Author Topic: Ian Ross  (Read 8265 times)

townender3385

• View Profile
Re: Ian Ross
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 07:26:38 AM »
I like the sound of this Ozmen and hope we get him signed up.

And i would 100% take Milnes over Ross.
Milnes is an all round centre midfielder. Hard to come by nowadays, he's as good if not better on the ball than Ross and gets right stuck in and doesn't get the defensive credit that he deserves.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »
Totally agree with that. I thought milnes was MOM against corby put a real shift in for the team.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
Totally agree with that. I thought milnes was MOM against corby put a real shift in for the team.
Absolutely, Milnes was MOTM by a mile, although SWD had a good game not sure how anyone could have picked him over Milnes.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »
Ross is fairly skilfully a great passer makes lots of time and space and is experienced! Without Ross I think we would struggle in the midfield and in the build up to some of our goals. Most things were coming through Ross yesterday against Oxford. I don't think many people appreciate having Ross in our midfield, and we would struggle without him! He's definitely one for the retained list no question!

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
Who agrees that Ross should be first to go. Useless as always, wastes the ball and defensively i've never known someone be such a passenger.

Completely disagree....Ross has his limitations,like everybody....perhaps his "turning circle" can be rather predictable and "big", and perhaps his passes can be wayward sometimes,but dont underestimate his overall contribution to the team.....on his day he is as good as any midfielder at this level....he is also,as far as I am aware,fully committed to BUFC....his passion for the club is there for all to see....

One thing I would say however is that his overall game would be increased and we would get more from him, if he was joined in our midfield by a strong hard tackling midfield player....a type of player we have sadly been needing for ages now....

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 05:03:25 PM »
Ross is fairly skilfully a great passer makes lots of time and space and is experienced! Without Ross I think we would struggle in the midfield and in the build up to some of our goals. Most things were coming through Ross yesterday against Oxford. I don't think many people appreciate having Ross in our midfield, and we would struggle without him! He's definitely one for the retained list no question!

I thought he add a cracking first halve to be fare, imo along with smith he was my joint mom in that 45mins, but was i the only one who thought that his second half performance was the complete opposite? With drury obviously wanting to sign a centre midfeild player i think it's safe to assume at least one of yesterdays starters will inevitably be come a casualty