Author Topic: FAC  (Read 5585 times)

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
FAC
« on: January 04, 2013, 01:09:06 PM »
So 3rd round weekend.
Has anyone on here seen us play this far in the FAC?
Is anyone old enough!
What a crap FAC record we have - it must mean sometime soon we'll go all the way!
I recall when we should have been playing Middlesbrough after playing Chester off their own park.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FAC
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
Well there were the 3rd round games against Hartlepool United in 2004/5. I saw the first one at Hartlepool.

Complete FA Cup Record here: http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/facup.html

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:38:54 PM »
nearly there a few years ago- didnt we lose 1-0 to chester- dodgy penalty?

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »
Oops yes I was there too.
When I started this I suppose I was thinking of the lack of an FAC game or 2 against a so called big team.
if there are any ex BGS boys on here I think they got the afternoon off for the Derby game?

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »
Well I saw the one against Tottenham, so I must be really old.  8)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
Actually Boston United has one of the best FA cup win records of any team (due in large part to playing more games as in lower leagues).

Was not the 1974 Derby game an early kick-off on account of the 3 day week? But something like 11,000 at York Street :dan
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
www.statto.com/football/stats/england/fa-cup/all-time-table

We're 114th!

Saw 4/6 of the above - wasn't born for one and Wyberton CP wouldn't give us the time off for the other!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:43:02 PM by Ferret »

TattershallPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »
I was only alive for the 2 against Hartlepool haha, but yeah went to them both

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »
I wonder if I'm the only one who's seen all six, and the game at Derby in the second round. I believe the Chester game was an earlier round. I don't suppose I shall see any more as I'm no longer up to sitting for two hours in a cold stand.

I remember in particular the referee of the Portsmouth game. He was Roger Kirkpatrick, nicknamed Pickwick as he resembled the Dickens character. His specialities were running backwards and giving a controversial decision in the first minute of most games. He did us no favours that day as the league side appeared not to be capable of doing wrong in his eyes.

The third round game at Derby was our closest chance to progress. It was played on that gluey pitch at the Baseball Ground and ended 0-0. A United shot pulled up in the mud right on the goal line. Another foot and history would have been changed. We gave it a good go in the replay before eventually being overwhelmed by a top First Division side.

Great days that may not come again, but we can dream.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 04:39:31 PM »
 I think we lost the replay against Derby 6 - 1, if I remember rightly, I believe that Jim Conde scored our goal with a header.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »

I've been to Lowestoft, Congleton, Ilkeston and Heybridge Swifts, and have seen us lose at home to Brigg, Wisbech, Canvey Island, Aveley, Matlock and Hinckley. So it's not as if we haven't seen our fair share of giant killings.

In terms of the Hartlepool game, a lot of Boston supporters - myself included - didn't arrive until half an hour into the game. The weather was particularly bad on the day and the supporters coaches were held up, with the ref refusing to delay the kick-off. You wait a long time to reach that stage of the competition and then you miss the start! Still, I was there in plenty of time to see Adam Boyd's penalty.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »

We're 114th!

Saw 4/6 of the above - wasn't born for one and Wyberton CP wouldn't give us the time off for the other!

Should have prefaced this with "out of  non-league clubs we have a good record"! Whoops  :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »
  Didn't the Portsmouth match precede the famous T REX Glyder gig ?

Thought Boston was the centre of the entertainment universe that day ..

feelinblue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »

We're 114th!

Should have prefaced this with "out of  non-league clubs we have a good record"! Whoops  :bunny

Only slightly behind those mighty Blues of Gainsborough ;)