Author Topic: Tonights Game...  (Read 10510 times)

Seenbetter

Re: Tonights Game...
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 11:02:07 PM »
Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear. Or should I say Oh Dire Oh Dire Oh Dire. I have not commented about GDs appointment so far but I have to say something now. Has Mr Newton been sold a pup. Has GD talked himself into the job (that was my first instinct when I heared him for the first time on the radio). Tonight we were muscled out of the game by bigger, stronger players. Our forwards were too small to win the high balls and I think Ross was the only one to have a go at their goal and that was from 2 free kicks. When Jordan Smith had his first game for us I thought he was going to be useful but nothing from him since that game and very poor tonight. I gave up when I saw Sanders put on. Sorry Charlie but at the moment you are out of this league, football wise, and my mate saw the incident for which he was sent off and he apparently deserved it. He elbowed their player before the ball got to them. We actually played better after he left and Newsh tried to cheer us up with a well taken goal, again. We go on about our defence and midfield but I do wonder if our attention should be drawn to the forwards.Lots of huffing and puffing but, including Ross's 2 attempts, I think we only had about 4 or 5 attempts on their goal. As for GD wanting the players to go in the bar after the games I would like to have seen him have the courage to face the microphone after the game, after all, if Mr Houldsworth of Lincoln can do it after an apparently abysmal performance by his team then why can't GD do it. Oh, and what prompted me to get out of my pram, simple really. Stokes is moved on, Smith is moved on and all we were left with was dear young Charlie to go on and save the day. Stainsfield, although a defender, would have been my choice before Charlie. As for the ref, he played 70/40 in favour of Harrogate.
Sorry to say it but if my wife wants me to take her shopping on Saturday afternoon coming I think that would be my choice.
Ah well, early days, things may get better, just have to wait and see. I don't feel inspired to put going to a match before spending the day fishing. 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »
Worst I've seen us play this season as I seemed to miss all the horror shows away from home under Jason. 

At no point tonight did we look like stringing 2 passes together or even mounting even the slightest challenge on their midfield.

Truely, truely woeful.  It was that bad I've looked at the table tonight to work out if I thought we were safe from the bottom.

Prove me wrong
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:06:43 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:29 PM »
Very poor performance against a bottom half team. Only played when we were down to 10 men and all realistic hope had gone. Not sure why Haystead has not been released from our Club - surely a more reliable keeper is required for the second half of the season? Young Sam Vince would be more dependable albeit inexperienced. 8)
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
For christ sake if ur gonna play the hoof game then let's have big target men up there to aim at JONES to hold it up and then newsh or spence to run on to it

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »
For christ sake if ur gonna play the hoof game then let's have big target men up there to aim at JONES to hold it up and then newsh or spence to run on to it
Exactly ! Does anybody know if Jones was on the subs bench at Corby many times? Been told that he was!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 11:31:33 PM »
The Standard web-site makes scathing comments on tonights match which the likes of are rarely seen in the local press .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:37 PM »
Just read it! An honest report from the Standard! Well done Dunc!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 11:36:01 PM »
boring. Dull. Rubbish. Forgetable. Abject. Dire. You could pick any of those words out of a hat and they would fittingly describe Boston United’s 2-0 defeat to Harrogate Town tonight.

:-X

Prove me wrong
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 11:39:29 PM »
boring. Dull. Rubbish. Forgetable. Abject. Dire. You could pick any of those words out of a hat and they would fittingly describe Boston United’s 2-0 defeat to Harrogate Town tonight.

:-X

Prove me wrong
I thought we lost 2-1, did some one leave early?
Tbh the game was lost at 1-0, I couldn't really see a way back.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 06:51:24 AM »

I actually thought we were the best side - up until the point where Harrogate scored. I also thought there should have been an offside decision against Harrogate in the build-up to their opening goal.

Once Harrogate had scored we were awful.

I take on board all the comments about needing a more physical presence in midfield and up front, but more than that we need just one player with a bit of experience to lead the younger players by example when we're struggling. Our ineffective attacking performance last night was as much about Alan White as it was about any of our own players. Nothing got past him. That's the kind of player we need.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:40 AM »
A bit early to judge the manager yet.  Lets give him a few more games.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 08:24:22 AM »
That was poor, worse than poor in fact and if individually the players were marked out of ten, none would have recieved more than five and quite a few i imagine two or three.
watt was one of the few to achieve the over generous rating of 5, but i bet he must be wondering why he left the sanctuary of Evo stick football  because what he saw him front of him for 90 minutes must have scared him shitless
The midfield was as shambolic as it was wasteful and if oscars were given for losing the ball they would hsve swept the board last night and as for the forwards, dear oh dear oh dear
the game proved many things, tactically drury got it woefully wrong which after just five games is very worrying indeed. playing 70 yard hoof ball up to three small forwards is naive and foolish and is only erver likely to produce 90 minutes of totasl frustration for both players and definitely supporters alike.were we playing, 44-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3, I have no idea. Nesham started on the left then in the middle then on the right, smith had a spell as target man, yeah like that really worked and it was just generaly a shambles, in fact was shambolic everywhere.
we definitely need a new and different type of forward,one that either can hold the ball up or create something from nothinng or even bothh because none of that happened last night but how did drury not see that,we all did, and even though i only get to see a dopzen or so matches a year,only the fact that he has just arrived stops me from riping into him, for last night ranks as poor a performance as i seen for many years. And if asnyone was previously questioning the need for at least a couple of midfield players i bet they aint now for they were as a unit totally impotent, wasteful and at times and i hate saying this clueless, and how ross got mom is quite absurd, unless we have to give it to a home player?
lets also give credit to harrogate though who on last nights performnce and with games inhand i think must be play off contenders(certainly wont be us) there 7 Youhill was brilliant as to was there number 4 Nowakowski, god couldn't we do with them or players like them at the club and there defence were totally dominant, organised, strong and distributed the ball superbly......if only we could have associated anmy of those words to describe the performance or tactics used by ourr lads last night, unfortunately we cant!!! :-X
truly dreadful preformance

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 08:28:58 AM »
PS: and i totally agree with LP there was no leader out there so vital in games like this

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 09:02:20 AM »
Has GD talked himself into the job

That's what usually happens at job interviews. Seriously, all of you need to calm down and give the bloke a chance. He's been here 5 minutes and is playing with Jason Lee's [substandard] team. If it's still this bad once he's got his own men in place, by all means call for his head but this kneejerk dummy spitting isn't doing anyone any favours.

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »
Ross worked his socks off in mid field, Couldn't believe Fairclough was taken off, he was a star getting back to defend and then like a rocket up in attack. The new men were not as good as Stainfield in defence and any of our other wingers. The long ball was no good, but saying that the pitch was not good for on the ground play either. Lets hope saturday gets an improvement. JL wasn't far off getting it right in my opinion.