Author Topic: Corby away today  (Read 11708 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: Corby away today
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 08:02:18 PM »
They always looked the more likely to score second half, first half we should have had more than 1, the keeper making 2 great saves from SWD from 1 on 1's, although he should have scored at least 1 imo.

It was pretty much back to the JL days of a good first half and a lacklustre second, I guess it was too much to ask for GD to turn it around so quickly. Several players off the pace today, Milnes, Marshall and Smith the most obvious. That said the former 2 have been our most consistent performers of late so can be forgiven and the latter had a good game Saturday (MOTM imo). Once GD gets some new players in and he puts his stamp on the team I'm confident we'll get the consistency we need to make a proper challenge (although it may be too late for this season).

On the defender my guess would be Richard Jones as well KON, he was on contract at Stamford but we'll soon see. It was indeed on Radio Lincs as we had it on on the way home.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »
Some people really make me laugh. I have been a fan since back in the dr martins league and regularly watch Boston but stopped after watching a truly woeful team under Jason lee. I have renewed interest after the board picked the right man for the job. I'm a genuine fan like the rest and just want the club to succeed.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 08:30:27 PM »
It was clear from GD interview which defender was the scapegoat .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »

Narrow margins as he was our stand out player unto that point.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 09:30:54 PM »

Yes not great man management singling out Ward , the old "every player has a clean slate" ::) line.

561steve

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 10:20:10 PM »
wild guess Phil watt

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »
Apparently a lad who is on contract at another club and can't take him till 6th January. Hopefully he is trying to sign holding midfielder too.

First, and i eckon others will know better than me, but surely any player on contract will surely be on contract to the end of the season? Why would a player, or club for that matter sign one up for half a season? the oly different to this is i can see is when a player is on an agreed loan deal and for an agreed loan period from a more senior club?

Second, at the moment can we or drury afford to sign any player currently on contract somewhere as surely, unless the club agrees to rip up that contract a fee would have to be paid for there services...wouldnt it?

Third, whilst like others I would certainly welcome millar and his energy back especially with the goals he is currently scoring but why  do people keep thinking it could or would ever happen, has drury ever said he needs another forward? no,, he knows (hopefully)as we all do that what we need is not forwards but a CH and an extra midfield player. the winner yesterday came from yet another set peice and especially goals like that have to stopped and once a new CH arrives he should be quickly followed by the midfield reinforcements. BTW does anyone, (shauneyg perhaps?) have any update on the 7 day notice for Ozmen, and if doesn't come perhaps GD should do worse than look at the coloured centre mid lad who played yesterday, the one built like a heavyweight boxer i thought he was superb and just the kind of physical player we are looking for

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 10:18:02 AM »
To the actual game yesterday, i thoiught we really deserved to win and left feeling a bit deflated really.especially with the timing of the winner which my brother and i both feared was coming, but after the first half though I really thought we should also have won quite comfortably in all honesty with only their custodian keeping them in the game, but we did look a bit dodgy at the back the longer the game went on. were they tired? almost certainly but they had a tough game saturday on a really boggy pitch so i think you have to give al the ladas a bit of slcak. it reminded me of the newcastle/arsenal game when the geordies looked out on their feet in the last 20 minutes.
But speaking to a few of their fans in the bar afterwards didn't make me feel any better either as they reckoned it was the first time this season they had taken three points from any team in the top 10 :-[
Ironically though i thought smith played poorly especially after judging him on the oxford performance, yet semple on the other side played really well
but its early doors yet and noone can judge GD good or bad for another what, 6,8 games and until he has brought in the players he wants and got the lads playing in the style he wants, that said their winner was still a real kick in the goolies

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »
oh yes, lastly a word for the incredable support at corby, my brother was amazed at the size of our following and corby fans in the bar reckon there could have been as many of our supporters as there was theirs!!

thats why we are the best fans in the league by a country mile

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »
Thought we were the better team and should have found a second goal at some point in the first half. There wasn't a lack of effort in the second half, I thought the lads just looked knackered. Overall a draw would've been fairer, but I had a bad feeling from 70 minutes onwards as there was only one team likely to go on and win it from that point. Corby had their game postponed on Saturday so had almost a week between yesterday and Boxing Day while we're one of the few teams to play our full quota of matches - I suspect that might have something to do with them looking much better than us towards the end.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
Some people really make me laugh. I have been a fan since back in the dr martins league and regularly watch Boston but stopped after watching a truly woeful team under Jason lee. I have renewed interest after the board picked the right man for the job. I'm a genuine fan like the rest and just want the club to succeed.

Have you got a brother/cousin/uncle on Stamford's forum called steviej by any chance Shauneyg?

Funny how you chose never to post on here until now despite being a fan for all those years and only stopping coming to games when Jason took over......

Forgive my cynicism but we had a golden cock on here for a few years, well several......nay dozens really. Strange thing was they all sang the praises of a former Stamford manager too.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »
Oh .lighten up NF  .

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »
Andy,
I think the brother/cousin/uncle on Stamford's forum is sammyj. I think there's only been 2 posts from him since his triumphant announcement of "it's official - Drury to be new Boston manager".  These were to tell everyone which players his alterego would be taking with him.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 09:50:45 PM »
I can honestly say I have no connection to the new manager and have followed the pilgrims for years. I am knowledgable on non league football that's all. I will meet anyone to prove this if its a problem. The trouble is with lots of people just can't move on from what mr Evans and his crew did to our great football club. I'm sorry for any offence caused with my postings and am a genuine fan.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »
My first game watching the pilgrims was back in dr martens league we won 1-0 at home to Gloucester city and martin hardy got the solitary goal with a header.