Author Topic: NO PASSION NO CLUE  (Read 11353 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
NO PASSION NO CLUE
« on: September 19, 2009, 05:16:41 PM »
Bring back Steve Welch

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: NO PASSION NO CLUE
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 05:53:15 PM »
bit of a over reaction imo

i hope some of those boos ringing around at the end of the game dont effect the players confidence ,else we may well get ourselves in a situation like last season were the team are scared of playing infront of the home crowd ,and we dont want that do we

were nowere near a poor side were still gelling , only critiscim atm of the sqaud/management is the 4-3-3 system as i said after matlock game, we need a natural outlet on the wings , so for me ditch 4-3-3 and go for a 4-4-2 as from tuesday

KEEP THE FAITH , AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM !

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »
Suggest Chelsea sticks to watching glory premiership

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »
agree with big tom definately need to try 4-4-2 at home with kennedy and cotton wide the only trouble for me is i cant see davison or suarez doing much better whatever system we play.would like to try newsham and clarke together up front at least once to see what develops.todays game was a total non event from start to finish and i think the fans have been very good up to now.parker looked the most likely to score but he kept taking all the long throws when he should have been in the box imo.its bad when pearson and parker seem the most likely to score.i wouldnt say we have no passion but no clue probably did apply today.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 07:33:32 PM »

i hope some of those boos ringing around at the end of the game dont effect the players confidence ,

What confidence?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
So you want the managers sacked despite only 1 defeat in 10.

Steve Welsh's record:

Home

5 wins
4 draws
5 defeats + 1 Trophy defeat

Away

4 wins + 1 trophy win
6 draws
5 defeats

So given that record you'd be happy for Welsh to come back? We only need 1 more away win out of 10 to equal Welsh and if we win as many as we lose at home we also equal him. Welsh is a nice guy but he didn't cut it and I'm starting to think you my friend are a bit special...

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:25:19 PM »
I dont go to the game so i cant comment on performence or anythink like that,But what i can make is a comment to say that by 3.30 i had txt of 3 people saying that it would finish 0-0 as whitby played the game with no adventure and no idea about doing anythink apart from standing 11 players around there goal frame.

Althou this is going to happen a lot and people are gonna say we need to get round them 99% of games that this is done in will end up 0-0 unless you have 30 to 40 million pound to pay on a few top class players like man u,city,chelsea etc,

As for the boo boys , GET A LIFE, if its that bad gis your season ticket and take up dominoes or summit,

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 08:51:32 PM »
I dont go to the game so i cant comment on performence or anythink like that,But what i can make is a comment to say that by 3.30 i had txt of 3 people saying that it would finish 0-0 as whitby played the game with no adventure and no idea about doing anythink apart from standing 11 players around there goal frame.

Althou this is going to happen a lot and people are gonna say we need to get round them 99% of games that this is done in will end up 0-0 unless you have 30 to 40 million pound to pay on a few top class players like man u,city,chelsea etc,

As for the boo boys , GET A LIFE, if its that bad gis your season ticket and take up dominoes or summit,

Personally I wouldn't boo before during or after a game but, if you pay for a service and  you are not satisfied you have a right to complain unfortunately at a footie game that usually means booing etc. If you go to a restaraunt and are served garbage you don't return at least most of the people who witnessed todays poor performance will probably return on Tuesday. Football is a business and as such must remain open to criticism aswell as praise.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »
Fully agree tash but theres ways of saying your bit, instead of destroying there confidence etc by booing  and hissing, you wouldnt get it in a cinama wich is a entertainment centre the same a ground its a entertainment centre.

More points can be made by just walking out the ground in silence.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 09:38:29 PM »
Fully agree tash but theres ways of saying your bit, instead of destroying there confidence etc by booing  and hissing, you wouldnt get it in a cinama wich is a entertainment centre the same a ground its a entertainment centre.

More points can be made by just walking out the ground in silence.
[/quote

The difference is you have a fair idea of what your going to see at the flicks, you never know which Boston teams going to turn up.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 10:46:46 PM »
We don't necessarily want wins - just spirited sporting entertainment - a passionate loss would rank better than a lazy draw in my humble opinion.

...actually, of course we want to win, but entertainment is almost as important. At the moment, (ignoring history), we deserve to be in the league in which we are playing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:52:16 PM by nilnil »

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 11:41:48 PM »

i hope some of those boos ringing around at the end of the game dont effect the players confidence ,

What confidence?

you know that thing players have when they have full confidence in their ability

not the feeling that everytime they get the ball people are just hoping they do something bad with it so they can have a moan and rant at them

also : what if hucknall had not got the dodgy peno ?

what if in the games against kendal/matlock if we'd not had chances cleared off the line & taken chances in general , least we've been making them

and if we had held on another few seconds at BPA in a game we truly should of won

and finally what if the ref had given given a penelty for the blatent handball in the 1st half today maybe we would of scored who knows ?

would their be half the panic there seems too be now ?  ... thought not

i honestly think if were within 6pts of play-offs at christmas we will have a serious push at promotion because as ive already said this team is gelling and yes their is tweaking here and there too do but i trust S/H too see this and make the changes needed

lay off the team i say , there was no need at all for the booing today and all the negetivity on here tonight

nothing is won or lost in september KEEP THE FAITH !
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 12:14:57 AM by Big-Tom »

pilgrimfan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 09:38:44 AM »
That's all what ifs???? Why dont everyone just realise this team isn't as good as everyone thinks and maybe not even as good as last years. And about welsh, he inherited what people say a poor squad and the two new managers have got their own players. IMO i thought welshy clearly showed passion for the club and i wished he'd been given a chance with his own players. Even "last years squad" beat these.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »
That's all what ifs???? Why dont everyone just realise this team isn't as good as everyone thinks and maybe not even as good as last years. And about welsh, he inherited what people say a poor squad and the two new managers have got their own players. IMO i thought welshy clearly showed passion for the club and i wished he'd been given a chance with his own players. Even "last years squad" beat these.
NO,no no,I can't accept that at all.We may possibly be not as good as some thought,but to say that this seasons team is not as good as last seasons,or that last seasons squad would beat this seasons is just wrong.At the moment I believe we are either playing the wrong system,or we need a couple of changes for players comfortable playing it.The one thing I,and i guess many like me wanted to see this season was a change of attitude and application from the players.We have a young team,and we need to improve at home,but one thing that is quite clear is that this team will not roll over and die like last seasons team.If you want to go back to that,then your welcolm-I'll stick with this seasons team and management.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »

How do you work that out then ???
Last years team never reached higher than 9th in the league all season. This years, so far, have never been lower than 8th (if I've got my stats. right).
Lost just one game so far.
Aren't statistics great :)
As for Steve, I think most people have great respect for him, think that he's a great bloke and superb at what he does with the Youth set-up. The fact remains that N&K had to select the best manager/managers they could to take BUFC forward. Their decision making so far seems to be exemplary and they chose H&S. I personally have seen no reason to doubt that, over this season, they have got it wrong.