Author Topic: Tonights Game...  (Read 10479 times)

TattershallPilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Tonights Game...
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 09:45:33 AM »
Drury is clueless! Long balls to our smallest forwards! Feel sorry for Dave Newton! The other candidates much have been crap. Thanks for clapping us at the end Drury its a shame you don't put as much effort in your tactics. Even the happy clappers were questioning the big boot style weres the Barca style ?

Your joking right?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 09:54:01 AM »

I actually thought we were the best side - up until the point where Harrogate scored. I also thought there should have been an offside decision against Harrogate in the build-up to their opening goal.

Once Harrogate had scored we were awful.

I take on board all the comments about needing a more physical presence in midfield and up front, but more than that we need just one player with a bit of experience to lead the younger players by example when we're struggling. Our ineffective attacking performance last night was as much about Alan White as it was about any of our own players. Nothing got past him. That's the kind of player we need.
Good post LP
Done after a night to sleep on it.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »
You have hit the nail on the head LP but players like white don't come easily or cheap. The budget for this season has been spent so let's hope the changes are made in the summer.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
Has GD talked himself into the job

That's what usually happens at job interviews. Seriously, all of you need to calm down and give the bloke a chance. He's been here 5 minutes and is playing with Jason Lee's [substandard] team. If it's still this bad once he's got his own men in place, by all means call for his head but this kneejerk dummy spitting isn't doing anyone any favours.
Can't speak for anyone else but I'm not slating the manager or his decisions, just giving an opinion on the match and were I thought it went right/wrong, as I always do. Mine is just an opinion (a very simple one, don't for one minute think I know as much as any football manager), I think Drury should be given time to work with the team and make changes where he sees fit. For me these players individually are all good enough to be in a play-off chasing team but as a unit there is something not quite right so we may have to let go of some to get the balance right.

Oh and I agree with LP, we where the best team until they scored. Once they did (score) heads dropped which is the same old story. Don't agree we need any more physical presence up top I think centre mid is where it's needed and we need to sacrifice one of Milnes or Ross to bring in that type of player. I also think that would be the ideal role for the leader LP rightly says we require.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:31:04 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Seenbetter

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 02:27:55 PM »
After last night we can't get rid of Ross, Apart from Newsham he was, I think, the only other one most likely to score. I am of course referring to the 2 free kicks. The first one comfortably taken by the goaly and the second one produced a great save by him.

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »
One word, or is it two, "outmuscled".

Certainly need an Alan White type at the back. He was magnificent last night, as always.

Charley certainly deserved his sending off. He has not learned from the sendings off he has had in the youth team for very similar efforts.

The positives, we were the better side till they scored, they did keep trying to the end, they did try several different tactics to nick something out of the game rather than the same old same old tactic from JL.

Will judge GD when he has had time on the training field to instill his style and tactics and when he has replaced some of the current squal with the players he wants.

Seenbetter

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 05:33:28 PM »
Judging by last nights effort, squal is a good word.