Author Topic: todays game  (Read 15464 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 12:13:39 AM »
The one thing H & S did not deliver when here was a quality big strike partner for Newsham .  After all the dominence against Corby and only one goal return it was good to see a big striker with finesse do the business yesterday .   Can see Newsham and Jones pairing carrying us to the play-offs ,   SWD used as a tactical change when needed .

Agree with you on this ghm, although it wouldn't surprise me to see another target man-type striker arrive soon.  :dan

mom for me was Smith, Ross was much improved, and the ref was awful.

Regarding comps, when one fan can produce the following remarks within the space of a few hours it shows just how confusing the situation has become:-

"If they want to support the club pay like the others, don't turn up expecting a free ticket, its not supporting the club, its freeloading."

"Conversely I don't blame anyone for taking one if offered one, if I were offered one I would!"

"The club need to tighten up on this though because its clear there is widespread abuse of the complimentary ticket system."

"Why is it amazing?

99% of people would do the same.

Its the allocation system thats wrong, its wide open to abuse.

Don't get all pious about it, only a fool would pay when offered a free ticket."

:o

This man wants to support the football club that he loves, but finds himself unable to resist the lure of a dodgy comp. He encourages others to become free-loading gravy-trainers, leeching onto the soft underbelly of the club and draining off it's lifeblood.
This is the football club, that only survived due to the benevolence of a local businessman and has struggled to break even every year since. It is probably deeper in debt than ever before and yet it does nothing to stop this drain on its resources. Would it be that difficult to get a list of names and details of legitimate recipients of these comps so that they can be checked on entry to the ground?

???

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »
That makes me a fool then because in the 35+ years  (man & boy)I have supported Boston United I have never taken a free ticket to get into York St.(and I have been offered a few in that time) And yes I agree every one has the right to there own opinion whether they accept one or not (that they are not entitled too that is) The only thing I do object too is those who do accept them  (on a regular basis) should not come on here moaning and groaning why we have not bought this or that player or about budgets the club has set for the season

And I do agree the club should look into this in more detail for there own good.

ok rant over

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 04:20:31 PM »
That makes me a fool then because in the 35+ years  (man & boy)I have supported Boston United I have never taken a free ticket to get into York St.(and I have been offered a few in that time) And yes I agree every one has the right to there own opinion whether they accept one or not (that they are not entitled too that is) The only thing I do object too is those who do accept them  (on a regular basis) should not come on here moaning and groaning why we have not bought this or that player or about budgets the club has set for the season

And I do agree the club should look into this in more detail for there own good.

ok rant over

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONEAgree! Norty40 can tell you a story about that!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »
Ok lets stop all freebies! Dont think the club sponsors will be happy!
Lets stop this community club teams and just keep the youth set up!
Make players friends and family pay to watch!
Dont pay the stewards 15/20 a match!
Then we would see the true supporter!
By the way I volunteer to be a steward for free!

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2012, 04:46:26 PM »
GD reckons Ross was outstanding!  ??? MUST have got him mixed up with Milnes........... ;)

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2012, 06:14:28 PM »
Ok lets stop all freebies! Dont think the club sponsors will be happy!
Lets stop this community club teams and just keep the youth set up!
Make players friends and family pay to watch!
Dont pay the stewards 15/20 a match!
Then we would see the true supporter!
By the way I volunteer to be a steward for free!

As you well know Mr KON I was not talking about the legit comp tickets that get passed out through the proper channels and official schemes the club runs.
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
What tickets then?