Author Topic: Vs Bradford PA  (Read 42428 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Bradford PA
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2009, 05:39:10 PM »
Suarez's job isn't to run the channels - he's the big man in between the two either side of him. He wins more headers than Davidson, but he loses out to Davidson on strength.

Sorry, you misunderstood me, Suarez was brilliant last night, as he has been in all the games I have seen him, some classy little interplays with the other two forwards. But it is else where we need the pace if we are going to win soo much in the air from the long punt up.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2009, 08:15:19 PM »
I'd have taken a draw before the game and still don't think a draw is too bad a result. Bradford where a very physical team and I thought the lads did very well to stand up to it.

First half was a pretty tight affair, both sides deciding to hit it long and there where virtually no chances. They had a couple of shots from the edge of the area both of which sailed way over the bar, we had a goal ruled out for offside which was a pretty tight decision and also a good penalty shout turned down. The goal came from a howler from their keeper and that was about it for action for the first half. Personally thought we where lucky to go in a goal to the good.

Second half was much more exciting and I thought we played much better. In the first most of the long balls seemed to go harmlessly out for goalkicks etc. but in the second although we still played it long they where much better and most seemed to find a man or where hit into space. We looked dangerous every time we went forward and especially from set pieces and should really have had the game sewn up before they got their second equaliser. As strange as it sounds I thought we looked really solid at the back and where really unlucky to concede 2 goals, the first the lino had his flag up but then put it down and the second was just a punt into our box that led to a scramble from which they scored.

Still think the lads played really well back to the early season form after a couple of dodgy league performances. Hard to pick a MOTM as all played well but for me Nick Jackson just edged out Camm. Was a very entertaining second half.

As others have said a few of their fans seemed really upset by the result which is a bit bizarre considering they got a very late equaliser after being outplayed for most of the second half. Some of their fans decided to verbally abuse some elderly fans of ours and what they said was disgusting, said fans then complained about our language when me and others gave them some back. Was pretty much handbags but could of turned nasty, shame as up until that point had had a really good night and like most clubs it was just a few spoiling it for the majority.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
credit gotta be given too 1 of the older lot last night around were i was stood

wearas everyone around him was getting abit heated at full time, he came over and wished us look for rest of the season

but tbh their really odd bunch mixed in with the local chavs looking for trouble

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »

wearas everyone around him was getting abit heated at full time, he came over and wished us look for rest of the season

but tbh their really odd bunch mixed in with the local chavs looking for trouble

There is no middle ground at BPA, they are either young, dumb and full of...not knowing better or old and losing any resemblance of sanity or decoram. Do all the 18-50 yr old Bradford people turn their back on BPA?

As posted before, no issues with the young 'uns, you get them everywhere and they're pretty harmless.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »
It wasn't the young lads I had problems with it was some who are old enough to know better. The young lads helped create a bit of an atmosphere which is no bad thing despite needing a geography lesson and a lesson on their clubs history  :D

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »
It wasn't the young lads I had problems with it was some who are old enough to know better. The young lads helped create a bit of an atmosphere which is no bad thing despite needing a geography lesson and a lesson on their clubs history  :D

'' WERE THE PRIDE OF LANCASHIRE ! ''   ;)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »

You've got it Tom, also the little matter of "FL you f*cked  it up"...they really need to check their history. Yes I know some view it as a new club but like others who have gone under e.g. Accrington Stanley I see it as a continuation.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2009, 10:51:55 PM »

You've got it Tom, also the little matter of "FL you f*cked  it up"...they really need to check their history. Yes I know some view it as a new club but like others who have gone under e.g. Accrington Stanley I see it as a continuation.

There are so many things about the whole exchange of banter that makes me chuckle still.

"Dorset what's the score" and the whole Lancashire thing
"Football league and you fecked it up"
The shoelaces 10 minutes with "velcro" etc
the random shouting of  "and I hate your puddings" and athletic stuff.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »
I'll claim the velcro stuff...

"You should have gone for Velcro!"
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »
Suarez has been doing well so far in the games he has played in. He has a touch of class with him and wins the large majority of his headers which he is expected to do. One thing that has to be taken into account with the lad is that he is new to this level so he will only get better as he gets used to this level of football. He has never in his life played in front of the crowds he has done so far nor come up against the tough and rough centre halves of the Unibond Prem.

He does look fractionally lightweight but I'm sure this is something that has been addressed and is in the process of being rectified.

Still only one loss this season boys and if we can get points away from home against the other sides that will be around the top come the end of the season and make the Jakemans a fortress we will stroll this league!

therealpigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2009, 08:56:27 PM »

There are so many things about the whole exchange of banter that makes me chuckle still.

"Dorset what's the score" and the whole Lancashire thing
"Football league and you fecked it up"
The shoelaces 10 minutes with "velcro" etc
the random shouting of  "and I hate your puddings" and athletic stuff.

first game I've managed this season and was impressed on the pitch as well as off it. Spoke to a few of their fans afterwards who said we were the best team they've played, and the best set of fans - shame about the result, but got to be pleased with the evening overall.

The Net

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
Think Avenue were rather lucky to scramble anything out of this game. First one was certainly dubious and even liner had his flag at one point. I was walking towards exit points when I heard some comments passed between our supporters (incl. Ronnie Bottomley; the old chap) and the visiting team. Thankfully that passed over without anything major.

As I have mentioned on avenue's forum, Guiseley's and FC United the younger end need to learn a little bit of history. The chant 'Football League, You C****d It Up'. Bradford PA were once a football league outfit until about 1970 when they were voted out in favour of Cambridge. Original Bradford (PA) were dissolved in 1974 and reformed in the sunday league in 1974 using the same name but had no connection to the previous regime. So the young chavs do need to learn irony here. Also a touch of geography will not go amiss either. Boston done a Wimbledon it seems shifting counties.  People do say that exam standards are getting easier but then again Bradford education has never been that good. Like I said on the FC United forum (see tonights scores dated Monday 14 Sept) Boston will be in the mix at the business end of season and would imagine the 14/1 at start of season will be a touch skinnier now.

As for Bradford, mid-table if there are lucky and can foresee further management changes in next few months.

I'd have taken a draw before the game and still don't think a draw is too bad a result. Bradford where a very physical team and I thought the lads did very well to stand up to it.

First half was a pretty tight affair, both sides deciding to hit it long and there where virtually no chances. They had a couple of shots from the edge of the area both of which sailed way over the bar, we had a goal ruled out for offside which was a pretty tight decision and also a good penalty shout turned down. The goal came from a howler from their keeper and that was about it for action for the first half. Personally thought we where lucky to go in a goal to the good.

Second half was much more exciting and I thought we played much better. In the first most of the long balls seemed to go harmlessly out for goalkicks etc. but in the second although we still played it long they where much better and most seemed to find a man or where hit into space. We looked dangerous every time we went forward and especially from set pieces and should really have had the game sewn up before they got their second equaliser. As strange as it sounds I thought we looked really solid at the back and where really unlucky to concede 2 goals, the first the lino had his flag up but then put it down and the second was just a punt into our box that led to a scramble from which they scored.

Still think the lads played really well back to the early season form after a couple of dodgy league performances. Hard to pick a MOTM as all played well but for me Nick Jackson just edged out Camm. Was a very entertaining second half.

As others have said a few of their fans seemed really upset by the result which is a bit bizarre considering they got a very late equaliser after being outplayed for most of the second half. Some of their fans decided to verbally abuse some elderly fans of ours and what they said was disgusting, said fans then complained about our language when me and others gave them some back. Was pretty much handbags but could of turned nasty, shame as up until that point had had a really good night and like most clubs it was just a few spoiling it for the majority.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 11:11:03 PM by The Net »

The Net

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2009, 10:45:25 PM »
The population which makes up Bradford & Metropolitan District Council is around 500.000 of which around 12,000 support the local professional side (Bradford City) and a large number supporting the neighbours down the road in Leeds. In comparison, the likes of Bradford Park Avenue and to some extent Farsley Celtic and Silsden are small fry in comparison based on attendances.

The younger element have only been following Avenue within the last year or so. These are the ones that were making the most noises. Take these out of the mix then you are left with the ageing hardcore support, i.e. those who followed them in 60s and the children of that hardcore support. Apart from the odd piece of abuse aimed at the liner or the ref you would hardly hear a dicky bird out of us. That was the case when we faced Telford a few seasons back and also during a friendly against Bradford City.

-----

There is no middle ground at BPA, they are either young, dumb and full of...not knowing better or old and losing any resemblance of sanity or decoram. Do all the 18-50 yr old Bradford people turn their back on BPA?

As posted before, no issues with the young 'uns, you get them everywhere and they're pretty harmless.

arry

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2009, 10:30:28 AM »
What a load of moaning old buggers you lot are; typical of those fans who think they have a God given right to be playing in the football league, whilst showing contempt for those other teams playing in the depths of non league football- ironic for a club who’s won the NPL on four occasions. Yes, you were much better than us on Monday; yes, you should have won; yes; apart for the occasional decent performance, we are a poor team, and have been for over a year now. We are quite capable of moaning about our club without your help. Even FCUM fans can be humble having lost a game or dropped points- quite a feat for Man Utd supporters.

So why didn’t you win on Monday? Having watched you beat Guiseley 3-1, you were the better of two poor teams, having been gifted two goals by the awful officials- bet you didn’t complain about the ref on that day. You’ve played three home league games and failed to win any of ‘em. If your manager hadn’t made an injury time substitution, and your defenders not wasted time moaning to officials every chance they got, we wouldn’t have had time to score the equaliser. You didn’t win, cos you aren’t yet good enough.

After you scraped a draw against them, we went to Kendal the following Tuesday. We hit the post, bar, missed a penalty and our forward blazed over an empty net from six inches. We should have hammered em 4-1 – weren’t good enough, but don’t go on our forum saying how crap Kendal is. Shit happens, so get over it.

With regard those young supporters; apart from Boston and FC most away teams bring very few fans, and these part timers clearly just turned up for the craic. I’ve never noticed them before, and if they do turn up at other games, then butter wouldn’t melt. The majority of our supporters are middle age to elderly, and had we been playing say- Ashton, it would have been the usual low key atmosphere. If any of the older guys had a go, then they should grow up.

So, having had a whinge at our team and wage bill, manager, pies, ref & liner, supporters, floodlights and athletics track, for Christ sake hurry up and get promoted, and save us all from your constant moaning and ‘holier-than-thou’ attitude.

Have a nice day. ;D

ps, and to ‘The Net’ who seems to post everywhere; get your facts right, i.e. Cambridge not Aldershot, and 1974 not 1972. And you call yourself a supporter.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »
What a load of moaning old buggers you lot are; typical of those fans who think they have a God given right to be playing in the football league, whilst showing contempt for those other teams playing in the depths of non league football- ironic for a club who’s won the NPL on four occasions. Yes, you were much better than us on Monday; yes, you should have won; yes; apart for the occasional decent performance, we are a poor team, and have been for over a year now. We are quite capable of moaning about our club without your help. Even FCUM fans can be humble having lost a game or dropped points- quite a feat for Man Utd supporters.

So why didn’t you win on Monday? Having watched you beat Guiseley 3-1, you were the better of two poor teams, having been gifted two goals by the awful officials- bet you didn’t complain about the ref on that day. You’ve played three home league games and failed to win any of ‘em. If your manager hadn’t made an injury time substitution, and your defenders not wasted time moaning to officials every chance they got, we wouldn’t have had time to score the equaliser. You didn’t win, cos you aren’t yet good enough.

After you scraped a draw against them, we went to Kendal the following Tuesday. We hit the post, bar, missed a penalty and our forward blazed over an empty net from six inches. We should have hammered em 4-1 – weren’t good enough, but don’t go on our forum saying how crap Kendal is. Shit happens, so get over it.

With regard those young supporters; apart from Boston and FC most away teams bring very few fans, and these part timers clearly just turned up for the craic. I’ve never noticed them before, and if they do turn up at other games, then butter wouldn’t melt. The majority of our supporters are middle age to elderly, and had we been playing say- Ashton, it would have been the usual low key atmosphere. If any of the older guys had a go, then they should grow up.

So, having had a whinge at our team and wage bill, manager, pies, ref & liner, supporters, floodlights and athletics track, for Christ sake hurry up and get promoted, and save us all from your constant moaning and ‘holier-than-thou’ attitude.

Have a nice day. ;D

ps, and to ‘The Net’ who seems to post everywhere; get your facts right, i.e. Cambridge not Aldershot, and 1974 not 1972. And you call yourself a supporter.

Ahhh. Aint that sweet, bobby blackburns bumboy comes to his defence. At least he's managed to pull the wool over someones eyes at your pathetic excuse for a club. If you can't understand a bit or irony and humour and justifiable complaints from us lot, go and sit back in your olympic type runningtrack, eating your vermin pies that you can't see to eat because the lights are so shit and singing amen with a big budget and we still cant play football. I think this is the most polite reply you'll probably get on here so I hope you feel extremely honoured.
God these tinpot team fans hey, theyre a whole new breed lol