Author Topic: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.  (Read 63889 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
Maybe Drury is now the victim of circumstance  :o

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2013, 08:13:48 AM »
Im not sure where he'll fit in at trinity. He's not as good as Stamp as a target man. I know they lost their smaller fast forward but he isnt one of them either be interesting to see how they use him. Whatever he'll play against us

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »
Really disapointing to see him go especially after his words suggesting he would stay, sounds a bit hollow now doesn't it. in saying that if as some are suggesting they have nearly doubled his bloody wages no one can maon at the lad, i know i would do it

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2013, 09:02:51 AM »
Im not sure where he'll fit in at trinity. He's not as good as Stamp as a target man. I know they lost their smaller fast forward but he isnt one of them either be interesting to see how they use him. Whatever he'll play against us
and probably make him captain like they did with yatesy!.....just for our game.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »
Two words - No loyalty.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »
Two words - No loyalty.

But in all honesty why should there be and why do we believe just because we support the club there should be?

We think we are the best club in lincolnshire in fact we know we are, but do we hands on our hearts really believe the players should think the same just because they play for us, and if they dont, does it really show a lack of loyalty if tey move to play somewhere else?
This is part time, NL football, changes happen evey year we surely just have to accept it, and thinking about it more how many of our players exactly or any teams players for that matter and for whatever reasons stay more than a couple of years, very few or do we honestly expct them all to be loyal cus it simply wont happen

As long as players dont move somewhere for the sake of an extra tenner which really pisses me of i keep my sanity by just accepting it

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2013, 10:36:48 AM »
I remember many, many years ago a certain employee of BUFC, who may I add is still there to this day. This person told me that all footballers are mercenaries, they would, according to him move to another club for £1.
Many years later it's still the same, no matter what league you talk about. Be it the NP league, or the Premiership, they haven't changed one bit. MJ has the chance to earn a few extra quid, he's in the same league as we are. He is just as likely to be spotted playing for GT as he would be for us. Many young footballers are spotted playing for NL clubs, they don't have to be playing here to be spotted. In the end he's looking after number one and I for one don't blame him one bit. I say good luck to the lad and if one day he makes it up the leagues, we can all say, he once played for BUFC.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »
I remember many, many years ago a certain employee of BUFC, who may I add is still there to this day. This person told me that all footballers are mercenaries, they would, according to him move to another club for £1.
Many years later it's still the same, no matter what league you talk about. Be it the NP league, or the Premiership, they haven't changed one bit. MJ has the chance to earn a few extra quid, he's in the same league as we are. He is just as likely to be spotted playing for GT as he would be for us. Many young footballers are spotted playing for NL clubs, they don't have to be playing here to be spotted. In the end he's looking after number one and I for one don't blame him one bit. I say good luck to the lad and if one day he makes it up the leagues, we can all say, he once played for BUFC.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

I like saying that when i see a X pilgrim playing on tv at a higher level

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »
Aren't GT nearly full-time training 3/4 times a week? This must be attractive to ex full timers with no "real" job to keep them occupied.

The truck load of money must compensate for the extra travel from Bourne!

Toby Lerone

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »

Gutted he has gone,But for me this sticks in my throat and at the moment no loyalty in any level of football and will not buy a new shirt and will not renew my season ticket again and after 30+ plus years home and away thats enough for me this has tipped me over the edge and will not be going back to york street again and i see we are going down the road that we did with that fat scot with drury and i dont like it :(

I don't think anyone can blame Jones for leaving, I'm from Boston and i support Boston so naturally my allegiance would be to play for the pilgrims regardless. On the other hand if i was a non-league player from Boston playing for a club 200 miles away and there local rivals offered me more money and the fact that they're higher in the league, 2 games away from a cup final at Wembley you wouldn't think twice.

I for one get fed up with the dinosaurs that pledge allegiance to the club, i only have to stand down spayne lane for half an hour to grasp that modern day football knowledge comes at a premium. So for goodness sake get behind your team or get gone because our/my beautiful club would be better off without "part-time fans!!"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »
by dropping Newsham

Please don't joke about that, that lad scores goals for fun in sides that don't.  Life without Newshams goals frightens me.

If Swan reads that LCB it will give him ideas about his next p*ss take .

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2013, 12:59:25 PM »
Lovely first post here.  ;) I'm sooooo... looking forward to more posts from Toby!   8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2013, 01:48:23 PM »

Gutted he has gone,But for me this sticks in my throat and at the moment no loyalty in any level of football and will not buy a new shirt and will not renew my season ticket again and after 30+ plus years home and away thats enough for me this has tipped me over the edge and will not be going back to york street again and i see we are going down the road that we did with that fat scot with drury and i dont like it :(

I don't think anyone can blame Jones for leaving, I'm from Boston and i support Boston so naturally my allegiance would be to play for the pilgrims regardless. On the other hand if i was a non-league player from Boston playing for a club 200 miles away and there local rivals offered me more money and the fact that they're higher in the league, 2 games away from a cup final at Wembley you wouldn't think twice.

I for one get fed up with the dinosaurs that pledge allegiance to the club, i only have to stand down spayne lane for half an hour to grasp that modern day football knowledge comes at a premium. So for goodness sake get behind your team or get gone because our/my beautiful club would be better off without "part-time fans!!"

;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »
Lovely first post here.  ;) I'm sooooo... looking forward to more posts from Toby!   8)

As long as he toes the party line.  8)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »

I for one get fed up with the dinosaurs that pledge allegiance to the club, i only have to stand down spayne lane for half an hour to grasp that modern day football knowledge comes at a premium.

I've spent many enjoyable hours on the Spayne   ::) and found the level of football knowledge to be about the same as in most non-league grounds I've been to   :dan