Author Topic: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.  (Read 62523 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/jones-set-for-united-departure-835903.html

Young player and clearly been offered a wedge and deal till the end of next season.  If you were in his shoes, you would.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »
Agree! He's a non contract player who's been forced to play out of position! Good luck and thanks!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »
Fair enough if its his sole income, if I were in the same position I'd do the same. If he were in a job I'd be the 1st to call him mercenary but in this instance its a no brainer.........bloody disappointed all the same though.

Can't wait for the bubble to burst at that  'project' though.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »
Still only want people here that wanna play cos they wanna play not cos they can get more cash. Good luck to him though

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
more fuel to the fire when we play them now ! world war 3 is coming. i really hate them , more so now. as for jona, it was said we offered a wage increase on top of what he said about he wouldn't move for money so one has to ask why did he move ??  our club should not be selling its best players to its local rivals, end of !!!

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 03:02:20 PM »
He has obviously gone for footballing reasons - just like Jamie Yates..........................

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 03:02:56 PM »
Would have had more sympathy had he not just said: “I don’t want to be one of those players who jumps ship just because they (Trinity) are in the play-offs, or because a bit of cash comes flying at you."

Dirty greedy judas imo!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »
Aparently it was an unbeleivable offer so hes gonna go. But be smug in the fact one day it will all come crashing down on trinity when the cash runs out

fenside pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 03:19:51 PM »

Gutted he has gone,But for me this sticks in my throat and at the moment no loyalty in any level of football and will not buy a new shirt and will not renew my season ticket again and after 30+ plus years home and away thats enough for me this has tipped me over the edge and will not be going back to york street again and i see we are going down the road that we did with that fat scot with drury and i dont like it :(

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »
He has obviously gone for footballing reasons - just like Jamie Yates..........................

Maybe did go for football reasons , did not like being played out of position  >:(?
Never mind we still have Jordon Smith .

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »

Gutted he has gone,But for me this sticks in my throat and at the moment no loyalty in any level of football and will not buy a new shirt and will not renew my season ticket again and after 30+ plus years home and away thats enough for me this has tipped me over the edge and will not be going back to york street again and i see we are going down the road that we did with that fat scot with drury and i dont like it :(

I don't quite see how the loyalty can be aimed at Boston United.  Jones is the player who has decided that it is greener in North Lincs, despite being offered more money here to stay.

The fat scot as you call him, would have doubled the money that Gainsborough no doubt offered him.

As far as loyalty is concerned  - you are now going to turn your back on Boston United because a player has decided to move for more money.  Where is your loyalty?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »
Diappointing, but can't say I blame him if somebody is stupid enough to flash a load of money under his nose on a long contract.  Don't blame the player, blame the game.

However, having done a year working up there myself, he'll soon realise what a sh**ty little passionless place it is, where the local population have next to no interest in their local club (even when they reached the play-offs last year). 

Can't help feeling like their chairman pulled out all the stops to make sure they poached another one of our players.  He clearly has an infeority complex!  Maybe publicising the Corby approach was a mistake?

I guess its over to Graham Drury to get the best out of Newsham & Weir Daley now and find a style that suits their game.  I guess we can at least console ourselves in the knowledge that these two guys who can score goals on their day. He was a good striker but we still have two goalscorers on the books.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:32:16 PM by Maxross »

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 03:30:27 PM »
Jason lee should have put him on contract. Sounds like the club did all they could to keep him but he has gone for the money. Hope he fails miserably. Drury didn't help the situation with his comments it made swann and grimity more determined to get one over on us.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »

Maybe did go for football reasons , did not like being played out of position  >:(?
Never mind we still have Jordon Smith .

or being left on the bench for 4 games running despite coming off the bench and proving a point each time. Dont blame him for moving but saying it wasnt about money and now hes moved. c'mon if you were in a job and you got offered double to play elsewhere are you going stay when you could be getting paid double for the same job. Good luck to him, well apart from when we play against him

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 03:35:35 PM »
welcome back Ricky :)