Author Topic: Price reduction  (Read 7690 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Price reduction
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 08:56:20 PM »
As a renowned happy clapper I find little to clap about at the moment , early days and Drury has to be given time . BUT ....
   Hopefully he will learn to think before he speaks thus avoid himself and the club being ridiculed .
  Concern that he is turned down by players from lower leagues '
  One player leaving after 45mins playing time .
  Early days but having doubts over ability of new signings .

If he persists in signig players from 2/3 leagues lower and we achieve a mid-table position next season then he can claim to be doing a good job .

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »
Hes had time and replaced the team with lesser quality! N40 you moaned about JL contacts!
It only took Spriggs 45 minutes to see what hes come to!
Back up your statements. Name me which players that are lesser quality than those who have been replaced?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 09:11:08 PM »
Ok whos replaced Jones?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 09:13:04 PM »
Smith the 4th choice striker at Ilkeston!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »
Hes had time and replaced the team with lesser quality! N40 you moaned about JL contacts!
Back up your statements. Name me which players that are lesser quality than those who have been replaced?

Watt shows promising signs ignoring the Alty video .   Foster ?   
Smith seems unlikely to be  an improvement on Jones , could not get a place in a struggling Ilkeston team

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 09:17:32 PM »
Ok whos replaced Jones?
You said replaced, Jones wasn't released he left of his own accord. Smith was already here before Jones left so how can that be a replacement? seems like Baraclough is being lined up, any comments other than boo Drury?

And as far as Smith is concerned, he was our best player Tuesday, much better than SWD or Newsham so why don't you give the guy a break? Because it doesn't fit in with your hate campaign...

Oh and Jones was UCL with Deeping this time last year, lower league shit?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »
Personally I think Jones was driven out ! Playing him on wing was a great tactic used by Drury!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 09:26:19 PM »
Personally I think Jones was driven out ! Playing him on wing was a great tactic used by Drury!
And by Jason away at Gloucester and away at VM by Hyde, Drury's fault?

Personally I don't know what you contribute to our club, you take freebies so don't put money in, have critisized the current manager and last so don't support. All you do is stamp your feet like a spoilt kid.

You've got no balance to your views, Drury's a long way from perfect but you twist everything so it backs up your hate campaign, but it all falls apart under any sort of examination.

bb1

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »
yeah and Matt Smith couldn't get a starting place in the Redditch side who we beat 10 nil and Smalling didn't play at Maidstone did he and Hyde's manager didn't raid Curzon Ashton and win the league and this year Skelmsdale didn't beat us and Guisley so GD don't look for any gems from the lower leagues  in case you find one BOO GD

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 09:44:51 PM »

Personally I don't know what you contribute to our club, you take freebies so don't put money in, have critisized the current manager and last so don't support. All you do is stamp your feet like a spoilt kid.

You've got no balance to your views, Drury's a long way from perfect but you twist everything so it backs up your hate campaign, but it all falls apart under any sort of examination.
Ive put plenty of money into the club over 30 odd years!Did you go to any of the trust meetings ?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 09:51:37 PM »

Ive put plenty of money into the club over 30 odd years!Did you go to any of the trust meetings ?
So because you've paid in the past means you can now get in free and still moan why we can't afford the players you want. Ironic. What's me going to the trust got to do with you or any of my points (most of which you've ignored)?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 10:02:08 PM »
If I pay im entitled to moan !

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 10:06:40 PM »
So your happy with the performances Woad Farm Pilgrim?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 10:20:42 PM »
If I pay im entitled to moan !

The amount of moaning you do, you must have put one hell of a lot of money in! We should easily be competing with Man City's budget, let alone Gainsborough!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
So your happy with the performances Woad Farm Pilgrim?
No I'm not. TBH the whole season has been dreadful. We've had 1 great performance against Chester. We've had some good back to the wall wins away at Halifax and Stalybridge and thumped a couple of poor sides in Histon and Droylesden.

Apart from that we've had loads of shocking performances, even the wins have been a hard watch under both Jason and Drury. I backed Jason to the hilt but have no problem saying my judgement was wrong and he wasn't good enough as I'm now saying his team isn't.

Which is why I don't get the criticism of Drury, he isn't going to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. If this team wouldn't play consistently for their mate Jason why do people expect they'll play for anyone else? I think the players get away with playing badly and let the manager take the blame from fans, in JL's case it's his own fault because he kept them on in the summer.