

A bit of spice, after the saga of his loan spell at Trinity?

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Gainsborough-Trinity-cut-ties-Lincoln-City/story-17749700-detail/story.html

"A couple of months went by when we realised that a mistake had been made on the loan sheet and we were paying almost three times Bradley Barraclough's wages." The professionalism of Peter Swann.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bradley Barraclough
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bradley Barraclough
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
With the release of spriggs so fast makes me think the club is really going to go for this one

feelinblue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »
However, they face competition for his signature from Buxton, where Barraclough enjoyed an extremely productive loan spell last season. ;D

Thats torn it then!!!!

If, you do get Bradley's services, then you will have a good un on your hands. However, only really at his best when ball at his feet. Don't expect him to out-muscle centre backs in this league.
Very similar to SWD i'd say.

Excellent spell at Trinity, shame the Chimps wouldn't do a "sensible" deal with us :(

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »
Check the small print in any dealings with the chimps.

Good player Barraclough, don't know if he is any better than what you already have though

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 03:30:56 PM »
Check the small print in any dealings with the chimps.

Good player Barraclough, don't know if he is any better than what you already have though

3 Legged donkeys are better than what we have at the mo

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »
Several weren't 3-legged donkeys when Jason was here.

New manager??????

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
Apart from 3 or 4 games this seasons i have not seen any player apart from 2 maybe 3 that dont fall in the 3 legged donkey slot

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 07:01:20 PM »
Apart from 3 or 4 games this seasons i have not seen any player apart from 2 maybe 3 that dont fall in the 3 legged donkey slot

we have the players, i've never doubted this. what we don't have is the passion, the heads up when we go 1 down or the basic's of positioning  and team play.  i personally think we are missing 2 quality wingers this season who can not only take people on one on one, but are good at set pieces too.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »

we have the players, i've never doubted this. what we don't have is the passion, the heads up when we go 1 down or the basic's of positioning  and team play.  i personally think we are missing 2 quality wingers this season who can not only take people on one on one, but are good at set pieces too.

We have players. But not a team of players, There miles apart in how they play. We have good players but they cant play together.
You can have 11 world class players but if they are not a team of players then all 11 are deemed surplus

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 08:58:18 PM »
Several weren't 3-legged donkeys when Jason was here.

New manager??????
Yes they were. I take it you didn't watch many games under Jason's reign? Let me refresh your memory, the only team to have lost to Hinckley all season, out of the FA cup last season and trophy to lower league opposition. A 6-1 mauling at the hands of Alty, inconsistency during his entire reign. Nothing has changed.

Edit:

Where's all the lower league rubbish brigade on this signing? No comments from them I see...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 09:21:54 PM »
Has the Barraclough deal been signed and sealed ?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 09:27:42 PM »
Nope but if this had been a rumour about a player from lower leagues the boo Drury crowd would have been all over it like a rash critisizing.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »
Nope but if this had been a rumour about a player from lower leagues the boo Drury crowd would have been all over it like a rash critisizing.

To be fair WP we have always had this problem .   I recall similar comments about Dave Norris and Shaun Pearson

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 09:46:55 PM »

To be fair WP we have always had this problem .   I recall similar comments about Dave Norris and Shaun Pearson
Yep but people are up in arms about Stokes leaving, highest played before us step 5. Ditto Jones leaving, highest before Drury signed him for Corby step 5. Stansfield? Step 5. Ward Step 5. That's 1 below where Drury is recruiting from. So why aren't people calling these players lower league sh*t?