Author Topic: We're all in it together . . .  (Read 1686 times)

Tony Goor

• View Profile
We're all in it together . . .
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:00:29 PM »
Let's hope when we are back to one match a week, and training proper can start again, there are sessions on passing the ball.  It seems that the football is just one big "Hot potato" that must be kicked forward to any opposing defender as quickly as possible.

I do hope it is not the case of paying peanuts and getting monkeys, and hope some hard work on the training ground can get some semblance of a football team back on the pitch at York Street, as it used to be called.

There were occasions last night when the goalkeeper grabbed the ball, and within two seconds kicked the ball forward to the front line where there was two against five!  Please players, think, play football, and all the crowd will get behind the team.  That's all the crowds need . . . someone, or something to be encouraged about.

I am absolutely fed up with the attitude about fellow supporters either being moaners or will support any old rubbish played because it is Boston United.  Already 500 supporters have gone, maybe they will come back this season, we'll have to wait and see.  But all will cheer when there is something to cheer about.  You know it makes sense.  Even a very loyal fan next to me on Tuesday said "I bet you regret being a season ticket holder?"  Well, I go, I enjoy the company, a natter with Rod and Des, and the others, and we all live in hope that the club, under whoever, will get it right and make the visit worthwhile!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: We're all in it together . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 09:59:45 PM »
Too right!

Well said Tony.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:12:33 PM »
Have to agree with your part at the end,

I find turning up at York street on a sat is a lot more than just football, I made many friends inside the ground over the past few years and York street as become not only the place to watch the team i love but a chance to get together with a lot of friends and also a place where you can make a lot of friends.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:38:50 PM »
through good and bad, rain and shine..we'll be there. it really is that simple when your team is your one and only team. you could almost say that this is a relationship. at times a bumpy one, at times the joys are incredible. but at no point am i considering a divorce !! long live BUFC  8)