Author Topic: Despite Tonight  (Read 9345 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Despite Tonight
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »
We go again on Saturday, OFF the pitch as well as on.

We turn up in numbers as when it comes to Boston United and Gainsborough Trinity there is no comparison. 

We're bigger and better than whatever goes on with regards to the money thrown at the players on the pitch.

Leave our woes at the turnstile and have a damn good sing song and party.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Despite Tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:00:02 PM »
Humiliation is the only thing that comes to mind LCB .  I certainly won,t have the bottle to step inside the Northomle on Sat .

chrs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:05:20 PM »
Humiliation is the only thing that comes to mind LCB .  I certainly won,t have the bottle to step inside the Northomle on Sat .

Call your self a supporter

very poor

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »
With only a Thursday night trying session inbetween, there is a lot to pack in!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:13:42 PM »

very poor

Yes I think I am entitled to call myself a supporter chrs ,  i,ve been going down YS on a regular basis for 65+years .  Can you beat that ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:17:02 PM »
  Where are the Jim  Smiths ..the Howard Wilkinsons ..the  Dick Bates . . .The Malc Whites  . .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 11:20:18 PM »
  Where are the Jim  Smiths ..the Howard Wilkinsons ..the  Dick Bates . . .The Malc Whites  . .

.....and the Charlie Crofts and the Jack Duthuits .

chrs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »

very poor

Yes I think I am entitled to call myself a supporter chrs ,  i,ve been going down YS on a regular basis for 65+years .  Can you beat that ?
I,ve been watching my team for over 50 years,theres been more downs than ups,never chucked the towel in like you have.

KEEP THE FAITH

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:37:10 AM »
I was there in 1963 when we came close to extinction and deserters formed the other club. I didn't lose faith then and I'm damned sure that I'm not going to now. Keep the faith! United from the cradle to the grave, and who knows, beyond.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 09:23:49 AM »
I was there in 1963 when we came close to extinction and deserters formed the other club. I didn't lose faith then and I'm damned sure that I'm not going to now. Keep the faith! United from the cradle to the grave, and who knows, beyond.

If the "deserters" hadn't formed the other club, you wouldn't be watching United now. Fact.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 10:42:24 AM »
I played for the club in 1966 when we nearly went out of business. There is no way I will not keep the faith in our great club, but it is getting very concerning. This close season is going to be vital. We must build a far better team for next season
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:52:01 AM by dt woodhall »

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »

These were good ex-league players coming down, now we seem to be going for nothing players coming up!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »

very poor

I,ve been watching my team for over 50 years,theres been more downs than ups,never chucked the towel in like you have.

KEEP THE FAITH

I,m still supporting BUFC chrs so it will be a bit before your support matches mine .
At the moment with Drurys embarrassing rantings and a poor team I do not feel inclined to travel 50miles to support Peter Swan .

chrs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »

very poor

KEEP THE FAITH

I,m still supporting BUFC chrs so it will be a bit before your support matches mine .
At the moment with Drurys embarrassing rantings and a poor team I do not feel inclined to travel 50miles to support Peter Swan .
I don't think you should blame Peter Swan for bufc problems.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »

very poor

KEEP THE FAITH

I don't think you should blame Peter Swan for bufc problems.

Took my qoute out of context chrs .  Peter Swan and his team do not need my £10 .  Better spent at YS supporting BUFC finances .