Author Topic: JAME's REED  (Read 6320 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: JAME's REED
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
Can't see the similarities between Evans and Drury myself. As I'm a bit dumb can someone explain them? The only 1 I can see is that they both left Stamford to join us...

As far as Reed is concerned, has anyone thought that Reed's position isn't on the right so comparing him with the new lad from Posh isn't really fair. If we'd played him out on the right everone would have been saying why's he being played out of position  ::)

My opinion is Reed has been involved with the first team under GD, being grought on as sub in a few games. Not looked it up but I'd say he's played as much/more under GD than JL. I like Reed and think he'll be a good player but he's still a young raw talent, which 2 out of Foster, Milnes and Ross wouldn't play to accommodate Reed at this moment in time?

I think the time to be concerned is if Reed is let go, think the situation is being handled right at the minute. Give him 6-12 months and he should be looking at becoming more of a regular first team player if he continues with his current progress.

As far as Sanders is concerned same, he was getting games off the bench but isn't quite ready, which 3 out of Newsham, SWD, Jordan Smith and Fairclough would be dropped to accommodate him? He also did himself no favours with the elbow that has got him a 3 match ban so he couldn't play for the first team at the minute anyway.

Again a raw talent but is a bit behind Reed in terms of pushing for a first team berth.

Edit: I wasn't his biggest fan most of the time he was here, but the last few month's when Jason Field started playing some first team games thought he was starting to look a real prospect, mainly due to becoming physically stronger. Personally think Jelly has been poor this season and think the decsion by JL to relaease Field was a rash one, maybe one for GD to look at at (getting Field back). Maybe ShauneyG can have a word  ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:54:09 AM by woad_pilgrim »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »
Woad pilgrim.
Just got in from a great game of golf,reed and field were spoken about in our group,apparently field is realy doing well for b/toun,he was mentioned in the boston target this week.one or two seem to think there are higher club's watching his progress.Iwill look out for him with interest.

Or do you know something more W.P   ;) ;)

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 04:42:51 PM »
a very good post by WP

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 09:03:21 PM »
Woad pilgrim.
Just got in from a great game of golf,reed and field were spoken about in our group,apparently field is realy doing well for b/toun,he was mentioned in the boston target this week.one or two seem to think there are higher club's watching his progress.Iwill look out for him with interest.

Or do you know something more W.P   ;) ;)
Nope don't have any inside info, never do and wouldn't pretend I do like some seem to on here sometimes. If I did have any info I don't think this is the place to be airing it personally either.