Author Topic: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.  (Read 62604 times)

The President

• View Profile
Re: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else has had the thought cross their mind that if GD had not rattled Swann's cage so vigorously the offer would have not have been so lucrative?? ??? :-\

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 03:41:30 PM »
He has obviously gone for footballing reasons - just like Jamie Yates..........................

Maybe did go for football reasons , did not like being played out of position  >:(?
Never mind we still have Jordon Smith .

or being left on the bench for 4 games running despite coming off the bench and proving a point each time. Dont blame him for moving but saying it wasnt about money and now hes moved. c'mon if you were in a job and you got offered double to play elsewhere are you going stay when you could be getting paid double for the same job. Good luck to him, well apart from when we play against him

I read somewhere that they like to have four strikers and he was replacing one who'd moved on, so could be looking at more bench time there.  Judging by his comments in the press and on the radio he had previously seemed more than happy to stay and figh for his place.  His head has clearly been turned by the cash, you cannot fault his attitude while he's been at the club though so I personally won't be holding it against him.  I'm afraid though we are going to continue to miss out on the best players in this area as long as Trinity's chairman is throwing his money around. 

At least he can't buy our history though.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »
Ricky?? Does that imply to Ricky miller?

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 03:45:29 PM »

no, ricky martin

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »
I was worried when ShaunyG said yesterday he was on his way and so he was.  Ultimately money talks, and in a recession when your only income is possibly doubled you can't blame the lad as most of us would take the money. Shame as is he is a great forward who would have scored us lots of goals. Ultimately whilst Peter Swann is running his lot like this they can have any of our players they want, but you can't help feeling this will all come crashing down at some point. It did with us when you know who went mad spending money. I'd rather stick to the Dave Newton way of sticking to a wage budget. I spoke to Steve Charles once and he told me Swann was going to retire to the Bahamas, at this rate I wish he would hurry up !

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »
Let them throw it. Football is football, Players at this level will move on for big money regardless of loyelty.
Everyone knows that swan withdraws his bank roll at the end of this season anyway.

But we are BUFC and if players choice money over that then so be it. get in the car and go.

As with us as a club we need to look at why was a player who was told he was wanted for the season NOT on a contract.

As for mark jones, yes sad to see him go but he was offered the chance to take a full time wage out of a part time job. Nobody can say  no to that.

Time for us at boston to just get on with it forget about him and work with what we have got and what we can get out there on the pitch

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 03:49:30 PM »
He has obviously gone for footballing reasons - just like Jamie Yates..........................

Maybe did go for football reasons , did not like being played out of position  >:(?
Jordon Smith brilliant signing by Drury!
Cant wait until the summer when Drury assembles his own team.Youve been warned!
Clowns and Billy Smarts Circus?

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 03:57:24 PM »
Can,t blame him for going but perhaps its not just the money. Perhaps he is leaving a sinking ship. I just cannot help but feel that we are on a downwards slope. The players coming in appear below the standard of the players leaving. I also feel that the way things are going other folks will also be demoralised by the changes. Are we heading for ground sharing with FC. I will keep going to the games in the hope that something will happen to make me feel we have ambition to progress rather than being prepared for lower level football. Just saying it as it is, wish I could be optimistic like others on here but finding it tough.
Directions to Lemmings Cliff please.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »
HE would have gone anyway,okay he went for the money and contract,I cannot beleive we never had him on contract,
I dont think drury would have kept him happy anyway,
good luck to the lad,
HE add's to the number of good up and comeing youge player's we have let go this season

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
welcome back Ricky :)

if your referring to miller, he has already signed for someone else.  i know who would come back though..jamie clarke. now he was a passionate striker in our colours.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
Can,t blame him for going but perhaps its not just the money. Perhaps he is leaving a sinking ship. I just cannot help but feel that we are on a downwards slope. The players coming in appear below the standard of the players leaving. I also feel that the way things are going other folks will also be demoralised by the changes. Are we heading for ground sharing with FC. I will keep going to the games in the hope that something will happen to make me feel we have ambition to progress rather than being prepared for lower level football. Just saying it as it is, wish I could be optimistic like others on here but finding it tough.

Don't agree.

The clubs due to massive changes over the next 12 month. Plans have been drawn up for 2 sites and are currently been reveiwed ready for submitting, something which would not be taking place if there was not some sort of structure in place to make it happen.
         While i agree things seem bad and im expecting things to be bad for a year or 2 i myself think we are further away from sinking than our rivals, infact i am full of confidence that the club is doing the right thing by planting the seeds and letting it grow.

When you plant a apple seed it be a few years before you get the apple. Mr newton and co may have been here for a decent amount of time but a lot of that time was spent sorting a big mess out. something that they needed to do before looking forward

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 04:07:18 PM »
Good post!

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 04:10:46 PM »

no, ricky martin

Genuinely laughed at this 10/10

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 04:12:52 PM »

Jordon Smith brilliant signing by Drury!
Cant wait until the summer when Drury assembles his own team.Youve been warned!
Clowns and Billy Smarts Circus?

KON....you have warned us about many doom and glooms predictions over the last few years. Can your next prediction be a positive one for a change ?   :bunny

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 04:18:21 PM »
welcome back Ricky :)

if your referring to miller, he has already signed for someone else.  i know who would come back though..jamie clarke. now he was a passionate striker in our colours.
has he signed tho'?
over to you Shuaney :)
is the Jamie Clarke you mention the one that has signed for a club in Thailand?