Author Topic: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.  (Read 62622 times)

feelinblue

• View Profile
Re: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2013, 02:46:56 PM »
Some excellent points Maxross.

"If I were him I'd be concentrating more on building the infrastructure and fanbase of the club."

To be fair to PS, this is what he is trying to do, He has tried to obtain land and build a new Stadium, which was not helped in any shape or form by the local councillors/planners etc etc.

He has now made an offer to purchase the ground from the Landlords (Supporters club) and invest in their club facilities. This in an attempt to maximise Match day revenue.

Trinity have formed an U18 side and this is progressing well.
Back to an earlier point someone made, Improving the Fanbase of the club is very difficult. Lincoln Scunthorpe and Doncaster all within a 20mile radius which could be reasonable to travel to see Trinity play. But fans are "dyed in the wool" as this forum and ours will testify.
Good attractive football and the occasional Cup run will attract a few more punters, but not "real" supporters of the club.
The reality of it all is, Trinity are batting above their station and you guys are probally below yours.
If clubs like Hyde and Alfreton can acheive Conference football, then all of us have a fighting chance :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2013, 05:27:14 PM »
Why is he only looking at the ground now (recently)? Why not a few years ago? You could have been in a new ground by now...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

AlbertBroadbent

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2013, 05:55:16 PM »
Why is he only looking at the ground now (recently)? Why not a few years ago? You could have been in a new ground by now...

Swann took over in December 2008 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7797517.stm ). Announcements about potential new grounds and offers to buy the Northolme have been pretty much going on from that time; see this article from November 2009 for example
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8339170.stm

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »

Trinity have formed an U18 side and this is progressing well.

I watched their U18's not long ago,  Jesus, they sure like to eat their chickens in Gainsborough, they were huge.

I think the years of building a club up are gone,  football clubs are engrained in a community.  New football clubs just fail to get the same involvement as those that built everything up in the heady days of large attendances and supporting your local team.

On the subject of Ground grading, isn't that sort of the leagues way of stopping boom and bust chairmen who don't invest in the infastructure of the club.  It's just not done in the right way as non of the clubs can afford the stupidly large scales they put on these grades and those that invest seem to be stung for it further down the line... Darlington, Coventry, Rushden to name a few that have struggled following the megabowl dream.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
'Good attractive football'. Sorry but you have just lost all credibility

feelinblue

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »
Haha....i assume you have only seen Trinity once this season, at your place.
Didn't play particularly well on that day, and your lads deserved the win.

But as much as it hurts....the Blues are playing good attractive football IMHO. Seen some brilliant games at home & away this season and last.

Hope the home game against your lads is just as good :)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »
Haha....i assume you have only seen Trinity once this season, at your place.
Didn't play particularly well on that day, and your lads deserved the win.

But as much as it hurts....the Blues are playing good attractive football IMHO. Seen some brilliant games at home & away this season and last.

Hope the home game against your lads is just as good :)

I seen them a few times this season, althou i will say you have looked decent and played some good stuff you do have a few weaknesses in the team.

While im sure you will agree where your team is strong its very strong but where its weak its very poor,

Seenbetter

« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »
Good attractive football most of this season and last doesn't seem to count for much when u look at the table. We have played some poor ugly crap most of this season and last and yet u are only 3 points in front, admittedly u have 3 games in hand but we are not going to lose any more games this season and u are, so BOO HOO YARDY DAR.  ;) ;)

feelinblue

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »
And on that note....I will concede the argument to your superior Knowledge and wisdom ::)

Seenbetter

« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2013, 03:06:56 PM »
Der, I thought you would.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »
I worry GD sees Jordan as a readymade replacement but from what I've seen his someway off the mark

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Jordan-Smith-replace-departed-Mark-Jones-says/story-17939678-detail/story.html

Called it!  :dan  :bunny

Seenbetter

« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:14 AM »
He will certainly need to improve. He played really well on his first appearance for us but the last couple of games nothing special.