Author Topic: todays game  (Read 15459 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »
Don,t think you can question the added time Carl ,     6 subs and the Haystead injury to be allowed for .

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »
Haystead injury was in the added time, the subs were quick and both teams made their final sub at the same time.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 09:08:59 PM »
The ref was awful today and could of got more decisions right by flipping a coin Andy. Probably the worst we have had this season and there have been some strong contenders. Pitch conditions cannot be blamed for simple decisions like their player obviously kicking the ball out of play and giving them a thow, Haystead and their player collided whilst Haystead already had the ball in his hands yet gave a drop ball, Jordan clearly got chopped down by their defender making no attempt to win the ball yet waved away free kick appeals, perfect tackle from Ward making contact only with the ball yet gave them a free kick, four minutes of added time second half yet in reality there should have been a maximum of two. Many more poor decisions i havent metioned. Boston players complained to the ref several times about poor decisions which is uncharacteristic of our player.

On the plus side the lads were excellent today 1-11 and played as well as any home game this season. New signing Smith looked very good, quick and strong.

Agreed on the freebie front surely the club need every customer paying!

Funny that Carl, I spoke to an ex and current player in the club after the game while waiting for Endeavour FM's roving reporter to finish and both said they thought the ref did really well. They also said it helps when he talks to players through the game..........that wasn't a tough game to handle today and a picky,officious ref would have pulled the cards out a lot sooner than that guy today. He's at this level for a reason, just like the players are, so I think credit where its due, we're not going to get Howard Webb or Mark Clettenburg quality officiating down here just like we're not going to get Premiership quality players........all I'm saying is I think all concerned performed to the best of their abilities in very challenging conditions.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
cracking result today and the manager is really ticking all the right boxes with me  ;D  plenty of passion on the sideline, done a fantastic slip and slide on ya ass celebration ( anyone see it ? ) after our second and looks to have got us playing some good stuff once again. was anyone surprised with the official announcement on the gate total at the end ?? to me, and those around me, we all agreed there looked a lot more in the ground that was stated !!!!  maybe its the usual freebie guys getting extra's for there mates now  ::)
time the club looked into this, as its costing us money. any turnstile operatives that are letting in "friends" should be sacked too ( it does happen !! )  anyway , back to the positives of today, 3 well deserved points :)

If I were you I'd amend that post re the gate, I've had phone calls from the club in the past, they are VERY sensitive on this issue.........and the gatemen are volunteers, they give up their time to do that job so be careful there, I know I'd be pi$$ed off if someone accused me of fiddling when I was doing something for free.

But I agree, the freebie culture needs knocking on the head, when I came to the Chester game with my cousin we were offered 4 or 5 freebies in the club, this can't be right. Players should get 2 max for FAMILY only and the programme sellers/50/50 sellers matchday helpers should also get in free but after that I see no reason why anyone should be allowed in free, be it through friend or family connections. If they want to support the club pay like the others, don't turn up expecting a free ticket, its not supporting the club, its freeloading.

KON, you listening?   ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
Conversely I don't blame anyone for taking one if offered one, if I were offered one I would!

The club need to tighten up on this though because its clear there is widespread abuse of the complimentary ticket system.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
Conversely I don't blame anyone for taking one if offered one, if I were offered one I would!

The club need to tighten up on this though because its clear there is widespread abuse of the complimentary ticket system.

Amazing, I hope this post stays here!  ??? Just for note, I have never taken a freebie and always paid my way.

I've tried to be polite.  8)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:41:45 PM by Myleftfoot »

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
Fair enough we all see it different which is part of the beauty of the game, can't argue that it wasn't an easy game for anyone involved.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »
I repeat my post above!   8)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 09:43:41 PM »
Why is it amazing?

99% of people would do the same.

Its the allocation system thats wrong, its wide open to abuse.

Don't get all pious about it, only a fool would pay when offered a free ticket.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 09:53:29 PM »
Well, perhaps I am more benevolent than the likes of yourself?  ;) My goodwill remains evident in many forms.

My target is philanthropic! How about you and KON?   8)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
For anyone who hasn't been with a sponsor party at the club(in which i have) will know that when the turnstyle turns to let a person in regardless of payed or free or season ticket you are counted. The system is electronic (hence the non use of counters any more) and is fed in real time data to the control/police or whatever you wish to call it in the corner of York street. I have watched this system working with my own eyes and counts all

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »
Oh nearly forgot. got to say what a decent game today was, Althou i dont agree with MOT i thought jones making way for jorden made  us look balanced. I also think that one of our front 2 needs to make way for jones. Just who i have no idea

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »
Regardless. as I say above
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:08:58 AM by Myleftfoot »

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 12:41:02 AM »
Yes the ref was diaobolical today. We have seen him here before and ive never seen him have a good game. As well as looking unfit he was one sided not only IMO but others standing nearby me. You didnt need rose coloured glasses to see that either. Yes a stronger ref would have given out cards, the first 3 to oxford players tackles from behind and i could go on. The time wasting they carried out without any objection from the 'man' in black during their throw ins well acceptable, but when we scored the second goal he was soon on our backs blowing his whistle to chase our players back to work. He seemed desperate to get Oxford back in the game
Excellent work from our squad today again. My motm Tom Ward although such good performances all round difficult to choose. Well done lads, now looking forward to Tues weather permitting.  8)

Seenbetter

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 01:58:14 AM »
Good assessment of the ref Scot. The problem is of course that the FA won't do anything about him. As long as some pudding is prepared to take up the whistle and turn out for games then they are happy. The only explanation for his performance is either complete incompetence or being very anti Boston United. I think a part of their training involves being told to laugh or smile when being abused because that is what happens in all games. It cannot possibly be that they really are fecking useless at the job. Bring back that female ref, she was bloody good at the job.