Author Topic: A SNIFF  (Read 4447 times)

shinnster

• View Profile
A SNIFF
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »
Just seen on twitter that the gaffer has said that he believes Boston can still make the play offs, He said that we need to win 13 out of the last 18 games left, and he said we can still afford to loose to the top teams. I for one will be 100% behind him,but realistically after the other night we coudnt even win against skeg town but am I being to hard lethope he's right.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: A SNIFF
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »
Winning 13 games would give us a total of 69 points ,  given that it needed 72 points to make the play-offs last season GD forgot to tell us we need 3 draws out of the 5 other matches .

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:38:42 PM »
Just seen on twitter that the gaffer has said that he believes Boston can still make the play offs, He said that we need to win 13 out of the last 18 games left, and he said we can still afford to loose to the top teams. I for one will be 100% behind him,but realistically after the other night we coudnt even win against skeg town but am I being to hard lethope he's right.

What's his twitter address? I could do with following a good comedian.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 06:37:11 PM »
 we are shit but so are most of the other teams in this league so you never know.  the fact we are only a few points of plays offs shows the standard isn't upto much. having said this, it could also mean we may just end up in a relegation battle as the teams below tend to pick up points of us easily.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 07:13:58 PM »
Taking into account the number of games that others have in hand, realistically we are miles away from the play-off race at the moment.

If he can't get a better performance than the other night out of them then forget all about it.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »

What's his twitter address? I could do with following a good comedian.
Im laughing at that comment!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »
we are shit but so are most of the other teams in this league so you never know.  the fact we are only a few points of plays offs shows the standard isn't upto much. having said this, it could also mean we may just end up in a relegation battle as the teams below tend to pick up points of us easily.
l
We are shit!  Spot on Wayne!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 09:15:27 PM »
We can write the playoffs off completely if were are about to change our style of play (as Tuesday suggested.)

The faces we have don't fit that way of playing so we'll need wholesale changes before we even start winning games, let alone rising through the league.  I'm looking down and hoping we steer clear of that rather than getting ourselves up.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:08:36 PM »
A problem I see coming is that the players who do a good job for us and who we would do well to keep are going to receive tempting offers from elsewhere and won't want to remain at this club. I appreciate this is a problem at every transfer window but we won't be able to offer them anything which could encourage them to stay. Then we will only be able to afford players of a lower standard and that will lead to a downward slope. I do hope things improve quickly.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 08:12:16 AM »
Personally i dont think we have a sniff of the play offs and GD but what choice does GD have but to say we do, if he says differently we would all go potty!
Looking at the forums these last couple of weeks and if you were a new playeer considering joining us who would surely read what the fans are saying wouldn't you be completely put off from doing so?
the slaggings off have been relentlessly OTT and only a convincing win saturday i fear will stop them, but it will have to be convincing over one of the worse teams in the league
I can see a 3-1 victory coming and cant wait for someone to start a new thread saying 'Play ofs here we come!"

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 08:21:30 AM »
l
We are shit!  Spot on Wayne!

I'm sorry but we are not shit we are consistant at being inconsistant one game play fantastic then another game dreadfull yes we aint gonna make the playoffs but given the summer a new team will rise from the ashes and funds will be availible due to the fact david newton will say the time is right to get promoted but now isn't that time and I still think I might be blinked but GD is the right man to take us up.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »
I'm sorry but we are not shit we are consistant at being inconsistant one game play fantastic then another game dreadfull yes we aint gonna make the playoffs but given the summer a new team will rise from the ashes and funds will be availible due to the fact david newton will say the time is right to get promoted but now isn't that time and I still think I might be blinked but GD is the right man to take us up.

There's never a wrong time to get promoted.