Author Topic: Vs Bradford PA  (Read 42346 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Bradford PA
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »
What a load of moaning old buggers you lot are; typical of those fans who think they have a God given right to be playing in the football league, whilst showing contempt for those other teams playing in the depths of non league football- ironic for a club who’s won the NPL on four occasions.

Ha ha, nice one. That's cracked me up!

So why didn’t you win on Monday? Having watched you beat Guiseley 3-1, you were the better of two poor teams, having been gifted two goals by the awful officials- bet you didn’t complain about the ref on that day.
Wanna bet? The Guiseley penalty was even softer than ours! I take it you haven't looked back to postings from after that game to back yourself up? ;)

You’ve played three home league games and failed to win any of ‘em. If your manager hadn’t made an injury time substitution, and your defenders not wasted time moaning to officials every chance they got, we wouldn’t have had time to score the equaliser. You didn’t win, cos you aren’t yet good enough.
We didn't win because we hit the bar and had an effort cleared off the line, rather than going in the net - and then because you lumped it forward at every opportunity in the final stages, and finally one of them landed perfectly for a shot on goal.

After you scraped a draw against them, we went to Kendal the following Tuesday. We hit the post, bar, missed a penalty and our forward blazed over an empty net from six inches. We should have hammered em 4-1 – weren’t good enough, but don’t go on our forum saying how crap Kendal is. Shit happens, so get over it.
I don't care, to be honest. You've done just there, what you're complaining about us doing. You didn’t win, cos you aren’t yet good enough ;)

With regard those young supporters; apart from Boston and FC most away teams bring very few fans, and these part timers clearly just turned up for the craic. I’ve never noticed them before, and if they do turn up at other games, then butter wouldn’t melt. The majority of our supporters are middle age to elderly, and had we been playing say- Ashton, it would have been the usual low key atmosphere. If any of the older guys had a go, then they should grow up.
They only came cuz we're a MASSIVE club, innit  ;D

So, having had a whinge at our team and wage bill, manager, pies, ref & liner, supporters, floodlights and athletics track, for Christ sake hurry up and get promoted, and save us all from your constant moaning and ‘holier-than-thou’ attitude.

Have a nice day. ;D

ps, and to ‘The Net’ who seems to post everywhere; get your facts right, i.e. Cambridge not Aldershot, and 1974 not 1972. And you call yourself a supporter.

*Goes to get violin*
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2009, 01:23:10 PM »
Who are Bradford Park Avenue?

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2009, 02:07:37 PM »
Go on arry give it some  :) To be fair to arry he's entitled to defend his club as we all would in his situation. On reflection i was a little sour after Monday night with the late goal & running track and all that, but come on arry mate you can never defend those pies of yours, mine was as dry as Ghandi's flip flop! :P

Seenbetter

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »
"Nice one Arry". Don't you just love it when you rattle someones cage and they wake up.
Well done for standing up for your club, credit to you. As for the refer, sorry did it again, as for Fancy Dress Man with his pea exerciser I haven't yet seen one in this league worth paying by either side.
As for the pies, well I don't know cos I wasn't there but apparently the best thing about them was that you didn't have to queue to get one. at least Bostons grub is worth waiting for, which is a good job considering you could miss 10mins of the second half waiting for it.
Good to hear from you Arry, suggest you visit a doctor though; they can give you something to calm you down at this time of the month.
Seriously though, keep in touch. It's good to hear the thoughts from other clubs as to how things are.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2009, 05:51:17 PM »
What a load of moaning old buggers you lot are; typical of those fans who think they have a God given right to be playing in the football league, whilst showing contempt for those other teams playing in the depths of non league football- ironic for a club who’s won the NPL on four occasions. Yes, you were much better than us on Monday; yes, you should have won; yes; apart for the occasional decent performance, we are a poor team, and have been for over a year now. We are quite capable of moaning about our club without your help. Even FCUM fans can be humble having lost a game or dropped points- quite a feat for Man Utd supporters.

So why didn’t you win on Monday? Having watched you beat Guiseley 3-1, you were the better of two poor teams, having been gifted two goals by the awful officials- bet you didn’t complain about the ref on that day. You’ve played three home league games and failed to win any of ‘em. If your manager hadn’t made an injury time substitution, and your defenders not wasted time moaning to officials every chance they got, we wouldn’t have had time to score the equaliser. You didn’t win, cos you aren’t yet good enough.

After you scraped a draw against them, we went to Kendal the following Tuesday. We hit the post, bar, missed a penalty and our forward blazed over an empty net from six inches. We should have hammered em 4-1 – weren’t good enough, but don’t go on our forum saying how crap Kendal is. Shit happens, so get over it.

With regard those young supporters; apart from Boston and FC most away teams bring very few fans, and these part timers clearly just turned up for the craic. I’ve never noticed them before, and if they do turn up at other games, then butter wouldn’t melt. The majority of our supporters are middle age to elderly, and had we been playing say- Ashton, it would have been the usual low key atmosphere. If any of the older guys had a go, then they should grow up.

So, having had a whinge at our team and wage bill, manager, pies, ref & liner, supporters, floodlights and athletics track, for Christ sake hurry up and get promoted, and save us all from your constant moaning and ‘holier-than-thou’ attitude.

Have a nice day. ;D

ps, and to ‘The Net’ who seems to post everywhere; get your facts right, i.e. Cambridge not Aldershot, and 1974 not 1972. And you call yourself a supporter.

Simply put...

....this isn't moaning yet, you should have been on here last year, that was moaning.

This? this is merely discussion, you should try it some time, might improve the atmosphere at games  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »
What a load of moaning old buggers you lot are; typical of those fans who think they have a God given right to be playing in the football league, whilst showing contempt for those other teams playing in the depths of non league football- ironic for a club who’s won the NPL on four occasions. Yes, you were much better than us on Monday; yes, you should have won; yes; apart for the occasional decent performance, we are a poor team, and have been for over a year now. We are quite capable of moaning about our club without your help. Even FCUM fans can be humble having lost a game or dropped points- quite a feat for Man Utd supporters.

So why didn’t you win on Monday? Having watched you beat Guiseley 3-1, you were the better of two poor teams, having been gifted two goals by the awful officials- bet you didn’t complain about the ref on that day. You’ve played three home league games and failed to win any of ‘em. If your manager hadn’t made an injury time substitution, and your defenders not wasted time moaning to officials every chance they got, we wouldn’t have had time to score the equaliser. You didn’t win, cos you aren’t yet good enough.

Have a nice day. ;D

Look i'm a Fc United fan you deserved to beat us this season and last at your place we was poor. The Boston fans have always been top notch when we beat them at there place last season it was a very even game even i'd admit a draw would of been fair how can you call Boston and Guisely poor teams :o both very good teams i think your just bitter that Bob Blackburns money is doing you no good  ;D

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2009, 01:15:26 AM »

Have a nice day. ;D

Look i'm a Fc United fan you deserved to beat us this season and last at your place we was poor. The Boston fans have always been top notch when we beat them at there place last season it was a very even game even i'd admit a draw would of been fair how can you call Boston and Guisely poor teams :o both very good teams i think your just bitter that Bob Blackburns money is doing you no good  ;D
one view we do share. the hatrid of bob blackburn !

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »

Have a nice day. ;D

WTF did all that come from Arry? Nobody has said we have a right to win and most have said it is a good point away to one of the fancied sides. All that has been said was that on the night we where the better side and where unlucky not to take all 3 points. We are not deluded and know the team is still a work in progress and that the best, hopefully from our perspective is yet to come.

If you take a look through other threads on this forum re: our last 2 league games against Burscough and Matlock you will find that almost everybody said we were beaten by the better side at Burscough and we were lucky to get a point against Matlock, is that humble - yes/no?

Personally thought we were also fortunate to get a win from FCUM but unlucky not to collect all 3 from Hucknall.

Results don’t always reflect how games went/go. If we had got the points from the games that we deserved on performance I personally think we’d have an extra point +4 for wins against BPA and Hucknall -3 for defeat to Matlock and draw with FCUM. Which kind of leads to the point that these things even themselves out over a season. 

Referees decisions are pretty much the same, over a season they even themselves out. At your game the officials gave 3 big decisions your way (offside for what would of been our first goal, no penalty for the handball and the lino putting his flag up for your first goal then putting it down). All that is being said is that had any of these gone the other way the result would probably have gone in our favour. Not blaming the ref it was our inability to defend a punt into the box at the very end that cost us the game, just pointing out that on the night you had a bit of luck with decisions, as I have said we’ll get some go our way at some stage no doubt.

If you re-read most on here enjoyed the banter with the young lads in your support and it was the older generation that let you down.

As far as BPA goes I don’t think they are “crap” and still fully expect them to finish top half this season. As I said in an earlier post a point away at your spot is a good result despite letting 3 slip so late.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »

Have a nice day. ;D

WTF did all that come from Arry? Nobody has said we have a right to win and most have said it is a good point away to one of the fancied sides. All that has been said was that on the night we where the better side and where unlucky not to take all 3 points. We are not deluded and know the team is still a work in progress and that the best, hopefully from our perspective is yet to come.

If you take a look through other threads on this forum re: our last 2 league games against Burscough and Matlock you will find that almost everybody said we were beaten by the better side at Burscough and we were lucky to get a point against Matlock, is that humble - yes/no?

Personally thought we were also fortunate to get a win from FCUM but unlucky not to collect all 3 from Hucknall.

Results don’t always reflect how games went/go. If we had got the points from the games that we deserved on performance I personally think we’d have an extra point +4 for wins against BPA and Hucknall -3 for defeat to Matlock and draw with FCUM. Which kind of leads to the point that these things even themselves out over a season. 

Referees decisions are pretty much the same, over a season they even themselves out. At your game the officials gave 3 big decisions your way (offside for what would of been our first goal, no penalty for the handball and the lino putting his flag up for your first goal then putting it down). All that is being said is that had any of these gone the other way the result would probably have gone in our favour. Not blaming the ref it was our inability to defend a punt into the box at the very end that cost us the game, just pointing out that on the night you had a bit of luck with decisions, as I have said we’ll get some go our way at some stage no doubt.

If you re-read most on here enjoyed the banter with the young lads in your support and it was the older generation that let you down.

As far as BPA goes I don’t think they are “crap” and still fully expect them to finish top half this season. As I said in an earlier post a point away at your spot is a good result despite letting 3 slip so late.

Some people only see what they want to see woad. Mind you in arrys (insert- Bob or Lee) defence if I'd spent the sort of money they have I'd be a bit bitter
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

The Net

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2009, 11:52:38 AM »
Proof that spending a lot of money does not necessarily buy titles or attract 'total football'. Hard work, luck and good manager decisions is all thats needed. On another day you'd have had your penalty and Avenue would have had the goal chalked off.

Have a nice day. ;D

Some people only see what they want to see woad. Mind you in arrys (insert- Bob or Lee) defence if I'd spent the sort of money they have I'd be a bit bitter

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2012, 10:42:05 PM »
Go on arry give it some  :) To be fair to arry he's entitled to defend his club as we all would in his situation. On reflection i was a little sour after Monday night with the late goal & running track and all that, but come on arry mate you can never defend those pies of yours, mine was as dry as Ghandi's flip flop! :P

Sorry to resurrect this post but my main concern about the start of this season isn't (a) Season ticket Prices ? (b) Have we signed any decent players ?  (c) Can we possibly afford to pay the Malkinson family £72 000 a year for the "peppercorn rent" of York St ? (d) Can Gainsborough provide a full coach of away supporters ? ,(Probably "yes" when subsidised) ,No the main question is this :

ARE BRADFORD PARK AVENUE'S PIES STILL AS DRY AS GANDHI'S FLIP FLOP ?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
ARE BRADFORD PARK AVENUE'S PIES STILL AS DRY AS GANDHI'S FLIP FLOP

Yup and probably still as flat as the atmosphere in the ground.

Is there still money a plenty at BPA? are they another big spender we have to compete with?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2012, 06:43:02 PM »
It seems like the money has dried up according to the Telegraph and Argus ! (Local Bradford paper):
How many clubs are at peril to these types of chairmen who see clubs as a toy ?

Bradford Park Avenue stadium dream in tatters as land sold off

7:40am Monday 7th November 2011 in News Exclusive By Dolores Cowburn

Bradford Park Avenue chief executive Bob Blackburn with plans at the Phoenix Park site in Thornbury which has now been sold off

Bradford Park Avenue’s long-term plans to move to a new 20,000 seat stadium are in tatters after the site was sold by a receiver to satisfy a debt owed by club owner Bob Blackburn’s property company Kelvic Holdings.

The sale of the 36-acre Phoenix Park in Thornbury for an undisclosed sum appears to have scuppered the historic club’s dreams of returning to the Football League as its current Bradford Council-owned Horsfall Stadium home is not up to the required standard.

A finance company forced the sale of the Phoenix Park site to settle a debt owed by Mr Blackburn’s company Kelvic Holdings and Development Ltd Kelvic Holdings, which, according to official financial reports, owes more than £84,000 to its creditors, owned the Phoenix Park site.

The football club is also nearly £304,000 in the red, but Mr Blackburn stressed to the Telegraph & Argus that was money owed to him and his fellow directors, John Edward Dean and Alan Kevin Ainsworth, and insisted that the club was not in any financial trouble.

He added that the Phoenix Park site had to be sold “because of the financial climate and due to the cost of his divorce settlement”.

“It had to be given to receivers to dispose of it,” he said.

“I am going through a divorce at the moment.

“We (Bradford Park) will stay where we are. The receiver was appointed to pay debts off and it was the wise thing to do so creditors got their money, but I can assure you the club is not in the red.

“Any deficit on the balance sheet is what me and the other two directors put in to keep it running. The club is doing really well on and off the field and it is business as usual.

Creditors have also lodged a ‘winding up petition’ at Birmingham’s District Registry against Kelvic and the next hearing is due on Thursday.

Receiver Mark Beesley, of Beesley and Company Insolvency Practitioners confirmed to the T&A that he was appointed by creditors on October 21 to sell the Phoenix Park site.

“The finance company was saying it needed its money back which was secured on this land,” Mr Beesley said.

“When Kelvic did not meet its obligations to the finance company, it used the security on the Pudsey (Phoenix Park) land to get it back.

“The land was sold and is no longer part of Bradford Park Avenue.”

Mr Blackburn is listed by Companies House as the company director of Kelvic Holdings and Development Ltd.

He became the chief executive of Bradford Park Avenue in 2007 when he purchased the majority shareholding from then club vice-president Frank Thornton.

Speaking at the time of his appointment, he said that he would be in a position to retire within the next five years and wanted to put something back into the community and raise the profile of the club.

Revealing the purchase of Phoenix Park in February 2008, Mr Blackburn said it was proposed to put a large stadium on the site.

He said at the time: “A 20,000-seat stadium would also enable the team to grow into the Football League. We are not letting the grass grow under our feet with this one.”

He also declared that his company Kelvic Holdings was to pay for the construction of the stadium, although he hoped to tap into some Government funding and receive help from the Football Foundation.

Since then the only development to take place on the site was the La Liga Soccer Centre.

But speaking last year Mr Blackburn insisted the stadium plan was still alive.

He said: “We want the stadium to be for the city of Bradford and hold local cup finals there as well as other non-football events.”