Author Topic: Next 6 games.  (Read 12334 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Next 6 games.
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »
I see that altrincham has been arranged for this coming Tuesday. This now means we have 5 out of the next 6 games away from home. Tough run of games will really test the squad.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Next 6 games.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:53 AM »
No I dont think so Shauneyg! Less pressure on the players.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:16:37 AM »

I haven't personally missed an away game for about five years, but I won't be at Altrincham on Tuesday night due to work commitments. Far too short notice, I'm afraid.

This rule about postponed matches having to be rearranged within so many weeks is stupid. Surely the football administrators must realise that supporters and players alike have work commitments and need sufficient notice of rearranged fixtures so that they can make plans? And surely it'd be better for all concerned to rearrange postponed matches for midweeks in March and April when the weather is better, pitches are better and travelling is so much easier?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »
I bet its off again Richard......waterlogging........

I agree, both of us have no cup commitments, surely March or April would at least guarantee better weather and allow travelling fans to make plans......?

Still, show me a football administrator who ever thought of the fans....... ???

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 11:34:13 AM »
I agree with you on that KON we seem to perform better when we play the better sides.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
I have to admit, the chances of it being on Tuesday are at best slim, they have had loadsa snow and when it melts as has been said there will be loadsa of water.that said we have to play them so tuesday in january is no worse really than a tuesday in march
i have to say though what on earth will harrogate and gloucester i think it is do? on top of any local or regional cup matches they may stil be in they have so many games to catch up on, soemthings got to give. unless the legue extend the season which is doubtful they could end up playing sat, tues, thurs, sat for the last couple of weeks. that will hurt!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 01:05:29 PM »
Very true the fact we have played so many games is not a bad thing given the recent break due to the weather. Still think play offs are out of reach this season. 

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »
Very true the fact we have played so many games is not a bad thing given the recent break due to the weather. Still think play offs are out of reach this season.

You have a lovely approach to posting Shauney. You really do want some new friends, don't you?  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 06:15:47 PM »
    SH/YG  shame on you; your mate G.D.as already brought 5 player's in including MAYO,

4 more in the pipe line; i say play off's it is.

that will make a big squad .

have you any idea's who's coming and who's going. or as G.D. fell out with you.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 07:44:52 PM »
I see that altrincham has been arranged for this coming Tuesday. This now means we have 5 out of the next 6 games away from home. Tough run of games will really test the squad.
And the next three away to teams in play-off places .   If KONS theory is right and we beat these teams in an extended run of wins will Graham have space on his mantlepiece for the Manager of the month award ?

trinityblue11

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »
And the next three away to teams in play-off places .   If KONS theory is right and we beat these teams in an extended run of wins will Graham have space on his mantlepiece for the Manager of the month award ?

Nope sorry,definitely not, only room for a scented candle i'm afraid. :P

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 10:44:07 PM »

Nope sorry,definitely not, only room for a scented candle i'm afraid. :P

Anybody who posts the word  'Nope' on a forum is spending too much time on the internet  :dan

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »
it dont really matter how many players GD brings in we are surely kidding oursleves if we thank the play offs aree an even remote possibility, we have played far too many games, compared to so mny others, but will be excited, hopefully anywayt to see these players drury brings in as it will t least show us all where we may be heading next year.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »

I haven't personally missed an away game for about five years, but I won't be at Altrincham on Tuesday night due to work commitments. Far too short notice, I'm afraid.

This rule about postponed matches having to be rearranged within so many weeks is stupid. Surely the football administrators must realise that supporters and players alike have work commitments and need sufficient notice of rearranged fixtures so that they can make plans? And surely it'd be better for all concerned to rearrange postponed matches for midweeks in March and April when the weather is better, pitches are better and travelling is so much easier?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings Richard but I was talking to an Alty fan on Facebook last night and he says unless there's a biblical deluge it'll be on, the pitch drains really well, it was the 1st waterlogging postponement in ages the other week, its usually frost/snow that does for them.

Throw a sickie...... ;)

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »
If Gateshead v Barrow ( FA Trophy) has a winner on Tuesday, then will they play Trinity on Sat 2nd?