Author Topic: HONEYMOON OVER  (Read 2756 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
HONEYMOON OVER
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:24:27 AM »
WHERE would we have been without HAYSTEAD,apart from SILK i worry about the rest of our defender's,
could not understand sub REED insted of bringing on smith,in 15 min. smith can change a game for sure.
I cant make my mind up about this JORDAN SMITH feller,
WE were second best over the 90 min's yesterday,
Happy new year to all ,
THE team is like my car .it need's an overhaul,but like the club i cant afford it at the moment.
I will be there for next game for sure,,  :dan

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: HONEYMOON OVER
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:34:10 AM »
Haystead was brilliant yesterday, at no fault for the goals and stopped two or three brilliantly to keep the score with in reach. Don't think the issue was in the defence, it was the 3/4 of open pitch in front them to run straight at the back 4 that looked the issue.  1st half we hustled and worked our socks off closing down.  They were able to do the same in the 2nd half, where as our midfield 4 went missing.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:03 AM »
ross does not do second halves

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
Like it most of the season we are too nice and allow teams to go straight through our midfield.

Sorry to say it but too many Artists & not enough Soldiers  :-\

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 12:01:16 PM »
i rather think in some shape or form that the above will become the most used quote of 2013! ;D

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
Miele

Haystead did make some good saves but then so did their keeper, it's what they are paid to do. Don't get the "where would we be without Haystead" comment. We're not going to g through every game without our keeper making saves  ::)

I thought the substitutions where ok, better than JL where it was always like for like. At least bringing on Reed it was a change of formation and no disrespect to Newsh but pleased that GD isn't like JL who never ever sub'd Newsh off.

Jordan Smith was poor, but no poorer than most of the rest of the team. His cameo on Boxing day and his performance on Saturday where good so I'd say hang fire and not write him off yet.

DT I have been one of the Ross critics but he played well both halves yesterday and was probably our MOTM (it was a close call between him and Ward). From the starting 10 outfield players they where the only 2 who put in a decent performance imo and you can't have that many players having an off day and expect to come away with anything.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
Haystead has been average all season - he has had some good games but also some stinkers. One thing I don't think he does well and that is instill confidence in his back four. He often seems hesitant when coming out to collect a through ball and this nervousness transmits to those in front of him.

On balance, I don't think he adds any value of what we had with Bazza.

DL