Author Topic: todays game  (Read 15428 times)

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
todays game
« on: December 29, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
good solid performance and got what we deserved. Carried on the good attacking play from boxing day apart from we took more chances today. Really pleased after the game and really looking forward to corby now. Thought smith on the wing was superb today, i didnt hear the mom today but he was mine. Very good addition. Utp

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »
Ian Ross was given MOM.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today's game
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »
Another top performance from the lads today. Fully deserved the with creating plenty of chances once again. What a turn around since the appointment of graham Drury. The same bunch of players all but Jordan smith, showing great effort and commitment to Boston united and puttin on a show that our fans deserve.
Well done to Drury and keep up the good work.

Beck Row

• View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
And no new threads on here with dramatic, high impact headings............we must have won!! Funny old game......

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »
C'mon you Pilgrims. Beware the doom and gloom merchants are looming large and are bound to start saying I told you so!  ;)

Actually, no they will be happy today. Full of optimism,verve & vigour for 2013. Cheers  :santa
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:47:09 PM »
2 wins and a draw from the last 3 games... a nice bit of momentum building.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
Its nice to have a 'feel good factor' back around the place after 18 months of apathy.

A good honest performance from both teams, and the ref who I thought did well given the conditions.

2000 people through the gate in the last 2 games, if JL had been here we'd have struggled for 1500 and we'd have picked up 2 points at best, not 4.

We still are a long way off being genuine play off material but those lads have put in 2 really good shifts these last 4 days, if we can keep that intensity up we'll not be far off.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 06:58:36 PM »
Just shows that the board made the right decision in sacking the previous management team. Graham Drury is the man to take this club forward again!!!

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »
Great credit to both teams trying to play in those terrible slippery conditions but Boston definitely played better than Oxford, controlled the ball well and deserved the win. I have commented before on the slowing down of Jones so where did that speed come from when he ran into the box and scored a good goal. Is he over the slow phase ? Has the reason for him slowing down left the club ? Has he finally recovered from an injury which slowed him down ? He played good today so congrats to him and I hope to see more of it. Sorry N40s, have to disagree with u about the dumpling with the whistle. Experience should improve a performance but he is still crap, he was determined to get Oxford a goal even if he had to give them 10 consecutive free kicks. If he did his job well he wouldn't have needed to tell GD off about him getting at the dumpling. Haysted, Ross played well even though they have both received lots of slagging off on here. Perhaps the reason for lots of poor results and performances has also left the club. Lets hope for more positive results and personal performances with GD.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
Just shows that the board made the right decision in sacking the previous management team. Graham Drury is the man to take this club forward again!!!

Looks like GD's got something else in common with the last Stamford manager to move here.............his own online fan club!

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »
well done lads ,
Good match ,then most are when we win , great to see the look on the new managers face when he left the pitch . :)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »

Looks like GD's got something else in common with the last Stamford manager to move here.............his own online fan club!

Well certainly the postings suggest this!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
cracking result today and the manager is really ticking all the right boxes with me  ;D  plenty of passion on the sideline, done a fantastic slip and slide on ya ass celebration ( anyone see it ? ) after our second and looks to have got us playing some good stuff once again. was anyone surprised with the official announcement on the gate total at the end ?? to me, and those around me, we all agreed there looked a lot more in the ground that was stated !!!!  maybe its the usual freebie guys getting extra's for there mates now  ::)
time the club looked into this, as its costing us money. any turnstile operatives that are letting in "friends" should be sacked too ( it does happen !! )  anyway , back to the positives of today, 3 well deserved points :) 

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
cracking result today and the manager is really ticking all the right boxes with me  ;D  plenty of passion on the sideline, done a fantastic slip and slide on ya ass celebration ( anyone see it ? ) after our second and looks to have got us playing some good stuff once again. was anyone surprised with the official announcement on the gate total at the end ?? to me, and those around me, we all agreed there looked a lot more in the ground that was stated !!!!  maybe its the usual freebie guys getting extra's for there mates now  ::)
time the club looked into this, as its costing us money. any turnstile operatives that are letting in "friends" should be sacked too ( it does happen !! )  anyway , back to the positives of today, 3 well deserved points :)

If I were you I'd amend that post re the gate, I've had phone calls from the club in the past, they are VERY sensitive on this issue.........and the gatemen are volunteers, they give up their time to do that job so be careful there, I know I'd be pi$$ed off if someone accused me of fiddling when I was doing something for free.

But I agree, the freebie culture needs knocking on the head, when I came to the Chester game with my cousin we were offered 4 or 5 freebies in the club, this can't be right. Players should get 2 max for FAMILY only and the programme sellers/50/50 sellers matchday helpers should also get in free but after that I see no reason why anyone should be allowed in free, be it through friend or family connections. If they want to support the club pay like the others, don't turn up expecting a free ticket, its not supporting the club, its freeloading.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »
The ref was awful today and could of got more decisions right by flipping a coin Andy. Probably the worst we have had this season and there have been some strong contenders. Pitch conditions cannot be blamed for simple decisions like their player obviously kicking the ball out of play and giving them a thow, Haystead and their player collided whilst Haystead already had the ball in his hands yet gave a drop ball, Jordan clearly got chopped down by their defender making no attempt to win the ball yet waved away free kick appeals, perfect tackle from Ward making contact only with the ball yet gave them a free kick, four minutes of added time second half yet in reality there should have been a maximum of two. Many more poor decisions i havent metioned. Boston players complained to the ref several times about poor decisions which is uncharacteristic of our player.

On the plus side the lads were excellent today 1-11 and played as well as any home game this season. New signing Smith looked very good, quick and strong.

Agreed on the freebie front surely the club need every customer paying!