Author Topic: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.  (Read 63932 times)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2013, 08:11:29 PM »
I wonder if MJ knew that his BBC Radio Lincs interview after last week's match in which he said no amount of money would entice him away from York Street, would actually result in such a such a highly paid contract.

Money always talks until it runs out..................

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2013, 08:21:02 PM »
Thing if after the interviews last week he said he wouldn't go etc why he bother going talk to them

trinityblue11

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2013, 08:24:06 PM »
I wonder if MJ knew that his BBC Radio Lincs interview after last week's match in which he said no amount of money would entice him away from York Street, would actually result in such a such a highly paid contract.

Well you should know about that at Boston.

UTB!!

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
Few trinity fans on here now is it more interesting than your 5 man forum

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2013, 08:32:29 PM »
Sounds as though  Mark was astute and hired Bradley Barracloughs agent .

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »

UTB!!

I agree with that comment but our present Chairman is running the football club within our means, whereas PS has been throwing silly money at the Trinity, but hasn't actually achieved much more than Boston. 

Trinity are living beyond their means and when the money runs out.............

trinityblue11

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »

UTB!!

I agree with that comment but our present Chairman is running the football club within our means, whereas PS has been throwing silly money at the Trinity, but hasn't actually achieved much more than Boston. 

Your present chairman is doing a good job...I was referring to the 2 individuals who wrecked your club.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »

UTB!!

Your present chairman is doing a good job...I was referring to the 2 individuals who wrecked your club.
This is true, so why are you letting someone do the same thing at Trinity and not learning a lesson from our painful experience? Oh yeah forget it'll be the same as every club throwing cash way above their means, it's different here...

trinityblue11

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »

Mark did what the majority of footballers do and went for the best deal...don't be bitter.

You would our love a chairman like ours.

UTB!!!!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
We don't want a chairman that spends far more than the club makes that's stupid we have been there before. Your not trying to tell me that swans puts no money in

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
We don't want a chairman that spends far more than the club makes that's stupid we have been there before. Your not trying to tell me that swans puts no money in
Agreed short term success for long term pain. We've been there before and enjoyed the ride like Trinity's fans are now. Hope their club survives when it all comes crashing down.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »

Mark did what the majority of footballers do and went for the best deal...don't be bitter.

UTB!!!!
Not bitter delighted Mark has secured a great deal .
Asked on another thread what gates you require to maintain your club at BSN / BSP levels when PS leaves .
You and other blues fans have read the post and not responded .
 I take you have realised you cannot be sustainable without him.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2013, 09:05:37 PM »
Agreed short term success for long term pain. We've been there before and enjoyed the ride like Trinity's fans are now. Hope their club survives when it all comes crashing down.

tbh wo so do I to many formally good well run non league clubs have been lost on ridiculous follies that go belly up. It's only the fans that suffer long term

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »
For every player of ours they double the wage of, we get two players.  As yet it hasn't given them anymore than a splattering of points over us.  I know which club I'd prefer to support and who is getting better value out of their squad of players.

Given time we'll get it right and make our way back up the division, Time is something Trinity don't have on their side however as they only have a limited period to buy their way out.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

trinityblue11

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »

UTB!!!!
Not bitter delighted Mark has secured a great deal .
Asked on another thread what gates you require to maintain your club at BSN / BSP levels when PS leaves .
You and other blues fans have read the post and not responded .
 I take you have realised you cannot be sustainable without him.

My answer to that is..I honestly don't know...maybe we live by the sword and one day we will fall on the sword..but I don't think and hope Peter will desert the blues..but I will tell you one thing I personally would sacrifice a wembley appearance for promotion to the BSP and I think we can go one better than last season..I don't speak for all blues fans,only my opinion.