Author Topic: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.  (Read 62581 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FFS, but you cannot blame the lad.
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else has had the thought cross their mind that if GD had not rattled Swann's cage so vigorously the offer would have not have been so lucrative?? ??? :-\

Exactly what I have been thinking the last few days  TP .

Lets hope hes learnt to keep his mouth shut and deliver something positive .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 04:40:50 PM »
Reminds me of an ex manager at York Street!

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 04:46:45 PM »
No, he means the one who did his cruciate ligaments in playing for Loughborough a couple of months back. Don't think he would be able to replace Mark Jones at the moment !

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 05:11:48 PM »
First off, we probably should have signed him on a proper contract when he turned out to be good and before other clubs started taking notice.

Also, if Swann wants to chuck money around let him, it will only hurt Trinity in the long run, we've seen it all before.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 05:38:08 PM »
Frustrating, but also novel to see a transfer so unapologetically about money. Must be an interesting feeling for GTFC and their fans knowing that MJ would quite clearly be at BUFC, that he considers us a bigger/better club and that he's there for no reason other than to milk the cash of Peer Swann and their (few) fans! Not that much of a victory for them.

I also suspect that Drury's comments won't have helped matters, such things shouldn't be aired in the press - we all know what an idiot John Fenty looked a while ago. I'm not having a go at him, but suggesting that he should pipe down a bit unless he's in a dug out.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 05:58:22 PM »
Good luck to the lad hes only human. This new manager worries me tho getting rid of the best players and replacing em with muppets............... :o

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »
Good luck to the lad hes only human. This new manager worries me tho getting rid of the best players and replacing em with muppets............... :o

The new manager isn't getting rid of the best players, Jones chose to go.

Smith....Was a good player but think this was just that one level to high.
Stokes..Don't know the full details but there seemed to be more to hid release than told

TBH Stokes is the only one i felt we should have kept.

But asked if they was good enough IMO yes but the league says different so ill go with where we are in the league and ill make judgment on drury after the first 15 games next season

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
Mark Jones is a good player who should definitely have been on a contract, but there's no point blaming anyone now as what's done is done. We need to learn from this though and not make the same mistake again with other players.

For the sake of keeping supporters coming through the turnstyles, we need to keep our mathematical play-off hopes alive for as long as we can. To do that I feel we need to replace Jones straight away with somebody of equivalent standard. Looking at our subs' bench for the last match - Jordan Smith, James Reed, Jordan Nuttell, Charley Sanders and Ricky Drury - which of these players is ready to step up to the mark and replace Jones? This isn't a criticism of those players and there's definitely potential there, but I don't think we've got a finished article waiting in the wings to replace Jones. We need to address this as a priority.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 06:19:35 PM »
Wardy up front methinks!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »
No, he means the one who did his cruciate ligaments in playing for Loughborough a couple of months back. Don't think he would be able to replace Mark Jones at the moment !

yeah, this is who i mean. he is not far away from regaining fitness so i gather so could be one to get on board at least. i know personally that he loves this club and would do anything to be back.  who knows, but i had to throw this name in the hat. i remember the crowd loving him though.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
I worry GD sees Jordan as a readymade replacement but from what I've seen his someway off the mark

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »
His first game for boring looks like it will be against us in Feb!

What the odds on first goal scorer?!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 07:53:04 PM »
I worry GD sees Jordan as a readymade replacement but from what I've seen his someway off the mark

Jordon was considered a striker at Ilkeston but was well down the pecking order .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »
How far? 2nd or 3rd!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »
Can't blame the lad for going, just hope he hasn't burnt his bridge back to the best club in the county and regret it when he is sat on the bench or binned because the moneys gone.

Lets be clear, once he has gone and shopped at Wilkinsons, he ain't allowed to come back and shop in Oldrids.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.