Author Topic: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.  (Read 63637 times)

argieh

• View Profile
Re: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 09:02:34 PM »
Can't blame the lad for going, just hope he hasn't burnt his bridge back to the best club in the county and regret it when he is sat on the bench or binned because the moneys gone.

Lets be clear, once he has gone and shopped at Wilkinsons, he ain't allowed to come back and shop in Oldrids.
Probably shopping at Coney's now, LCB....and having it hand-delivered!  ;)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »
I think a boycott of Wilko's is in order..... ;)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »
Wilko and Greggs!

Seenbetter

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 09:48:03 PM »
LP got it right. When u look at those boys on the bench for the last game it does make u wonder which direction we are going in. Everyone was asking for a big experienced mid field player and we got Foster. I don't think we were expecting that but then again we haven't seen much of him yet so still deserves a chance to impress. We desperately need someone to replace Jones. Lets hope if someone is coming in he is over 5'9" and can direct his headers and score goals and is over 25ish.
Wilco the boycott of Wilkos. Roger and out.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
 watched jones last season at deeping he was always going higher but his partner in crime morman imo was a much better player and i was surprised boston didnt take both of them. i think josh is still at corby and if there was a chance i would sign him . good luck jonah i think you will go higher still , footballs a short career make the most of your oppertunities.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »
I remember a prominent someone on here saying he'd (Jones) never go! Can anyone find the post or has it been deleted?  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 10:31:15 PM »
He has obviously gone for footballing reasons - just like Jamie Yates..........................

Maybe did go for football reasons , did not like being played out of position  >:(?
Never mind we still have Jordon Smith .
Jordon Smith brilliant signing by Drury!
Cant wait until the summer when Drury assembles his own team.Youve been warned!
Clowns and Billy Smarts Circus?
Yeah, he's bring in Ian Freeman as head fitness coach and replacing Jonah with Danny Matson. Boo Drury. Boo Freeman. Boo Matson.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:10 PM »
Laughable eh.  ???

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:33 PM »
I was told by somebody who knows him that he wouldnt move for money(when Spalding was interested), So I guess it must be for football reasons then!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »
He has obviously gone for footballing reasons - just like Jamie Yates..........................

Maybe did go for football reasons , did not like being played out of position  >:(?
Never mind we still have Jordon Smith .

or being left on the bench for 4 games running despite coming off the bench and proving a point each time. Dont blame him for moving but saying it wasnt about money and now hes moved. c'mon if you were in a job and you got offered double to play elsewhere are you going stay when you could be getting paid double for the same job. Good luck to him, well apart from when we play against him

I read somewhere that they like to have four strikers and he was replacing one who'd moved on, so could be looking at more bench time there.  Judging by his comments in the press and on the radio he had previously seemed more than happy to stay and figh for his place.  His head has clearly been turned by the cash, you cannot fault his attitude while he's been at the club though so I personally won't be holding it against him.  I'm afraid though we are going to continue to miss out on the best players in this area as long as Trinity's chairman is throwing his money around. 

At least he can't buy our history though.
Spot on this. Can see Jonah spending plenty of his time on the bench. Also the bit about Swann's cash being used to hoover up all the best players in the area is bang on. We'll see if he does pack in at the end of the season like he said.

Jonah is a good prospect to play higher and already more than good enough for this level. Of all our players he was the player who I thought we'd struggle to hold onto, but I thought he'd be moving upwards not backwards for the £££'s. Still there's 100's of good young players around, as disappointing as it is there's plenty out there playing at all levels who can step in given the chance.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2013, 10:43:51 PM »
Precisely!  ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 10:57:34 PM »
I worry GD sees Jordan as a readymade replacement but from what I've seen his someway off the mark

Jordon was considered a striker at Ilkeston but was well down the pecking order .
How far? 2nd or 3rd!

Ilkeston forum qouted Hooton , Gardner and Ford as better options .

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 11:02:17 PM »
When asked why Jones had been on the bench and then played out wide, Drury said that Jones was a victim of circumstance.
He knew Jones from Corby but he needed to assess the other strikers.
This would have made no difference to the approach by Gainsborough of course, but it would be interesting to know the results of his assessment  :o

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »
When asked why Jones had been on the bench and then played out wide, Drury said that Jones was a victim of circumstance.
He knew Jones from Corby but he needed to assess the other strikers.
This would have made no difference to the approach by Gainsborough of course, but it would be interesting to know the results of his assessment  :o

May reveal the outcome of his assessment next match by dropping SWD or Newsham and replacing with Jordon  ;)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2013, 11:17:34 PM »
by dropping Newsham

Please don't joke about that, that lad scores goals for fun in sides that don't.  Life without Newshams goals frightens me.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.